Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Winter Weekend RR/NRR
- - By swandive Date 2017-12-23 10:52 AM
RR posts
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-12-23 10:59 AM
The calendar says it is wintertime, but it doesn't feel like it outside.  It is in the 60s and very humid. :mutmad:  I ran 13.3 this morning, which isn't a terribly long run but it was slow and overall a rather miserable run.  I'm exhausted and have already exceeded my mileage goal for the year so I really didn't feel like doing a longer run.

I know some people get excited about Christmas (my cousin was over yesterday with her kids and the kids were going nuts), but I'm just ready for it to be over.  I'm sure anyone who delivers packages agrees with me. :laugh:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-23 1:27 PM
And anyone who has to go food shopping, or shopping in general, come to it. And anyone tired of the celebrations that seem to begin earlier and earlier... now in October it seems.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-23 9:52 PM
I love Christmas but find the whole shopping and preparing very overwhelming. Never enough time to just sit back and enjoy the season.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-12-23 9:54 PM
I ran 3 miles today, slowly. I need to build my base back up. I am debating if I should run tomorrow because that would be three days in a row.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-24 1:05 PM
Could you do something else instead? Go for a walk or a bike ride?
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-24 1:02 PM
10 miles yesterday -- needed gas and some things from Costco, so went to their gas station early, gassed up, checked with attendant to confirm that the warehouse opened at 9:30, left car in their (empty) parking lot, went for 10 mile run. Returned at 9:40 to find a) they'd opened at 9 rather than 9:30, b) the place was a zoo, and c) people get upset when a runner returns to her car to drop her gloves and pick up her wallet and then goes into the store. I had drivers following me hopefully even though I tried to let them know I wasn't leaving. And then when I had finished shopping and loaded my trunk, there was a line of cars waiting to vy for my spot.

So glad I didn't go later...

And 6.8 this morning before WW. I didn't know there was an ugly sweater contest at the meeting until I got there. Oh my. It's amazing how many ugly sweaters 40 women can come up with. And ugly leggings -- why would someone make leggings with decapitated Father Christmases on them and have his head UPSIDE DOWN all the way up each leg? But the run was good. Uphill 3.4 miles, turn, come back, a good 10 minutes faster than the ascent.
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-24 2:12 PM
The image of the Father Christmas leggings is not one I wanted in the eyeballs of my imagination. Argh. Why would people make something like that??
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-24 2:26 PM
And even more why would people buy something like that?

And most of all, why would someone WEAR something like that? Unless the garment was purchased solely for events such as this.

Says she sitting in a top with a cat wearing a Santa hat and the words "SANTA PAWS" spelled out in sequins, green leggings, and socks with red and green tree lights on them. In my defense, nobody's going to see them under my choir robes.
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-25 8:17 AM
Things that are hidden and remain do are generally exempt I'd say... and choir robes are perfectly dignified. If you are not removing them, who's to know? :happy:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-25 1:52 PM
The people who see me without robes on between services. :grin:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-24 1:06 PM
Nice weekend of workouts. Saturday: crossfit 12 days of Christmas workout, it was a free class for friends/family so O came with me. 4 mile easy run outside and it wasn't too bad.
Sunday: 15 mile treads run thanks to below 0 windchill. Watched Fuller House on Netflix to get through. Now cleaning and finishing dinner: tamales, black beans, fajita veggies.
- - By swandive Date 2017-12-23 10:53 AM
NRR posts
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2017-12-24 3:44 AM
Just want to wish those who celebrate a very merry Christmas! :grin::hug: We will be spending Christmas Eve at my brother's with my sis and dad.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-24 1:05 PM
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it! And best wishes for the solstice for everyone -- yay, days get longer again in this hemisphere! (sorry sticky and flyingkiwi)

9 AM service cantored and done. I have a few hours off before the 3 PM, 5 PM, and 10 PM services.
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-24 2:13 PM
Very happy for this solstice! Even though the cold will grow, it will be a bit lighter and spring is almost certain to come.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-24 2:31 PM
Almost certain?

Do you know something we don't?
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-25 8:18 AM
Well, there is always the chance of a delayed spring, or one that comes and departs only to mean another round of cold, confusing the plant life.....
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-12-25 10:58 AM
Fimbulwinter is coming...
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-24 4:09 PM
Here the buds that sit on the trees until they open in the spring are ready. :grin:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-12-25 8:19 AM
The hawthorn tree always makes me smile for that. When it flowers, the spring has set in for good. I've not seen it be tricked.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Winter Weekend RR/NRR