Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Christmas Eve Eve, Saturday 23 Dec 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-23 7:31 AM
According to the commercials, it is Super Saturday.  It will be crazy at the malls and grocery stores.  And I still need to make a grocery store run.  Why didn't I go yesterday?

So what are your plans for today?  Hitting the stores or staying home?

Post, post, post...
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-23 9:01 AM
Grocery store run today too.:grin:  It might be an every day occurrence for the next several days.

Tonight is the only evening we can get everyone in one place for a meal so though we won't open gifts until Christmas day, Christmas dinner is tonight.  I know Lisa and Jacob are on the road....haven't heard from Amy yet.

I had a good quiet run yesterday (everyone must have been shopping) and will just do some yoga today.   Relaxing my way into Christmas.:happy::happy:

Happy Eve Eve Masters!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-23 2:58 PM
My grocery run wasn't that bad.  We parked our car next to a young man who was having trouble with his truck.  He thought it was the radiator and hoped that he could repair it enough to get him home.  The truck was still there when we returned our car.   I pray he is able to obtain help and repair the truck quickly and cheaply.   An unneeded expenses are the worst at this time of the year.

Hope your children have all made the trips home safely.  Christmas dinner with kids :hug::hug::hug::hug: a priceless gift.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-23 3:22 PM
My store wasn't crowded at all.  I think I only waited 2 minutes for an open cashier.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-23 10:06 AM
Lots of rain today. Breakfast at Cracker Barrel, let that sit for a couple hours, and then 3.25 miles on the gym treadmill.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from the gym. A little crowded but I survived. Got stuff for dinner tonight.

I guess that's it for the day.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-23 2:59 PM
Our weather is so finicky.  It was cold yesterday evening and night, but the sun is shining today!  The weather is to continue like this through Christmas Day and then turn cold and cloudy.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-23 3:04 PM
My friend and I went for a power walk (3.56 miles) this morning.  Probably our last one till next week as they are leaving for CA on Christmas Day and returning on Thursday.

On our way back, a tiny Nativity scene caught my eye.  It had the wise men, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, trees, animals.  The items were all placed underneath a tree limb that actually sits on city property.  It caught my eye because one of trees had fallen and two of the wise men were on there backs.  As I stopped to straighten them, I realized it was a nativity scene.  Just gives me hope that there are good people in this world.   I may post a picture on FB but not list the location as I would hate for someone to come and vandalize it.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-23 3:22 PM
You will think of that Nativity scene every single Christmas from here forward.:happy:
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-23 4:10 PM
Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

I do have to run several errands and hit the grocery store, because I didn't go yesterday. That's how I roll. :roll::laugh::laugh:
It will be crazy because everyone comes out of the backwoods this time of year to stock up for the month, so, extra population in town. And they are such unique characters, they make me smile. Last month, I saw a guy that had a lynx "hat" - head and all. :shocker!: He was so proud of it! Hopefully he will hit the laundromat before he heads back into the wild. :wink::laugh:
I love this place. :hug:

Watching a show that has people building varying levels of cabin, off the grid. I hope to do this at some point. However, I require internet access, so while I can figure out the generator/water thing, I need signal. :wink: Luckily, I think that can be resolved as well, so maybe within 5 yrs or so, I can have a cabin of my own. :happy:

Anyway. Sunrise at 10:59 am Sunset at 2:41 pm, I believe we gained a couple of minutes of light from yesterday. :sad: I love winter! It's 3 degrees. :hug:
-20 would be better, but what are ya gonna do. :wink:

Squirrelcat has settled in quite nicely, she's such a love. BIG personality going on there, and she tells me about it fairly often. :laugh:

Enough blather from me! :blush:

Have a good evening, everyone!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-23 8:24 PM
I beg to differ, but +20 and sunny is perfect weather!:wink:

hugs to Squirrelcat.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-23 9:56 PM
Is it hard to adjust to the minimal hours of sunlight?  

I bet you do see all kinds of characters.  So glad Squirrelcat is adjusting.  Sounds like you two are a great pair.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-24 1:04 AM
For me, not at all hard to adjust to the lack of sunlight. I understand it's an issue for some people though. I simply love each season, so when I get mega cold and not much light, I hunker down and do cold/snuggly things. When it gets light and stays light, I will hike/walk/other things, incessantly. I guess to some it's not a balance, but to me, it's a balance of seasons. It's an odd and quirky place to live. Definitely not for everyone, but I'm an oddball and always have been.
Living in AK very much feels like coming home.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-24 7:49 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: I LOVE THIS for you!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-24 3:28 PM
Thank you, Jen! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: back atcha! :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Christmas Eve Eve, Saturday 23 Dec 2017