Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 22 Dec 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-22 7:26 AM
Finally it's Friday! 

Are you ready for Christmas?   Do you have all your shopping done including groceries?

Any movies you recommend?

Post, post, post!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-22 7:33 AM
4 miles this morning. Not much jump in my step this morning. Going to be 60° and rain later today. :roll:  Makes me miss Buffalo & Michigan.

If you're talking movies in the theater, I hope to see Star Wars and/or Downsizing over the next week or so. I don't have any to recommend yet.

I'm done with Christmas shopping although I am never truly done with groceries. I always think of something I want, but as for what we need for Christmas dinners, we are set.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-22 11:40 AM
Thanks for the names of the two movies.  They are both at the theater near me!

So you would rather have snow than rain?  Is that why you miss Buffalo and Michigan?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-22 1:12 PM
It's winter. I should be out cross country skiing in the snow not drinking pina coladas in the tropics.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-22 3:52 PM
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-22 8:46 AM
Thank you for starting the daily Marilyn!

I'm confounded that Christmas is almost here!  How did that happen?  I guess I don't get out enough to have been bombarded by it.  My gifts are hidden away waiting for some magic fairy to wrap them.  One of our traditions is that we wrap gifts after supper and before midnight mass on Christmas eve.  So there is still that to do.  And like Dave says, I'm never really done grocery shopping. 

Lee is decluttering the basement and fixing a dripping bathroom faucet today.  My to do list includes vacuuming and dusting everywhere.  I've got the kids' bedrooms stocked with fresh bedding and towels and the doors shut to keep Pierre out.  (Jacob is allergic to him)  Then we just hang out and wait for everyone to get here tomorrow.  I don't care for the song, but it really is "the most wonderful time of the year".
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-22 11:41 AM
Dusting -- that is an never ending job at my house and we don't even have pets!

Family time is magical at this time of the year.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-22 11:58 AM
Misha's nick name is Allergen.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-22 9:08 AM
These short days are not long enough.   Yesterday was FULL.  Hope Dining Room till 2, followed by Empowerment Center, Computer Shopping, The Illusionist last night.  That was really fun.  5 magicians (illusionists) all tied together in one well "choreographed" show.  Lots of OH WOW.

We now call Christmas, Christmas For All,  The Homeless, the Poor, the Lonely. the, the,the....  ALL.  Lots of food, gifts, volunteers.  Emails, txt, calls keep coming in.  It's mostly all last minute.  I will shop today to fill in the holes.  Many folks at Hope DR yesterday were really excited. Some guys see me on Main St.  "Hey Santa, are you doing Christmas at the church this year?"  

The Hotel DuPont in Wilmington is  5 stars.  We were taking some pics there last night and I let out a few big Ho Ho Ho.  The receptionist behind the desk called me over.  Uh Oh Oh Oh I thought. Surely it would be, "Sir you don't do that in this hotel"   No she says..."can you do that again...I want to record that for my nephew!":grin::grin::grin:   Great acoustics.

Ho Ho Ho Masters,

Santa in North Pole
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-22 11:41 AM
You ARE Santa!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-22 5:44 PM
North Pole, AK is just a few miles down the road from me! :grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-22 4:01 PM
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-22 5:00 PM
We went to see "Downsizing" this afternoon.  Weird movie.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 22 Dec 2017