Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Winter Solstice Thursday, 21 Dec 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 6:45 AM
Shortest day of the year!

What are your plans for today?

Post away.  Remember we take anything; rants, vents, non physical activity posts...just post and keep us going!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-21 6:54 AM Edited 2017-12-21 6:57 AM
Over to the park for 3.25 miles this morning. Dark, clear skies, 27°.   I am 0.172 miles behind pace to get to 100 this month, but a 4-day weekend is coming up and I plan to get out in front of the pace needed.

Signed up for a New Year's Day 5k. I always ran a New Year's Eve or Day race in Michigan but never could find one around here, then out of the blue I get an email about a local race. And you get a blue hoodie if you run it (and are one of the first 200 to register which I hope I was.)

I think I posted here a few weeks ago about finishing the programming on a major project. We finally finished all the testing and turned on the new programming in production. 2 hours later someone found a problem. No matter how much we test, something always goes wrong. :roll: It makes me wonder how we ever put a man on the moon without first missing a few times. :wtf:

I fixed the problem is a few minutes but it is going to take all day to correct the errors that already happened. At least it was caught before anything went out the door.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 9:14 AM
Dave
You are such a productive person!

Thank heavens the error was found early in the production stage.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-21 12:20 PM
every month or so we send a few patches out to the field (hospitals) for further testing. They almost always find something we missed. Too hard to simulate their environments and how the users do things.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-21 8:47 AM
My husband is off work until next year.  Having him home all day is taking some getting used to.:roll:  I have a dr appt late morning.  By that time of day the doc will be running over an hour behind.  I'm taking a book and maybe my lunch.  Really though, I'm thankful they are getting me in.  My appt was supposed to be the last one of the day tomorrow.  I love my doc but I don't think his heart would be in it for the last appt before Christmas.

I did over an hour of yoga yesterday spread out over 3 sessions.  I love it.  I will probably do more today.  Good Thursday all.

MB- hope the cake turned out.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 9:11 AM
Enjoy the time with your husband!

My cake looks very good.  It rose and came out of the pan just fine.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 9:12 AM
My workout video is done and I am going to see my hairdresser and run just a few errands.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-21 9:48 AM
Christmas hair.:happy::happy:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-21 12:18 PM
i'm picturing lights, garland and bulbs in her hair.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 1:50 PM Edited 2017-12-21 1:54 PM
:laugh::laugh:

My hairdresser's shop is about 30 miles away from me.  The traffic was horrible!  Coming home, I had an hour drive!  Should have taken 30 minutes at the most.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2017-12-21 9:52 AM
More shopping.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS Masters with friends and family!.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 1:51 PM
Enjoy the last minute shopping.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-21 12:17 PM
Shortest day of the year!
I am short every day of the year.

hour of lifting at the gym with Sam. Ran a Dawn 10K at Noon (6.29)
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 1:51 PM
I forgot to add that it is also the longest night of the year.  :evil::evil:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-21 2:08 PM
now that is something i can work with
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-21 1:00 PM
I’m planning another run/hike this afternoon. 90 minutes so probably 4-5 miles depending on speed and uprightedness : pbbt:

Tomorrow and Saturday nights I’m working and I’m off Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I was supposed to go to an open house with Danny and his kids’ Mom and her husband, Wayne on Sunday evening but his daughter changed the time to 1pm so I’m not going since it’s a 2 hour drive and I work the night before. Since I’m not going, Wayne isn’t going either (the daughter is almost always hateful to be around) and now Danny and Kathy have to go by themselves. I’m quite pleased-  no desire for her drama. :laugh: Saved by the night shift!

:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-21 1:53 PM
I gather your run/hike will be in snow?  I can just imagine the solitude and beauty of the island.

Glad you don't have to be involved in unnecessary drama.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Winter Solstice Thursday, 21 Dec 2017