Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday -- Party On
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-19 7:40 AM
Morning Masters.    This time next week--it's over.  And Black Friday2 is celebrated the day after Christmas.  But first....let's live in the moment.  What you got going TODAY?!!!

QOTD:  Do you have a favorite or despised party food?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-19 7:52 AM
Today--it is so full that it doesn't all fit on the calendar.   Shortly I will walk in to town and pick up a loaner car as my Sonata gets a new transmission.:cry: Hopefully Hyundai warranty covers it.  (trans slips badly when cold)  I have 3 parties, a meeting and Shirley care the rest of day.   The parties I go to are not real "sophisticated".  No fancy dishes.  Last night party featured some dips and chips, fruit, and sloppy joe.  Party #1 today is lunch at Pizza Hut buffet. 
Party #2 is cake and cookies at a home for pregnant and new moms. But Santa brings carloads of gifts.  Santa enjoys holding babies for "first Christmas" photos.  Party 3 is science teachers dinner gathering at a local Italian place....not Olive Garden.

QOTD:   I'm easy.  Good old onion dip and chips.  I'm a sucker for that.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-19 10:31 AM
I think party #2 will be the best.   When is your grandbaby due?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-19 1:35 PM
February 22.  Ellen looks like she is due yesterday.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-19 2:25 PM
well, don't tell her that!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-19 10:17 AM
It is still raining here!  As soon as there is a break, I am going out for a power walk.

My husband found my missing black boots!  They were in a corner of the closet and how I missed them is beyond me.

QOTD -- I love a baked brie with nuts and fruit.

Enjoy your day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-19 10:30 AM
Send Jerry to  my house because my favorite pair of heels have been in hiding since Lisa's wedding......
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-19 2:29 PM
He is available in July.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-19 2:35 PM
do we haggle over price?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-19 3:01 PM
Just provide a room.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-19 10:29 AM
I always hope for an invite to Mark Oles' eggnog party......  eggnog counts as party food right?

I started the morning with a dog walk of course and then a couple of things at church and a too long chat outside of church.:roll:  I'm becoming one of those ladies.

and I went out for a little shopping to even things up for the kids.  Seems Jacob's pile was a little smaller than the girls.  I want to be Jacob because seriously, I bought him the greatest pair of wool socks ever.  ok, I like him alot, i bought him 2 pair.

Tom, I'm so sorry about your Sonata.  I hope it is all covered work.  I'm beginning to tire of mine but really I don't like anything on the market right now better.  7 years old, 30,000 miles....I suppose I should keep it another decade or so.:laugh:

We are in the midst of really nice weather with breathtaking sunrises and gorgeous sunsets.  And I haven't run a step.  I keep telling myself there's always tomorrow.  One of these days tho tomorrow is going to be below zero and a sheet of ice. I'm not feeling it though.  Probably some yoga instead.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-19 1:40 PM
Can you do an evening light run?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-19 2:34 PM
Good idea.  Tonight could be perfect for that; it's 47* right now so might still be in 40's come sunset.  Maybe I'll put some jingle bells on my headlamp.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-19 2:35 PM
hour of lifting at the gym. 6.23 mile run home.

QOTD-I pretty much eat anything and everything
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-19 9:10 PM
So tell us.  Now that you are lifting and running home, have you lost weight?  Not that you need to, but I am just curious.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-20 8:59 AM
weight is the same. I am lifting weights 2 mornings a week. I may have added a bit of upper body weight. not sure.
still running the same amount. I will probably start running at lunch on those days. lifting weights and then running right away is tough.
I have noticed that i am hungrier...didn't think that was possible.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-19 9:09 PM
Forgot to post my workout.  There was a slight break in the weather and I went out for a 3.6 mile PW.  Oh it felt so good to be outside.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-19 10:55 PM
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-20 7:22 PM
Fave party food currently is hummus with some crunchy veggies to dip. And wine. Although now I’m sipping hot chocolate with some Cap Morgan and whipped cream. :laugh:  Danny is still a little sick. We didn’t take the kiddos as they both are coughing and gave junky noses. Both parents are sick also, which was an unfortunate but effective reinforcement of our decision not to take them.

I had a great run/hike today. Danny said he would make me a trail with the snowmobile at least around the quad so I can get some running in here. If I can get in 2 runs here and 1 or 2 in the city I think I won’t lose my stride over the winter. I signed up for some Yoga classes so I can learn the basics. If I get into the Tri for a Cure I’m going to take swim lessons. I need to learn how swim with my face in the water and breathe

Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-20 7:27 PM
Hot chocolate with Capt Morgan, I'll have to try that.

Hope Danny gets over the crud soon. 

Your island living sounds so interesting!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-20 7:31 PM
This was supposed to posted on Wednesday! :laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-21 6:40 AM
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-21 7:36 AM
Cool! :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-21 9:49 AM
I did this one yesterday.  It is fairly easy - I only tipped over once:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday -- Party On