Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Marvelous Monday T minus one week and counting
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-18 7:17 AM
It's one week away.  This time next week......    In the meantime post about TODAY. 

QOTD.   Christmas Lights.    Do you have a favorite or despised type?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-18 7:42 AM
Last evening was a magical Christmas Light run.  I was surprised however how slushy-slippery it was in places.  I thought the snow had pretty much melted.  I posted pics on FB.  I liked the light tunnel.  He also had a train running around.  The giant Darth Vader in the midst of otherwise traditional lights was impressive.  I especially like open curtains with trees visible.  A number of parties last evening.  I could almost keep up with football from the number of big screens visible. 

This evening kicks off a 36h marathon that includes  4 yes F-O-U-R parties/meals.:shocker!:  I would much rather just sit in my backyard by the potbelly and sip coffee. 

Lights:  I'm not a big fan of projection lights, although one guy had them up in a giant spruce tree and it was pretty good looking.  I don't like Light Fights on TV.  But if that encourages others to put up lights, that's nice. 

Tom in DE

PS....I need to put up some lights.  We got nothin.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-18 1:26 PM
I liked your pictures.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-18 7:54 PM
Your light run pics are pretty cool. I may have to do that next week. :hug:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-18 8:14 AM
Tom - I enjoyed your Facebook pictures of your run through the lights.

I liked when the first icicle lights came out. Now they are everywhere. I still like them but they seemed really cool the first time I saw them. We aren't allowed to put up lights at the condo but I never did any lights so it isn't a problem for me,

I ran 4 this morning at the park. Dark, 40°, and a light mist.  Just a few more days and then we will start gaining daylight. I have a 2 mile cushion on my goal to make 100 this month. I may fall behind during the week but then I'll make it up on the weekend.

Since we can't have a pot belly fire at the condo I picked up a table top propane heater to sit outside and sip coffee next to. It uses small cans of propane and the can freezes up after 20-30 minutes, and the flame goes out.. I did some research and it looks like I can get a larger propane tank and an adapter hose and the problem will go away. I hope to get that by the weekend so I can spend some quality time outdoors over the 4-days off work.

No kids coming in this weekend and no trips for us. So it will be a very quiet holiday. Cindy set-up a Friday dinner with friends from church. The guy seems like a good guy based on short conversations at church so it should be a good evening.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-18 9:12 AM
Great job on that sub 8 over the weekend!:cool:   I guess they would frown on a firepit to sit outside.  Days getting longer...If I recall, they initially get longer in the evening while morning does not come earlier for another week or two.  I never fully understood that, but I think my brain is too full to learn it now.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-18 7:51 PM
I like longer sunlight, too.  It’s dark here by 1600. :meh: I’m loving the LL Bean outsider commercials. I keep telling Danny I want to put on our coats and boots and drink coffee outside in the sun by the water. I think it would make a great commercial : pbbt:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-18 9:12 AM
Morning all.
Busy weekend. Here are the highlights:

-Picked Sam up from airport saturday afternoon - no baby at that time.:roll:
-Late Saturday night, text from Josh and Katie they were heading to hospital
-Sunday morning still no baby. We went to Sam's sister's house for Inbred-Christmas.
-Driving up SUnday night, text that baby had finally decided to come out. Rough birth for momma and baby.
all are well now. Girl. 8lb4oz. Elizabeth Frances.:hug:

Or and on saturday I signed up for a 100 mile race in April :roll::shocker!:

QOTD- there is a house down the street that has a Leg Lamp in the window, that is my favorite
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-18 9:24 AM
Do you have all of April to complete the 100 miles? :roll:

Congratulations on the new kid. Is Sam going to go back to help out?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-18 9:26 AM
Sadly only 30 hours to complete it.

Sam can't go back. Christmas in a Week. And wedding for our Elizabeth in 12 days.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-18 10:23 AM
Welcome Elizabeth.  I am so sorry that it was a rough birth.  I hope Katie and Josh can rest and that Elizabeth is an easy baby.

Congratulations to all.:hug:

Where is your 100?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-18 11:22 AM
Maryland C&O Canal 100
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-18 11:58 AM
Sounds like a good one.  I love running the canal towpath here; always pretty scenery.  Sometimes though I've gotten a little vertigo running along the water.  Probably a side effect of spacing out on the run.

Also, while trolling Facebook this weekend I found my grade school next door neighbor.  Seems she's your neighbor now as her page says she lives in Bowie.:cool:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-18 12:37 PM
what is the young lady's name?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-18 2:57 PM
Maria (and Robert) Buchwald
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-18 7:46 PM
Looks like a great 100 miler
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-19 7:30 AM
only a runner would use "great" and "100 miler" in the same sentence :laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-18 1:28 PM
Congratulations Grandpa on grandchild #3!  Glad to hear Mom and baby are doing well.  Beautiful name.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-18 7:45 PM
My oldest Laycie is really Elizabeth. My favorite girl name. :hug:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-18 10:31 AM
I love Christmas lights.  For some reason our neighbors all do white lights in the front yard, colored lights on the tree in the house, and if they do backyard lights those are colored as well.  So it irks me when I see other neighborhoods doing it differently.:roll:  We have neighbors celebrating Hanukkah and I love the menorah in their window.

Big messes at Kitty Love today.  I'm glad it is over.  Our vet tech brought in dozens of cookies though so that made it better.  She said she baked the entire weekend.  Mint oreo truffles (though not cookies) were my favorite.

My husband got home from Florida yesterday - thankfully went through Hartsfield/Jackson/Atlanta before the power outage.  He was so lucky.  I think the fact that his flight down was delayed an entire day gave him good juju for the way home.

I've missed my workouts 2 days in a row.  I don't know if I'm trying to get rid of a kidney stone or it's just a run of the mill UTI but I'm pretty miserable.  Doctor appointment isn't until Friday.:sad:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-18 1:30 PM
Glad your husband went through the Atlanta airport before the power failure.

Feel better soon.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-18 7:44 PM
:sad: I hope you feel better soon.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-12-18 7:22 PM
Welcome baby Elizabeth! I hope everyone is doing well and she grows strong and healthy :hug: I do like looking at Christmas lights, I see a lot from my floor in the hospital when I have time to look out the window.

We’ve got a few more inches of snow. It’s very pretty. It’s been as cold as 7 degrees but I’ve fully acclimated and I’m enjoying the snowy cold. 

:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Marvelous Monday T minus one week and counting