Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Squirrel-y Sunday! 12/17/17
- - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-17 2:19 AM Edited 2017-12-17 2:29 AM
:hug:

After a crazy trip back to CO :cry: incredibly long day today getting back to AK, wait, yesterday? but great flights, (thanks Alaska Airlines!) I got off the plane, unpacked, got the carrier from home and headed to the other side of town, (a whopping 10 min drive :laugh:)  and now have a WONDERFUL little kitty from a local rescue. This is the greatest rescue group, EVER!. :hug:

I typed out all the details, but deleted them because honestly, too boring, too many details that just made me cry again, etc. Suffice it to say, this tiny cat will have a forever home with plenty of food, love, blankets and cat toys! When she crawls up on me and starts that chirping/purring/paw kneading thing, I can't help but tear up. How anyone could have ever hurt her, is beyond me. :cry: Or hurt any animal. :cry:

So, QOTD:
What's SQUIRREL-Y in your world, today?? Something has to be, in some way. :laugh:
Go pet something with paws today. It's amazing how animals can change your life, not to mention, how you can change theirs with just the slightest positive action, and they count on us. :hug:

Please note, I'm 4 hrs behind most of you and likely don't know what day it is. : pbbt:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-17 5:58 AM
And I thought I was up early!

Glad you made it back home and have your "furbaby!"  You are a good Mom!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-17 7:34 AM
Welcome to the forum Squirrel!  I'm glad your travels are done and that you are home with your new best friend.

I can't think of a time when I didn't have a cat but I didn't love a dog until I was 30.  All those dogless years:sad:  I hope to never be without a companion animal.  Misha is most likely my last big dog and that makes me sad but I'm sure the future holds smaller, more manageable beasts.   Speaking of which - Pierre woke me up at 4 and Mish is at this moment pleading her case for her morning walk.

Tromped thru the timber with her yesterday and we heard gunshots way too close.  My sister was on her phone immediately to call the police but we were out of city limits and on semi-private property.  I didn't want to make a stink.  We just went quickly in the other direction.  There were other dog walkers in the timber and they weren't concerned.  I don't think we were at all in danger - just some farm boys having target practice behind their barn - but it gave me pause as to what some people in large cities deal with.  Chicago and all their shootings for example.

Today's workout is up in the air.  I'll see what inspiration the afternoon brings.:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-17 1:12 PM
I have lost my black boots!  How can that be?  My closet nor my house are big?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-17 2:35 PM
Today was the first in the Winter Series here in Barboursville, WV (3 miles).  It was mild outside, 44°, but it was spritzing some rain and even some sleet.

Had my fastest run of the year. 24:54 - 8:26, 8:31, 7:56.

I was feeling really good today. The rest day yesterday did me good.  My Garmin measures the last mile at .98 but even then my pace would have been 8:04 over the last mile. But I am ignoring the Garmin and entering my race as a full 3 miles.  Times and places aren't posted yet but I know I wasn't in the top three of the 50-59 because they were giving out awards as you finished.

Race #201 (since I started keeping track in 1989) is in the books.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-17 2:54 PM
Wow!    Great job Dave!!!!!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-17 5:02 PM
More stats:
5 of 15 in the 50-59 age group
33 of 104 overall

Looking at my log, this was my fastest pace in a race of at least 3 miles since a 5k in Michigan in March 2015.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-17 6:47 PM
Congratulations!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-17 5:23 PM
I sent a Christmas gift box to the grandkids.  I used a lot of bubble wrap. My son-in-law laid out the bubble wrap through the house and 3-year old Riley hopped on it.  He posted a video of that and I shared it on Facebook. 

It cracks me up every time I watch it.  Not sure if Facebook links work or not but here it is:
https://www.facebook.com/mattgregory228/videos/10103166038461094/
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-17 7:14 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Squirrel-y Sunday! 12/17/17