Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday 12/7
- - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-07 6:48 AM
Good morning all

QOTD-Favorite Christmas movie?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-07 7:13 AM
Good morning and thanks for starting us off today!

Favorite Christmas Movie -- gosh, I like those oldies like "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and "Frosty the Snowman."

It has been raining for the past 24 hours, thankfully it's just like a drizzle unlike the rain that Harvey brought.  Supposed to end by noon, I hope so as my friends are coming and we would like to walk around town.

Have a good day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 1:21 PM
I hope the rain is done.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-07 1:45 PM
BTW, I made my snowball cookies this morning. Yum. But I'll be honest I can't wait until I get the ingredients to make these yummy ones.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-07 2:51 PM
you are a chocolate ho
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-07 3:59 PM
Yes I am but I still have not had any chocolate candy or candy in general since April
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-07 7:37 AM Edited 2017-12-07 7:41 AM
1 hour of weightlifting and then 6.24 mile run home from the gym

QOTD:
Die Hard
Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
White Christmas
Miracle on 34th Street
It's a Wonderful Life
plus all the cartoons: Grinch, Frosty, Rudolph, Year without Santa etc.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-07 7:42 AM
Guess you will be ready to wear those skimpy speedos come summer!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 1:23 PM
I've never seen Die Hard so I asked Lisa if it was a Christmas movie or you were making a joke.  "technically mom.....":laugh:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-07 1:55 PM
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 2:29 PM
ahh...thanks.  just sent the link to Lisa.  She will howl.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 8:43 AM
Hi kids.   I was at first going to answer the question just based on 'movies' and pick Holiday Inn.  The "Sisters" number with Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby is my favorite part.  But then I decide to include anything that is on at Christmas and I change my answer to Rudolph. 

We received our first snow last night and have a delightful 6 degrees with the windchill.  Visited with a neighbor while walking Misha and she said the only way she knew me was because of the dog.  She wasn't quite sure who was under all those layers!

Lisa takes the train back late morning.  Lee has the day off to drive her to the station.  Misha and Pierre are totally confused as to why all these people are around.  Me too, kind of.:wink:

Since this cold weather took me totally by surprise I'm going to do some youtube workout in the livingroom and save the run for tomorrow when it is supposed to be above freezing.  Yoga was great yesterday.:happy:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 1:22 PM
6 is my lucky number today:  I bagged 6 bags of leaves in 6 degrees.   And it even rhymes.:grin:  (last day for city pick up of yard waste or I would not have been out there)
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2017-12-07 2:46 PM
Oh come help me!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: I love Chris’ house but his yard is so huge. I have dumped 40 wheel barrels full of leaves this week. I’m so sick of leaves they is a neighbor who walks everyday and he always says they are never ending. So true!!! And Chris raked the roof so I had those. Meh!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 2:50 PM
we have city pick up if they are in cans or bags April thru the first weekend in December.   Raking them out into the street is a violation:shocker!:   Anyway, I've put out 6 cans every week since they started falling.  Going forward I'll have to put them in my regular garbage which is also a violation.  Please come visit me in jail.  I guess what I'm saying is I'd love to come help if I'm ever done with my own.:wink::happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-12-07 3:19 PM
Well here there is a grassy wooded area near the wetlands that we dump ours. The neighborhood does. Some people take them to the street I guess the town picks them up in certain days, but I’ve never figured out when.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-07 9:20 AM Edited 2017-12-07 9:22 AM
Still in recovery mode from my stressful, no sleep Tuesday night. I slept better last night and ran 4 miles this morning. I got up, worked for a bit, and then forced myself out the door. I am feeling the cold more this year. 27° is not bad but it took almost a mile to feel comfortable and my hands never did feel warm. I think I need a thick pair of mittens.

It was a hassle but I completed the full health challenge at work. One of 5 people to hit the gold level. One of the things I got was 100,000 points in something they call "Applause". It's supposed to boost employee moral. You can shop in the Applause catalog and buy all kinds of stuff.  I had some points in there already and combined with this windfall I decided to cash out.  I ordered 5 $100 Amazon gift cards. Better that then Waterford Crystal.  I can't decide whether to horde them or share them. :roll:  At the current moment I am thinking of sending out 4 of them (one to each daughter and son-in-law).  Then keep one for myself.  Not sure yet.  I don't know when I will actually receive them so there is time to think.

I have considered sending all 5 gift cards to the kid.  It would be fun to see what a 10 year old would do with $500 at Amazon. Plus, my daughter's reaction would be priceless too. :laugh:

Oh, favorite Christmas movie is the George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol". Second place goes to "Scrooged" with Bill Murray.

Edited to say... It was snowing during my run!  Very light, but it was really there.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-07 9:30 AM
Free money!  I used to love redeeming my points for Amazon gift cards.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2017-12-07 10:25 AM
I am not a Christmas person. The only Christmas movies that come to mind are Lethal Weapon and Die Hard...I do like the Grinch the cartoon one that is.

so this morning I did yoga with my favorite yoga teacher. She is so awesome. Just been wondering around wondering what to do...so I decided to check in then go for a walk on the trail at the end of the road.

Have a great day all!! Even you Rob :evil::happy::grin::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 1:20 PM
Yoga goodness.

I've decided what I like about yoga is that it feels amazing while you are doing the poses.  With running it never feels amazing until you are done.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2017-12-07 2:40 PM
Most days I would agree, however today was half moon pose which I suck at! Running can feel amazing while doing it but not always especially when you’re in the phase I’m in: pbbt: Yoga is amazing!! Especially with her. She is a traditional teacher we study the sutras and the poses. I always feel so balanced and at peace after practicing with her. Everyone in the class is an ethical vegan too. So we are a tight Spiritual group.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 4:02 PM
:happy::happy:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-07 2:51 PM
: pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-07 1:18 PM
It's A Wonderful Life, Christmas Story, Elf.   I like the others that Rob mentioned too.

Sunny and cold.  8 miles this morning. 

I have PTO meeting tonight at 6:00.  I will probably just stay at school and do work in my office until then.  Melissa and I ride together every day and I told her that I would just run home after the meeting since it is only 2.5 miles.  She insisted in picking me up because it will be dark.:laugh:  I run every weekday morning in the dark.  i'm probably still alive today because Melissa takes such good care of me.:hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-07 1:20 PM
:happy:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-07 2:19 PM
QOTD: Chevy Chase Christmas movie. Especially the part with the squirrel loose in the house :laugh:

Yesterday we had the grands and also had them overnight. The girl grand got sick so today we brought them home. We have done a bunch of errands and I’ve already exceeded my 10K steps. We still have to go to the PO and grocery store. I’ll get a run in tomorrow.

:grin:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-07 4:01 PM
At 2 different times my mom had both racoons and chipmonks in her house! It brings to mind the CCC movie :laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday 12/7