Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wishful thinking Wednesday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-06 6:28 AM
What are you wishing you can get done today?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-12-06 6:42 AM
Tonight is group run. I will try to find someone who wants to stretch it to at least 4 if not 5. We are running from a craft beer place. I would like to try the craft beers but I'm pretty sure even 5 miles would be negated by drinking craft beer during the week.: pbbt: I also have an early morning workout planned before work for tomorrow. I'm such a creature of habit. Maybe after I retire.:wtf:

I did 4 yesterday on the TM during a break from work.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-06 7:20 AM
True on the beers, but fun. Enjoy the run and beer.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-06 7:40 AM
Hope you get someone to do the extra. We are creatures of habit, but it is really because of all the space "work" and prep for it takes in our lives.
Great work on the 4 miler on the TM. :happy:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-12-06 8:00 AM
You could have a small beer like 6 oz and enjoy the taste but not pile on the calories
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-06 7:23 AM
8 miles on TM with 1K intervals at 5K pace. Wishing it wasn't so cold and we still had clear paths so I could run outside.
Planning an easy 6 after work so maybe I'll get outside for that. Need to get in a strength workout today too.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-06 7:42 AM
8 miler on the TM is grounds for either sainthood or insanity. :laugh: Great work on it!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-06 8:56 AM
Netflix helps! I catch up on lots of TV over winter.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-12-06 8:03 AM
Wishing the cold weather had decided to come a bit earlier to Florida than Friday...I leave Sunday for a week boo. Wishing there is no snow in Boston, I can handle the cold for running but not ice or snow. Really the one week of decent cold weather we get in FL and I'm going north..(by cold I mean lows in the 40s) : pbbt:

I ran 3 with my friend today then G and I ran to school (and back) so 5 total. G is so cool he sets his alarm to get up when he wants to run to school. We both still look like toads stuck in mud.

I found a Groupon for a 5K on Jan 7th (New Year New You) and it was $14 for BOTH me and G! How awesome is that? So trying to keep him motivated after our first one in December.  At the normal $30 a pop cost I think we will be running whatever races Groupon has on sale for now.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-06 8:58 AM
Great price on the 5K!
:laugh: Cold of 40s, I wish. 20s for high here today.:meh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-06 1:21 PM
I remember that...thinking I'd have liked to run more races with my kids but at $30-$35 each that's a sizeable chunk of change for a 5K morning.

Score on the Groupon!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-12-06 8:50 AM
Wishing I could take a nap, or just go back to bed.  Sinuses are trying real hard to get infected.  Usually it's a swift "I feel sorta yucky" to knocked on my butt sick.  This time it's taking it's sweet old time, so maybe I'll fight it off?
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-06 9:00 AM
Hope you can stay healthy! (Not medical advice) mucinex the plain one every 12 hours and 800mg ibuprofen every 8 hours to help the sinus crud and you should be better. Can you tell this is 90% of my clinic lately?
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-12-06 9:50 AM
and neti pot to flush and if you can get some liquid nose stuff (I have same stuff as what is in flonase) to add to the pot that really helps.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-06 10:07 AM
Yes to both of those too!
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-12-06 1:30 PM
I'm wishing to (a) start my essay and (b) do my physio exercises.

I was on site last week so no pilates, massage or physio...and very little home exercises, partly due to laziness, partly due to it being really f'ing cold to lie on the floor and my excuse is that cold is the absolute worst for my piriformis :blush: This week so far I did pilates on Saturday & last night, massage on Sunday, and physio on Monday. But the temperature dropped significantly yesterday so I may as well have replaced my piriformis with a piece of rebar :mutmad: and the pain was bad.  It's a little better so far today...says she sitting on her heat pad :hug: but it's really objecting to being in the car driving which is a concern.

But. Last Tuesday there was an entire 5 mins where I had no pain at all. I don't recall the last time that happened. And Saturday I was able to curl my toes, also for the first time since August. So there is progress it's just interspersed with frustrating amounts of pain.

I also saw a different naturopath on Monday who wasn't a total kook. Seems my thyroid medication dosage is now too high so I'm hyper instead of hypo - but since I don't seem to get any of the correct symptoms (rapid weight loss my ass :mutmad:) she wants to check it a lot more often than I have been, not least since my bp went up which is a hyper symptom but invisible. We're also looking to see what might be causing weight gain since clearly I can't blame my thyroid at the moment:roll:
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-06 1:21 PM
Wishing I could magically stop the fires. Four big ones burning now.

I did get 3 done this morning (not too much smoke where I live) and might get to the gym before an afternoon meeting.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wishful thinking Wednesday (Dailies)