Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tap dancing Tuesday NRR
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-05 12:18 PM
What makes you want to tap dance today?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-05 12:20 PM
Today is my dad's 76th birthday.  We have a family joke about how he eats donuts and ice cream for breakfast on his birthday- it dates back to when we were young, and you got to choose your birthday breakfast, and so he "choose" that one year.  So my brother and I showed up at his house at 7:30 this morning with a half dozen donuts and a pint of Cherry Garcia.  He was pleased and surprised. But that is WAY too much sugar that early in the morning!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-05 12:24 PM
That is a lot of sugar! Happy birthday to your dad :happy:
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-12-05 4:01 PM
I think that is a great tradition!  I wish him way too much sugar on many, many December 5ths to come.  :grin:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-05 5:59 PM
:hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-05 8:43 PM
That’s sweet
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-06 3:28 AM
Congrats to your dad! :grin: My mom used to do that too, we would get anything we wanted for our birthday breakfast. You know what we used to ask for a lot? Corn on the cob. :laugh: It was very expensive here at the time so it was a special treat.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-05 12:23 PM
Tap dancing might help me stay warm! Freezing today, wearing a jacket and have space heater in my office. In true MN weather it was 60 yesterday, I ran in shorts, then it started snowing last night and wind chill was -1 on my way to work. Snowy, icy roads made for long commute.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-05 1:57 PM
My MIL. Typically my MIL doesn't wish to speak to me at all. This does not bother me AT ALL. Yesterday she called and I answered it because I figured she wanted to talk to J. But no she wanted to talk to me. She was ordering stuff for the kids from Amazon and she was at the check out and it was asking her if she wanted to save 20% by getting an Amazon credit card. She wanted to know if she should get the card. Also over the weekend she told me she had never seen our outside x-mas lights before that she could recall. Now we have lived here since 2001. She has been coming here for that entire time. She has been here at night. I KNOW she has seen the lights. And this woman lives alone :wtf: I am utterly baffled and I understand why J has to be so freaking involved but holyhell GROW UP and PAY ATTENTION.
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-12-05 3:10 PM
Have you considered that she has undiagnosed dementia or alzheimers?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-12-05 3:25 PM
I have no clue and that's not something I can ask (I try my damndest to stay OUT of her medical issues). She's constantly going to one dr or another actually but not for shit that actually matters unless she is forced to. That said, I'm pretty sure this is JUST her because after 40+ yrs of having J's dad control/do everything she still can't do anything for herself and she's the most unobservant person I've ever met for things that don't directly affect her. I should add that neither of those things run in her family.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-05 4:31 PM
Sounds like FIL, MIL controlled everything until she died, FIL can't do simple things without having at ask. Now SIL has taken over as the controller.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-12-05 4:07 PM
I don't know what emotions would make me want to tap dance.  Inebriation comes to mind, but I'm more of a sleepy drunk.

I left work early today and spent a productive afternoon grading project summaries.  Tonight the hound and I go to agility class.  So far we are having a blast, although I am usually confused for some part of it.  Give the dog a treat...wait, forgot the bridge word...oops, used the wrong hand to signal...don't hold treats in your hand...don't feed from the same hand you signaled...look the over the other shoulder...forgot the bridge word again....   :laugh:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-05 5:36 PM
This makes me think that the class is much harder for the owner of the dog than the dog. :laugh:
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-12-05 7:16 PM
Totally way harder for me.  Scout has to make a few turns and eat snacks.  Big deal, I could do that.  I, on the other hand, have to get her to turn and reward her at the correct second AND be enthusiastic.  No one gives me any snacks!  :cry:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-05 7:37 PM
And you probably dont' want to accidentally eat her snacks. : pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-05 9:52 PM
Scout almost certainly will not bring snacks for you...but you could bring your own snacks!
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-06 3:30 AM
I learned tap dancing as a kid in the US and I used to tap dance while I was waiting for buses to keep my feet warm. Worked great! And I still remember that dance.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tap dancing Tuesday NRR