Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-12-04 7:05 AM
Here's hoping we all can smoothly sail through our Monday. :happy:
Post.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-04 7:11 AM
Friday I started out with 15 minutes of yoga work before breakfast. I make sure to do the down on the floor asanas before food. After eating, I did a 35 minute run down in the park before going to a 30 minute fast leaf rake at DC’s place. In the evening I did 15 more minutes of yoga. I also did a few upper body weights before bed.
Saturday was SDO for running and a trip to a favorite book store. Yoga for 25 minutes and weights started.
Sunday turned out to be a very enjoyable 50 minute run in the park and partly out the trail. I’m still being cautious because of the deer. Just a smattering of yoga fitted in.
Today I want to do a similar run to yesterday’s and add in lots of yoga. I’m starting my beef vegetable soup this morning. I'd better do the weights as well. I'm sort of sneaking into it. :laugh:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:50 AM
Oh our supermoon was so pretty this morning! Ran 4 with my friend so nice to run again after being sick. Gym class at lunch.
I took a z-pack for my bronchitis the week before I swear it made my face break out so bad I had to go see my dermatologist today. He gave me some cream yay. Does this happen to anyone else? He didn't think it was the zpack but nothing like this has ever happened before, small round pimples all over nose and chin.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-04 1:54 PM
Glad you got to see the moon.  What makes it "super"?  People have been talking about it, but I'm not sure I understand.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-12-04 2:22 PM
It comes closest to earth I guess it has a bit of an elliptical orbit and it is full. This was the "Cold Moon" There is another one in January.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-04 5:24 PM
That makes sense.  We are also having a "King tide" here which is related.  I think it was +12 this morning for high tide!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-04 4:55 PM
Glad you enjoyed the supermoon.  Great work on the 4 miler! :grin:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-04 10:25 AM
I did a yoga class today that focused on glutes. Boy did it kick my butt!:wink: Felt great as well.  I'll have to do that one again some time, as it was very very hard by the end. I'd like to work into it a bit more.

Synchro yesterday. The pool was glorious, with 39* air and nicely heated pool.  Us beginners did the warm up with the veterans and boy did it kick my butt. Then we broke off into separate groups, and us beginners worked on beginning stuff. It is a major shoulder workout, and I was exhausted when I got home. MCF had 10 people over for brunch, and I went straight into that. After they left and we cleaned up, I crashed out for a nap!

My bro and SIL took the whole family out to Teatro Zanzini last night. It is a dinner theater circus. So much fun!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-04 4:48 PM
Is the synchro working out for the class?  Is it hard to see what everybody is doing so everyone would be doing things together?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-04 5:23 PM
getting synchronized is one of the hardest things, especially without someone counting or without music.  We use an underwater speaker system so you can hear both above and below water to keep together.  And we wear goggle, although the kids teams don't they just open their eyes in the chlorine.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-05 7:21 AM
How interesting! I can recall the synchronized swimming that was popular umpteen years ago in movies.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-12-04 12:19 PM
I think today is an SDO from running.  Thought about it, but my legs are sore from my 25 miles last week (a lot a lot a lot for me right now!), so taking it easy.  I will do some prenatal yoga later.  I'm also really tired because P was up from 12:00-3:00 last night (this morning).  Yup. :cry:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-12-04 4:41 PM
Always good to listen to your body. :hug:
Yes. The little ones can be very perverse.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-04 5:27 PM
Little ratbag keeping Mommy up.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-04 12:53 PM
Very windy, dry, and not too warm this week. I think I'm going to be going out eastbound most days so I can return with the wind behind me!

3.2 this morning. I went out with RN, she wanted to do a bit more (and go faster) so she went on to the 2 mile turnaround, I turned back at 1.6, and we finished almost the same time.

Arms are still sore but we are so glad the driveway is patched.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-12-04 4:38 PM
Doing that driveway was cross training! great workouts. :grin: I am still amazed at you all doing that driveway work. :happy:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-04 9:46 PM
Right after we moved to this country my parents bought a new house in a rather isolated, hilly tract, and there was no landscaping whatsoever. So my dad and the next door neighbor split the cost of a little cement mixer and they both learned to do concrete and masonry, with the wives and 4 kids (between them) as helpers. One kid filling buckets with gravel, one filling with sand, one filling with water, and my mum on cement powder. Cement came in paper sacks, sand and gravel were delivered by the building supply store which would deposit a pile of each on the driveway on Friday night for the weekend's project. We all got good at helping do the concrete work, though I've lost a lot of the skill since. Our most vivid memories are of my dad leaping from the couch or dinner table on Friday evening and dashing outside with a roar of fury as a neighborhood cat vacated the sand pile indignantly. Ten minutes later Daddy would be back inside and the cat would sneak back to finish its business. Let's just say that some of the lumps in that concrete weren't gravel.

I looked at some tutorials online and figured we could do this, though DSBF was a great help because he knows how to pour concrete also. His grandfather taught him well.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Monday dailies