Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Super Moon Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 7:05 AM
The moon has been pretty cool the past couple of nights.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 7:14 AM
--I’m up early. My 9 a.m. 83 year old man comes in this morning and he’s usually about 30 minutes early. : pbbt:

--Iced my thumb last night and then it got locked in a straight position. It’s finally moving this morning but not without a ridiculous amount of pain. Work is going to be all kinds of fun this week. :meh:

--Last of my Christmas presents should arrive today. I have that one and the one that came Saturday to wrap and I’m done. I wrapped the others this weekend. :cool:

--I have 5 gallons of beans sorted  and that does not count the 10 lbs. I put in festive Christmas bags with ribbon and tags that I’m giving to family members. I probably have about 3 more gallon to sort. :blush:

--There is a coyote hanging out in the bottom land down by the woods. Sarge saw him first yesterday morning and started barking.

--Gave Meadow a bath yesterday. She was thrilled. Then later I let her lick the apple muffin bowl out and now she has apple muffin head. :roll::laugh:

--I put up all 11 of the lighted Christmas villages. :happy: I set them on the edge of the loft area so we can see them from our “living room”. We also have a couple strands of Christmas lights, two little Christmas trees (my grandma’s porcelain one and Iowa’s hardware store find) and two Christmas stockings. This is about the most decorating I’ve ever done.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-04 7:22 AM
Can I come shoot the coyote?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:23 AM
Sure.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 7:38 AM
Nice job on the wrapping. I usually have presents wrapped when the tree goes up but I figure B will just try to get into them so I haven't bothered.

We have coyotes around too, I hate when they all start yipping and it wakes you up
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-04 7:49 AM
Your thumb sounds horrible. :sad: When is your appointment?

I bet your home is so Christmasy! Sounds awesome.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:25 AM
My appointment for the nerve test is Wednesday. I don’t have one set up with the hand surgeon yet. I have to get the referral from the neurologist. :meh: I can’t wait a month. I know that.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-04 7:21 AM
~Last time I saw something that Fat, White and High it was Rush Limbaugh bwahahahahahaha

~XC kids and their families (and our family) wrapped over 100 presents in 90 minutes last night! And plowed through 6 pizzas

~Today is Saint Barbara's Day: if a girl places a twig from a cherry tree in water today and it blooms by Christmas Eve, she will marry in the next year.

It's also #NationalCookieDay so if she doesn't find a boy she can plow through a whole bag of Oreos!

~Anybody actually understand Bitcoin?
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 7:40 AM
I will opt for the national cookie day, that sounds pretty awesome.

I get the gist of bitcoin although I don't really "get" it. It is weird it has been showing up in different TV sitcoms recently though.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:18 AM
We bought 3 packages of cookies for the wrapping party last night.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-04 7:51 AM
Saint Barbara's Day - never heard that one. Is there a large Catholic presence in your town?

National Cookie Day! YAY!:cool::cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:16 AM
seems to be.....but maybe that's just my circle...
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:27 AM
That has to be the best thing I’ve heard in a long time. Rush Limbaugh. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 7:44 AM
Weekend was nice, the weather was really nice, super sunny which made high 40s/50s bearable

Celebrated my mom's birthday on Saturday and B had a lot of fun there. Usually he is shy and clingy but I think because he just saw them the week before he was great.

Then I skyped with my Grandma yesterday for her 90th birthday. She was headed out to play golf with friends shortly after. I want to be her when I grow up.

Work is about to get a whole lot busier as on Friday clients started receiving letters from the IRS saying they owe hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is part of the IRS finally enforcing the requirement for companies to offer affordable health insurance to full-time employees. I'm the only one in my office who really understands it so I'm going to have to deal with all of these panicked employers and help them figure it out. In most cases they won't actually owe the penalties, or at least nothing substantial, but they will have to respond and fix their reporting that likely caused the problem in the first place.

B pretty much refuses to use a sippy cup. He's supposed to be transitioning to real food and no more bottles but a bottle is the only way he's going to get any liquid as he has 0 interest in a cup. And I've tried 5-6 kinds already.

He also got his first black eye this weekend. He was playing with a giant dump truck on Friday and when he pushed on the back, the part that you would put stuff in flew up and hit him while he fell. Poor baby.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-04 7:53 AM
90 years and still playing golf:shocker!:

Baby black eyes:cry: Poor thing:hug:  Good luck! I think Tj had two black eyes for his first Christmas and one black eye for his second. :laugh: And a bump over his right eye forever.....
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:30 AM
So you’re going to have that kid starting Kindergarten who is still using a sippy cup. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 8:36 AM
oh no, I will have the kid starting kindergarten still using a bottle :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-04 9:18 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 9:25 AM
:laugh::cry:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-04 9:18 AM
first of MANY black eyes :wink:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-12-04 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure all my boys had dump truck injuries at some point.  :laugh:  They loved to push them but the whole back flipping down would always make them lose balance and there would be some sort of fall/collision with truck. 

My favorite dump truck memories though are them collecting diapers from the dryer in the dump truck beds and driving them to the living room for me to fold.  :laugh::hug: #supernostalgicnow
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 11:15 AM
That is exactly what happened for him - he fell twice before but third time was the charm.

And that is hilarious about them driving the diapers to you
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:09 AM
The moon was awesome this morning! Very special:cool:

This weekend I got most of my Christmas shopping done.....aka my photobooks. My BFF sent me a coupon for 75% at Walgreens. So, I spent most of Friday night and about 6 hours Saturday doing three photobooks. One for Rip, one for TJ, and a suprise Disney book for the kids, Q and I and Jr. :grin: The two kids books Q will pay half of that cost so that will mean I only spent $100 on them. :cool:

Spent more hours Saturday on making my holiday jerseys for our soccer toy tournament. We won 2/3 games and came in Second place (not that awards were given or anything). This is first and foremost a toy drive (and here play some soccer while you donate). :laugh: The refs were dressed as Santas.

My foot made it through the tournament. Sore, but not any more sore than post-soccer PF sore. And not much sore than post-injury regular shoes sore. So I'm happy. Going to give my foot another week of break. I'm going to try the elliptical in the meantime.

Bought Elf on the Shelf:roll::roll: yeah yeah.....starting it tonight.

When we get paid this weekend it will be down to Christmas time here. Will get the tree and decorate the house. :cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:18 AM
didn't get to see the moon it was cloudy :sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:31 AM
You did your photobooks thru Walgreens?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:52 AM
Yup. Same book size, different exterior than the current ones. It went well. And can't beat 75% off. PLUS Supposedly they were ready in 24 hours for pick up at my Walgreens but I haven't gone in yet.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 8:46 AM
The tourney sounds like fun and even better that there was also a donation aspect to it

I am debating Elf on the Shelf. I think it is cute but then I think I would dread the moving around part or not being creative.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-04 8:53 AM
We were given an Elf on the Shelf when Rip was born and I sold it at the sale:blush: I'm too lazy for this kind of crap.

But they really want one and I'm hoping it will be just a little bit more magic before my Ms. Realism Ripley loses her christmas spark and admits Santa is the biggest lie.:shocker!::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 11:16 AM
I think my niece is on the last breath of believing. She's been skeptical and this year I asked if she was going to see Santa and she said no and she wasn't writing him a letter. But also didn't say he wasn't real.
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-04 12:52 PM
You just reminded me, I need to get our elf out!

Yeah, my kids are 16 and 17:roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 12:52 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-04 1:23 PM
Great! Leave ideas!
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-12-04 4:51 PM
Actually, a few years ago I got "her" out and told the girls that they should hide her!  That didn't last long. :roll:

One year I strung a piece of string from the top of the blinds to one of the branches of the tree (our tree is near a window) and had the elf zip lining down to the tree.  I couldn't make her stay in the middle of the string, even with tape, so I just let her crash into the tree, then left her there and pulled a few ornaments off and put them on the floor so that it looked like the crash knocked them off.  :laugh:

I had her kidnap Steph's favorite lamb that she slept with (Flowie), and put the elf and lamb in the hall.  BAD IDEA!!!  Steph was furious that the elf would take Flowie, and we heard about it for at least a week afterward. :shocker!::roll:

Elves love crackers, so put yours somewhere holding one, and crush up one around it.

I took a black Sharpie and drew some Minion eyes, glasses, shirts on the fronts of a bunch of bananas, then positioned the elf next to them holding the Sharpie (have to credit Pinterest with that one).

Most nights, dh and I would go to bed, cuss about forgetting to move the elf, then argue about who was going to get up and move her.  :cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-05 7:26 AM
those are cute ideas!  I've seen people link to Pinterest pages with lots of ideas. I have some creative friends but half the time I think gosh that just looks like a mess
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-12-05 7:26 AM
I love your ideas! We got ours last night and he started on the fireplace. This morning he was sticking out of Tj's shoe in his closet. It took them forever to find him. They kept saying he left them.:shocker!: I just said maybe he was running late, then Rip saw him.:roll: I wanna do something more dramatic tonight. :mischief:

Totally stealing the minion idea!:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Super Moon Monday RTTs