Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 04 Dec 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-04 6:31 AM
Google tells me that today is National Cookie Day!   So tell us what is your favorite cookie?

Post away...
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-12-04 7:59 AM
good morning. 10.21 miles this morning.

not a big cookie eater. but i do like homemade chocolate chips cookies. and those girl scout samoas
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-04 9:48 AM
You could almost qualify to run for Congress...."In the past he had this thing with a little Girl Scout somoa".
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-05 6:57 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-12-04 9:43 AM
Good morning masters.  But staying up late to watch Eagles lose was not so good. 

"Race Report -- Reindeer Romp 5k

This is my all time favorite "race".  Friday night 7 Pm in downtown Newark going through campus on the to the trail where I frequently train.  1600 runners-walkers. Perfect weather.  Lots of Santas, reindeer, elves and what not. Over a dozen friends from my church.   I wore my Santa fleece and Santa hat.  One pocket full of scratch off lottery tickets, one full of coal.  I stop and ho ho ho some of the road guides, Santa is checking his list naughty or nice.  A lot of naughty co-eds on campus:evil:.  Way too much fun.  Had my picture taken many times, and took a few during the race.   It was actually the best running I've done in ages. I ran the whole way.  Even with all of the stops I was able to better my time from last month!  Hopefully you saw some of the Romp pics on FB. 

I now return to mundane Monday doings, like leaves.  Man are they late this year.

Oh cookies.   My BIG downfall at Christmas when I go to an open house and there is plate of Chocolate chip or oatmeal or anything.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-04 1:29 PM
Nice race report and glad you had a good run.  That sounds like a really good turnout for a Friday evening.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-04 3:18 PM
:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-04 9:58 AM
Just returned from my approximately 3.5 mile PW.  My Garmin froze, so I tried using my Iphone and it somehow paused after mile 1.  Dilly dilly!

Now I need to finish decorating.

I love cookies of any kind especially if they have nuts, chocolate, and caramel. 

Have a good day one and all!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-04 10:20 AM
Thumbprint cookies are my favorite today.  I might tell you something different tomorrow.

Playing the waiting game.  The contractor that was to start on Nov 1st said he'd start today.  He is installing an exterior door and it is 60* right now.  Tomorrow we won't be out of the 20's.   I sure hope he show's up today; don't want the door open all day tomorrow:shocker!:

Lisa is taking the train from Michigan today as well.  So I'm waiting on her....

And in Kitty Love news:  Anyone want a beagle?   Animal control took 15 away from one owner.  County code is 4 dogs max and they had 19:shocker!:  We took 12 from the county into our shelter.  Surprisingly they look happy, healthy, and appear to have been well cared for.  But can you imagine the poop of 19 dogs?  I have trouble keeping up with one!

It is looking like a rest day today.  Who wouldn't want to blow off a 60 degree day in favor of a 20?:laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-04 11:32 AM
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-12-04 1:32 PM
Started my Monday with an 8 miler on my regular route.  Thin clouds obscured the moon but it was still brighter than normal. 

Homemade oatmeal raisin and no-bakes are my favorite cookies.  They're really the only cookie I ever eat and I don't get them much.
Now that I know it is National Cookie Day I should make some tonight to celebrate!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 04 Dec 2017