Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend rr/nrr
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-02 3:05 PM
Where is everyone?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-12-02 3:07 PM
30 min in Sound. This was the first water is warmer than air swim.  Water around 50, air 45 and raining. I don't love swimming in the rain, because you get wet!:wink:

One of my synchro friends came for her first cold swim.  She stayed in about 10 min, but had fun and said she'll come back! I'm proud of her for trying it!

Due to the short swim I came home and did a short trx workout and had some quality time with the foam roller.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-12-02 4:36 PM
brrrr!  Good on your friend for trying it out.

yeah, it must be terrible to get wet when you swim :wink:
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-03 3:21 AM
Good for you and great that your friend was willing to try! I went swimming too yesterday but in warmer water at the swimming pool. :wink: So great to get outside for a bit and get some exercise and then sitting in the hot pot for a while and do some poeple-watching. It's one of our favorite weekend activities.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-12-02 3:57 PM
I have completed all of my grading.  This beautiful state will last until 1 pm. Monday.  : pbbt:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-12-02 4:35 PM
:grin::laugh: enjoy while it lasts!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-12-02 4:38 PM
5 lovely miles! This week has been beautiful for running.  I've run 21.1 miles in 4 runs so far! :cool: Planning to run 6-7 tomorrow, depending on how I feel.  That will be my biggest weekly total in some time. Also got some work done this afternoon.  Took P to "gymnastics" (i.e. rolling around on mats) this morning, then she and I went for a walk before her nap.  DH has been on P duty from nap though dinner, hence getting to run and get work done.  Now we're about to go out to get burgers at a gastropub nearby. P still manages to do pretty well at restaurants, but I know that won't last much longer!
Parent - - By Gunna Date 2017-12-03 3:43 AM
Sitting on the sofa, sipping coffee and looking forward to our Icelandic version of Thanksgiving today. :grin: It will be a my brother's house and he's arriving from LA this morning. :shocker!: Don't know how he does this flying back and forward, he was just in Australia too. Looking forward to getting together with my family.

In other news, we have a brand new prime minister, Katrín Jakobsdóttir, our second female one. She is young and brilliant and one of the few politicians i think you can actually trust. The downside is she has formed a coalition with the party who was just ousted after a scandal. I just hope she can keep them in check. The last couple of winters I've been taking a course she teaches on the latest icelandic novels each year (she has a degree in literature) and I'm guessing she won't be teaching it this year. :wink: If she governs as well as she teaches, we're in good hands. We'll see. At least this coalition has very ambitious plans for environmental issues which I like. We have so much clean energy so we should be doing much better than we are now.

We've also been having a #metoo revolution like many other countries. We're doing it a bit differently, the stories are coming out anonymously so nobody is getting ousted. But the stories are awful, especially from the entertainment industry. I'm so glad to see this happening after everything I've seen and heard and experienced through the years. (Nothing serious has happened to me but bad enough).
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-12-03 9:06 AM
wow, your new prime minister sounds great!! Hoping for good things for Iceland. :grin:
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-04 3:58 AM
Thanks!
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-03 8:58 PM
Have fun with your brother. Hope the new prime minister is good for Iceland.
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-04 3:59 AM
We did have fun. :cool: The youngest kids had us laughing the whole time.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-12-04 7:47 AM
Why is it all being done anonymously?
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-05 6:51 AM
Good question, there has been some controversy over that. Women in different sectors, i.e. politics and entertainment, have told their stories in closed Facebook groups. Then many of the stories have been made public without the names of either party. The woman who started the first group wanted the focus to be on the harassment itself, on not on the perpatrators. The others have followed suit. That's the reason I've heard, there might be others. One is that we are a tiny, tiny country where everybody knows each other. Some names have leaked out though, but suprisingly few. Those who did, did not surprise me. :mutmad:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-04 12:51 PM
Was this course online or live? Glad you can trust your prime minister. (Wish we could say that...)
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-05 6:55 AM
It was live. :cool: She was so well prepared and interesting and funny. Yes, I trust her, but not the other parties she's working with. They have been in power a lot, like before the crash, and they will do anything to hold on to it. But we'll see, hopefully she can still manage to get some important issues through although there probably will a lot of compromises, these parties are so different.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-12-03 12:28 PM
4 miles and 20 min prenatal yoga. 25 miles this week for the first time in I don't even know how long.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2017-12-03 3:43 PM
Hi! {waves}  I'm still in NC and am at a place with free WIFI right now, but otherwise don't have much internet access.  I'm supposed to get together with happysnappy this evening. :grin:

I've been running regularly and had a nice (but hilly!) 15.6-mile run this morning.
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-12-03 4:12 PM
9 yesterday.  My usually peaceful route around the island was annoying loud because of helicopters circling overhead because...president... :roll:: pbbt:

My legs were still itching this morning so ran a 5K hard.  Now I am properly tired out. :blush:

Boog is happily going NUTS decorating the apartment.  We don't usually get a tree this early and she is positively gleeful.   She has absconded with the lights, though, to decorate her room.  Our cat is much amused.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-12-03 8:55 PM
Busy weekend! I have worked every day since Monday (and work until Thursday), shouldn't complain since I picked up some extra hours.
1 hour on bike yesterday after work then ugly sweater party with friends.
15 mile run this morning then work. Now finally relaxing.
NRR O had a crazy Saturday night. Was running around with a bunch of kids she fell and a friend fell on her head, a little later was getting things out of a cupboard and hit her head with a cut on her forehead. Had a headache when we got home so she slept in my bed (DH got the guest room), she managed to fall out of bed at 2am (first time she's ever fallen out of bed!) hit her head on the wood frame. Acting completely normal today but poor kid looks like she was in a fight. :shocker!: let's hope tonight is less adventurous!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-12-04 6:30 AM
omg poor O!  That's a lot of head bumping! :hug:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-12-02 10:49 PM
13 this morning with RN. New route for her, new variation for me -- we went through a thinly populated residential area and into the open space area to the south. Long trek on fire road which we thought should eventually come out on a road. It didn't. We made our own path to the road rather than go all the way back, which involved a scramble on our butts down a very steep hill and some traversing of a network of drainage ditches. We made it!

And the afternoon was taken up patching the driveway. I haven't done concrete work in a long time. Fortunately DSBF's grandfather taught him how to do it, so we mixed, poured, tamped, mixed, poured, tamped, and eventually had a much smoother driveway than we'd started with. Still need to do some touch ups (tomorrow) but we may actually be able to drive in and out without scraping the undercarriage of every car.
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-12-03 3:45 AM
Sounds like you had an interesting trek! Congrats on the driveway. :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend rr/nrr