Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Weekendly - where is everyone?
- - By indie [us] Date 2017-12-02 8:19 AM
Was the last daily actually in October? :O Okay I am guilty too of not peeking in here as much.

What is everyone been up to?
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-12-02 8:27 AM
I was busy the last few weeks, my parents were here, then my sister flew in, had a cousin visiting for Thanksgiving. My parents flew back last week and got home safe, which was a huge relief. I was worried about my Dad, but he seems to have done fine and is still okay now a couple of days after the flight. I am still waiting on his insurance which has been frustrating and one day post a message from their FB page and someone actually reached out to me and now things seem to be moving a bit. Don't even get me started on medical costs, it is truly insane. I think the battle over ACA, we have failed to focus on costs and just focused on insurance. I have so many different bills, it's a reminder that our healthcare system is a complete shitshow that's hidden from many of us till we get really sick.

Running has been very limited. a good week was getting in 10-12 miles. Hopefully get back into it. The weather has been really nice lately.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-12-02 8:52 AM
Costs are crazy, and it never gets addressed. Glad my plan has max out of pocket per year and I know how that all works, but never had anything serious enough to look up lifetime limits. But hospital billing in general is crazy. I had an issue last January, ER visit, thought it was all taken care of billing wise in March, but then surprise I was billed again in October for co-pay, due to some rebilling by the ER. It all panned out when I checked my payer's claim records but I had a surprise bill 9 months after treatment.
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-12-02 10:24 AM
I am constantly surprised at the bills i get from seemingly random places. Like why is the ER cost not included in the hospital costs, it was the same place. Or the costs for the person who puts in the IV or does blood work. The doctors charge separately. It's ridiculous. Work was super busy and chasing this down has just been really painful.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-12-05 3:33 PM
seriously concerned about the aetna/cvs thing. it's insane.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-12-11 6:58 AM
I'm interested in this for obvious reasons as well especially since CVS uses Aetna as their insurance provider. The merge with Caremark was a ugh as well. I won't even go into the run around I've been having with all of them over my asthma meds for the last 4 weeks, resulting in me not HAVING a daily med for a good week of it and more than a week on a med that actually doesn't work for me but I had to "try" anyway. :mutmad:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-12-02 8:47 AM
Pssst... there is a unified daily over in L&O. Good idea by Tessa/Arimathea to blend us all and there has been good interaction. So look there for spin, blazer, ed, nooner, and the usual folks from marathons.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-12-02 10:25 AM
Ooooh okay. Thanks!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-02 6:30 PM
I'm just a lurker, (not a creepy one though :laugh: ) and I miss you guys over here! :cry::laugh:
Parent - - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-12-03 2:40 PM
I miss us over here, too. :blush:

I ran 6 miles yesterday. I’m getting back into the swing of things post-baby, who is now 12 weeks old :shocker!: With her feeding schedule, it’s hard for me to get out. When I get a free minute, I just want to collapse on the couch. I go back to work in January, so I really need to work on getting my act together in the next four weeks.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-12-03 8:02 PM
Hang in there! Don't be afraid to collapse on the couch.....you have the rest of your life to run!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-12-05 3:32 PM
:hug: hi!
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-12-10 5:00 PM
I miss us over here too. :cry:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Weekendly - where is everyone?