Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday - 12/2
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-02 5:31 AM
Mornin' folks. What's up?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-12-02 5:38 AM
Business is up.
401k balances are up.

I'm up.

And I've been out for a 4 mile run. I ran the narrow streets of Barboursville with my reflective vest and head lamp. I only feel safe running these streets early on a weekend morning. I have seen people on them during the day but it's tough because there is no room to get out of the way if you have to.

Saw a couple of my 80+ year old neighbors on the way out. They're on their way to Florida for the winter. It's kind of scary to see them driving. The woman can't see very good and the man sleeps a lot.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-02 7:02 AM
I woke up at 6:00 and need to be at the church by 9:00.  We are having a Holy Spirit retreat day for the Alpha course and we are helping with breakfast and lunch.

Our Christmas parade is this evening and we plan to attend.  It is a beautiful day for an evening parade.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-12-02 7:45 AM Edited 2017-12-02 7:51 AM
We went to a "White Elephant Pink Squirrel" party last night with about 30 friends from my high school days.  White elephant gifts accompanied by pink squirrel drinks (some concoction of pink ice cream and amaretto:shocker!:)   A fun night for sure, but I am missing a few hours of sleep today.

Perfect day for a run; sunny and 20* heading to sunny and 50*.  I think I'll bundle and hike with the dog first and run with the warmth later.  Have a good Saturday Masters.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-12-02 10:59 AM
Sounds like fun!
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-12-02 3:33 PM
For as long as I lived in Maine before and now moving back I think I will never get used to it being dark at 4:15 pm. In Kentucky I lived far enough west of the Eastern Time zone and pretty close to the Central Time zone to enjoy a light sky until 5:30 pm or so. Of course my kids went to school in the dark :laugh: but I still enjoyed more light, even if it was only an hour more.

As is usual since I worked last night and work again tonight I won’t get a run in. I almost always get my 10K+ steps in so l might be up for the step challenge :laugh:

One more class and one more final and this semester is over.

:grin:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-12-04 3:43 AM
Good thing you don't live in my new homeland!
Sunrise is about 10:30 am, sunset is 2:50 pm. :shocker!::laugh::hug: It will get shorter before it starts improving in January. Slightly. :wink:

I love it here though, so it's all good. :hug:

YAYAYAY for almost being done with the semester!

I'm going to go for the step challenge too, I think... though no promises when it's -25 :wink:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday - 12/2