Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...
- - By IB [us] Date 2017-11-30 3:25 PM
If you're racing this weekend or during the coming week, let everyone know about it!

Race name / distance

Date

Goals
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-11-30 7:14 PM Edited 2017-11-30 7:17 PM
I'll start!

Midway Shelter Run / 5K

Bay Farm Island in Alameda, CA

12/2/17

Support a very important cause. My legs are thrashed right now & I'll be lucky to break 22 minutes. Currently I'm bordering on PW 5K times.

--  -  --  -  --  -  --  -

ETA: Whoa! There's a photo of me from last year on the slideshow at the website.
Parent - - By IB [us] Date 2017-12-07 11:51 PM
We can use this one again.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-12-08 12:42 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-12-08 5:40 PM
Hah I completely missed this last weekend and replied to your original post not realizing it was a week late but which I'm moving here:

I watched the slideshow and saw you!:cool: That's a very cool pic showing the intensity as befits a 5K and your race. :cool: Out of curiosity, is your hair in colors again now? That might be the first time I've seen you in person or pics where it wasn't.

Anyhow, very cool and great cause and great running to you! :hug: Run hard and fast and don't worry about placing, PW and such. :wink:

I now have seen how you did and congratulations on a great race! Your legs must not have been as thrashed as you thought. :grin:
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-12-08 8:44 PM
Turns out the photo was actually from two years ago. I do have color in both the hair on my head and under my chin right now. I've been going through phases (some rather long ones) where I don't do any.

Thanks, it did go better than I thought it might.
Parent - - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-12-08 4:59 PM
Anitoch Christmas 5K (or something like that)

A nice park in antioch next to a lake- 5K

Saturday,

Get a really ugly t-shirt, run faster than last year and get an age group award which I did last year. Apparently there aren't many old pudgy runners in my community
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-12-08 5:41 PM
Sounds like fun! Enjoy tomorrow and your really ugly t-shirt!
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-12-08 8:45 PM
Have fun and may the shirt be fantastically ugly!
Parent - - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-12-11 11:50 AM
Got a slightly less ugly shirt than last year (a blue line drawing of a snowman) and 4th in age group (awards go 5 deep even though its a small race)

The race itself sucked.  I've been fighting a cold, took off a little too fast and ended up with very unhappy lungs.  I ran about 2 minutes slower than I would have wished, but oh well.

I did run much faster than last year.  I've lost weight, have my blood sugar under control and I've done low but regular mileage this year.
Parent - - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-12-11 1:32 PM
Losing the weight and having your blood sugar under control are victories enough!  :hug::hug:
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-12-12 1:57 PM
LDR--- I totally agree,  Doing those things may allow me to keep on breathing and continue to run for a few extra years.  The payoff was more Sunday's beautiful leisurely run around Tilden Park.  I am at my happiest doing that.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...