Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Think it through Thursday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-30 7:29 AM
What are you thinking about?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-30 7:30 AM Edited 2017-11-30 7:41 AM
SDO for me today. This means early morning tomorrow to get a short run and weigh unless I change my mind and go to the gym tonight.

I ran 4 last night with some other runners in the group who were like minded on needing more than 3 miles
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-30 7:59 AM
Great work on the 4 miler and glad you had company. :happy:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-30 8:25 AM
good job on the run last night!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-30 12:04 PM
Good job on the run
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-30 8:10 AM
Wednesday was USDO, waiting around for apartment work, errands and my own tech support. DVD player failure and it was screwing with the tv settings. I keep cheap dvd players that I can throw when one fails so I reconnected an old one. However, I did get in 45 minutes of meditation and yoga during the waiting for other things to happen.
Today I plan another trail  run. Sun is out. Yaaaaaaaay! :grin:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-30 8:25 AM
ack, I hait waiting for service techs to come!  Good job squeezing in some yoga and meditation while you wait. Enjoy your run! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:35 AM
How many sort of broke DVD Players do you have?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-30 2:19 PM
I have an older tv in bedroom with older dvd player. Newer of both in living room. One spare. :laugh: None are actually sort of broken, just started having small issues or so. : pbbt:
Yay for sun and trail running:happy:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-30 8:24 AM
yesterday was SDO because I was in class from 8:30-5.  I'll be heading out for 5-6 in about half an hour, and will do some squats/pushups/plank ab things after.  I have a dr appt in the city at 12:30, which means I have to leave here by 11:45. I plan to take myself out to lunch after. :cool:

Made some progress in the past few days on getting the house decorated for the holidays.  I'm starting to create traditions, which feels great :hug:
That is a long day of classes! Have a good run today.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-30 9:13 AM
Trainer this morning.  I hate push ups.  They make me feel weak and stupid.  I will conquer them, one day.  I will.

It's been drizzly, foggy, yucky the past couple of days.  My mood matches.  Blah.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:11 AM
Why "stupid"? I mean, "weak" is part of starting any new set of exercises. But stupid?

My bugaboo exercise for a while was abs and core. I'd do a couple of crunches and inside my head would be screaming "aaaaaaaaah, it BURNS...!" :laugh:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:20 AM
Because my brain says I should be able to do them but I can't so clearly my brain is wrong and stupid.  :cry::blush: 

I'm fairly certain this is almost all mental at this point.  And I don't know how to get past that.

I don't mind doing abs/core; I'm usually laughing at myself so much that the time flies and poof I'm done.  Bicycle crunch things - I swear I must look like an upside down roach with my arms and legs flailing around.  :laugh:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-30 11:01 AM
Ah. I see. Hmm. Maybe change form a little? Do knee pushups (knees resting on the ground) or wall pushups, to build the base muscles and get used to the motion until you can do pushups in plank position? Although you trainer may have already suggested this.
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-11-30 11:38 AM
I get it.  I was in that headspace for years.  One of these days you will just say f it and you'll find yourself doing a full pushup.  It will happen.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:36 AM
Pull ups are worse.

I find if I do other easier chest exercises, it helps me do the push-ups too (eventually).
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:51 AM
Note to self - stay away from the pull up bar.  :laugh:

Trainer swears that I'm strong enough, but has decided we'll avoid attempting them while he work the muscles other ways.  Love him.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-11-30 11:38 AM
Agree on pullups.  I regressed.  :sad:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-30 11:53 AM
I will work like crazy to build up pull-up endurance, but if I skip, like, a week, I feel like I go back down to bare minimum.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-30 12:03 PM
I used to feel that way about push ups but my trainer loved them so I finally conquered and you will too one day. Now it is pull ups for me:cry:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:33 AM
SDO today. But I'm going to be on a plane tomorrow heading to Wisconsin. No real chance for a hard workout, unless I get in a walk. Hmm. I may need to go to the gym and hit the stationary bike.

It is about 25 F. right now and the wind is gusting. I can hear it soughing through the trees and when I poked my head out a little bit ago, it was like "Holy instant freeze-dried human icicle, Batman!" :shocker!: Feels cold AF, so I am not going to go walk outside, because I am a special, tender little flower and I have indoor options. : pbbt::laugh:

In other news, the MyFitnessPal calorie and activity tracker is definitely making me more mindful of what I eat and do. I am down a little over one pound after three days, when the tracker states that I am only running a deficit of about 1/3 lb.

I am fully hydrated, etc., so I am thinking the weight loss is legit, and that the app's basic assumptions about height, weight, age, etc., and caloric burn baseline are probably not very accurate. I am going to stick with it for now, though, because three days and one pound+ lost is not a particularly accurate baseline to measure from.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:53 AM
You're probably a lot more muscular than the average folk, so you're probably burning more "resting" calories than MFP anticipates?
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-30 10:59 AM
I am thinking that's likely.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-30 12:02 PM
MFP sure does make you think twice about food and activity.

I'm a delicate flower when it comes to cold too and I've lived in it my entire life:laugh:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-30 12:00 PM
Thinking about trying to fit in a run and possibly still meet friends tonight at a brewery (I don't drink beer) when I'd rather skip the brewery and go to bed early. Feel like I'm starting to get the crud going around plus I work early tomorrow so I'd love some sleep.
5.5 mile Tuesday with a friend and her 13 yo XC runner son, it was his first night run and he loved it. Core and upper body strength in morning.
Wednesday 5 miles with a few short speed bursts and lower strength.
Today the plan is 7 with 4 Tempo miles But instead slept in. Hoping to run while O has dance tonight.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-30 4:23 PM
I hear you on not liking beer. Do they have cider?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-30 4:29 PM
No cider, that I like.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-30 8:58 PM
I like beer but during the week it's run, work, eat, sleep repeat.
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-30 4:22 PM
Thinking I would like to get enough miles in December to get a reasonable total for the year.

3.25 today at the gym. I didn't get up to run this morning.

And tomorrow is going to be a bust. The city is repairing the sidewalk in front of my house where the neighbor's tree roots have torn up the sidewalk as well as the driveway. We can't drive on it until Monday. So we're thinking now is the best time to break up the uprooted concrete and pour some more to smooth the driveway a little, I don't want to pay to have the entire thing replaced especially since the tree is still there (hate that absentee landlord neighbor) but we can at least fix the worst of it.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Think it through Thursday (Dailies)