Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 7:38 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-29 8:05 AM
I'm at work!:happy::roll:

The damned mail carrier didn't come in the office all week to pick up my mail from last freaking week. WTH.:roll: And of course no one looked at my desk to notice and drop it in the mail:roll:

I've been awake for 3 hours and I'm already exhausted. Gonna be a fun day.

Hungry but still not hungry.

Longmire:hug::hug::hug:

Gotta run! Lots to catch up on.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 8:21 AM
I read your post yesterday about being sick. :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:21 AM
It was omg rough. But i'm all better now. Just wiped out.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 9:22 AM
It takes time to get your energy back after something like that.  I hope you make it through the day ok.  :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-29 9:45 AM
I'm glad you posted about mail because it reminded me I had a card in my bag to mail!

Take it easy this first day back
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 8:33 AM
--I typed all of my RTTs and they disappeared. :mutmad:

--Got Christmas gifts ordered for the California gang last night. Those kids don’t ask for much. I just have one nephew left to buy for. I think I’m going to give him this $35 gift card to Bass Pro I got for taking surveys and call it good. :blush:

--My 8 a.m. appointment texted me at 8:07 to cancel. :roll::mutmad:

--I’m not going to do any special on gift certificates this year. I don’t want 100 gift certificates out there needing to be redeemed without knowing what my future holds. A regular client of mine asked me about it yesterday and I did offer her the same deal I did last year only because she is a really good customer and she uses the certificates up quickly.

--Had my blood drawn for the T3 and T4 yesterday. Hopefully I’ll hear something by the end of the week.

--Need to touch base with my CPA and see how bad I will get clobbered if I sell my office building/business.

--Bookmarked the recipe for an “Incredibly Delicious Italian Cake”. Trying to come up with a few desserts for our Christmas gatherings. We’re doing the one here on the 18th and the Iowa one on the 23rd/24th. :happy:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:22 AM
I hate when they disappear:sad:

I :hug: Gift cards. :grin:

Nice of you to work with regular consistent clients:happy:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 9:23 AM
:mutmad: on the late cancellation.  That would tick me off to no end.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:28 AM
I’ve had $2,340 worth of no shows and last minute (less than 6 hours) cancellations so far this year. I shouldn’t keep track of this. It just pisses me off even more. Usually it’s about $4-5K a year so it is better. :roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 9:33 AM
Oh wow, that would really piss me off too.  :mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-29 10:39 AM
Annoying to know but good to know. :mutmad:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-29 9:46 AM
I think it makes sense to give the regular lady a gift certificate but not open up publicly.

what did you get the kids?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 11:14 AM
I got my oldest niece a wall calendar (a nice one per her instructions : pbbt:), a book and a pencil pouch (a cute one as directed :laugh:). I got my other niece the Spiderman Homecoming DVD, some lotion and a book. River is getting a Minecraft LEGO desert outpost set. That’s all he’s getting because his requests are higher end than the girls’. My two oldest nephews are getting a passport wallet/holder thing with a $20 Starbucks gift card stuck inside and their brother is getting the Bass Pro gift card. I’m on a budget this year. I’ve spent too much on medical crap.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 12:08 PM
I just saw on Slickdeals that Walmart has pint canning jars for $5 for the dozen.  And naturally I thought of you.  :laugh: In case you don't have enough, that's a great price.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 12:41 PM
I just bought 14 cases of used ones from a friend of my mom’s. I think I’m covered for a while. :blush:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 9:32 AM
*Finally called to make an appointment for a hair cut.  I've only been saying I was going to do it for 3 weeks.  :blush::roll:

*I am so uncoordinated.  I'm a danger to myself.  Only I can manage to fall down the stairs while holding onto the rail.  :roll:  It was like a cartoon fall, in slow motion, like how am I falling, I'm holding on?  And who moved the step my foot was on?  :wtf::roll:  I was sore before this but now I'm sore in all the weird places, one shoulder blade, back, arm.  :roll:

*My dog has so much energy this morning.  But she can just play in the yard.  We had another unleashed dog incident on the walk yesterday.  :mutmad::roll:  I purposely walk through a field to avoid one yard only to have the dog dash through the yard, across the road and the field to get to Ellie anyway.  :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad: 

*My UPS driver retired.  :sad:  The one I would sometimes race during the holiday delivery season.  :laugh:  Bill works at UPS at night and I asked him once if the driver knew I was racing him on the run and he said oh heck yes he knew.  :laugh::laugh::laugh:  Ellie doesn't like the new driver, but boy can she identify the truck by sound only.  : pbbt:

*It is so weird not having a cat on the top step when I go out the back door.  :sad:  That was Cinnamon's spot to sun herself.  And she always acted like it was an imposition to have move of course.  All those years and we still felt bad about making her move just so we could exit the house.  Now that's a cat for you.  :laugh::hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:41 AM
What was the outcome on the other dog? Ellie doesn’t get along with the dogs does she?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 10:24 AM
As a rule no. There are dogs she’s been ok with, but with it coming at her running towards her, definitely no. The other dog was friendly but very young with no manners. It got right up in her face and Ellie snapped in its direction and it ran home.  And then the owners came out. :roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-29 11:16 AM
Well, at least it had enough sense to run home. I’ve had similar situations where there was a dog fight as a result. Meadow has won a few times and a couple times she has lost. Mama almost killed a boxer with her bare hands over one incident.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 11:58 AM
That's my biggest fear, that we will end up in a dog fight with some loose dog.  Right now I walk her down a country road with only 2 houses on it.  The loose dog however lives right next door to us.  :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-29 9:47 AM
LOL racing the UPS driver

Hope you are ok after the fall, especially since you've already been sore
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-29 10:04 AM
Talked to someone on the phone today and she said "well since today is Friday....." and I'm all :wtf::wtf: but I decided not to burst her bubble and tell her it was only Wednesday. Guess she thought it was a short week again :laugh::laugh:

My eyes have been blurry lately and these contacts are new. Plus I just had an eye Dr appoint a couple months ago and my prescription barely changed

B has a 7am Dr appointment tomorrow. I'm thinking of working from home afterward. Really I would probably only get to work a little late but I think I'd rather just work from home :laugh:

Brought my lunch today but they are ordering in Cheesecake Factory for my group. Can't say no to a free lunch. And maybe some cheesecake too!

Good thing I planned to go workout tonight!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-29 12:00 PM
Any chance they screwed up when they ordered your contacts?  I ask because we actually had that once.  When my oldest was young he kept complaining about his brand-new glasses.  Turns out the office had ordered to the wrong prescription for him.  :shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-29 7:33 PM
I’m still using ones from my last year order although that is a good point to check
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wednesday RTTs