Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wild Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-11-29 7:31 AM
Post. At least it's already mid week. :roll:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-29 7:33 AM
Tuesday was a 55 minute trail run. No deer so maybe our season has calmed down. It did start early this year. Maybe they are quitting early? Maybe they are hunkered down with a beer and the remote, watching the game?
Before my run, I did get 30+ minutes of meditation and yoga.
Today I plan another trail run after some work gets done on the apartment. DC and I have an errand to do, then we are going out to dinner.
I'll start my yoga in a few minutes. We need a smilley with a halo. :laugh:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-29 8:03 AM
I'm glad your trail running and meditation were unobstructed.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:29 AM
The deer are probably all shacked up in love nests somewhere away from public view; they'll be out again shortly. I doubt rut is over yet. : pbbt:

"Smiley with a halo", because you are so virtuous! : pbbt::laugh: Love it.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-29 10:20 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-29 8:12 AM Edited 2017-11-29 8:21 AM
Planning to go to group run tonight. It's only 3 miles but I hope to find someone who will run an extra mile with me. Taking my small flashlight.

Minor annoyance vent: I posted on our race team's FB page about a discount on an upcoming race the group did last year asking if we were planning to do it again this year.

It's in an underground climate controlled office park. That may sound kind of strange but this race is very popular here since it's in late January one of the few mid winter races. I was interested because they have a 10K.

Got a snarky comment from one of the runners about how awful the race was, that they'd never do it again and that they actually had to stop for water last year because they got hot during the race. (They are a 5K runner and they never stop for water.) It was all I could do to keep from replying"BOO FREAKING HOO GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!" but I didn't.:blush::mischief:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-29 8:41 AM
I like BOO FREAKING HOO. :laugh:  Hope you find someone for the extra mile. :hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:31 AM
Is this in the underground area in MN/STP? I have heard that's a whole ecosystem down there!

The 5K runners needs a good tight slap, I think, and a reminder to get over it. :laugh: "Boo freaking hoo"...! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:43 AM
Actually it's in Kansas City.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-29 10:30 AM
Oh, cool!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-29 12:49 PM
Nobody forced that person to stop for water. One can carry a hand held or wear a bottle belt.

I can't imagine it's all that hot in the underground office park, and at least it's unlikely that the race will be called off because of inclement weather unless the ice storm is so bad that the runners shouldn't be driving to get to the race.

Hope you find a buddy for the last mile!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:29 PM
4 miles done.:cool:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-29 10:31 AM
My plan today is to go do some HIIT workout, followed by a TM run. Then go to Costco. And the chiropractor.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-29 12:01 PM
That's ambitious. Good luck getting it all done! Your making great progress.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-29 12:47 PM
Costco is likely to be upper body work. Lifting containers of cat litter into the cart, for instance! How many do you have now? (Cats, I mean, not containers of cat litter.)

Probably good that the chiropractor is last on the list...
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-29 6:39 PM
We have four cats now: Lewis, Dali, Nellie and Lief.

I should really get a portrait of all four together, if we can manage it. Two tortoiseshell princesses, one big dapper tuxedo boy, and a luxurious gray Forest Cat. All super-nice cats. Nellie is the scrappiest of the lot, of course, being both tiny and a tortie. :laugh::laugh::laugh: The other three are very mellow.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-30 1:45 PM
:hug: Tortie-tude!

Which is the forest cat? As I remember you acquired Dali in a forest, but she's a calico/tortie, isn't she?
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-29 6:41 PM
Felt good enough for spin over lunch and a beautiful walk on the river while Gavin was at choir.
Run tomorrow.
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-29 4:13 PM
4 this morning -- it's class day so I take a bit more time if I want. That's all, we had an impromptu department meeting just before noon and it went until 12:40, then I had to call someone in the Eastern time zone, so no gym. Bah.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wild Wednesday dailies