Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tinkering Tuesday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 7:28 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 7:35 AM
Decided not to go to my company Christmas party. It hasn't been that fun for me in the past for various reasons and I decided why bother. I had asked my parents to babysit that night so I think we will just go to dinner or do something fun instead. I'd rather use my babysitter time for something I want to do and not a party where I just sit and stare at my drink all night :laugh:

Someone just brought donuts for a birthday yummmmmm.  Donuts used to be take it or leave it for me but when I was pregnant I really liked them and it stuck with me.

Need to get my grandma a gift card to put in her birthday card. They never go out to eat, like ever, but like once a year she can convince grandpa to get KFC so I'm getting her a gift card for there :laugh: I did it a year or two ago for Christmas because she had told grandpa she wanted to go to KFC for her birthday and he didn't take her :mutmad:

B was back to his normal self yesterday and not a complete monster so that was good

If the person picks up today I will have sold another $35 in baby stuff. Woohoo! Granted some of it is just reselling stuff I bought him that didn't work.

Need to knock out some work this week, every time I make a dent in the pile more comes in
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:47 AM
KFC. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 7:52 AM
admittedly there aren't a lot of food options where they live but still.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-28 7:48 AM
Donuts have always been a trigger food for me.  All the donuts.  All the time.  :cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-28 7:58 AM
*I cannot believe how tired I am now that the kids have left.  I did great staying up late the whole time they were here, but wow am I sleeping long and hard now. 

*My eyes have been so itchy, it's driving me crazy.  I'm afraid it's from the Christmas tree.  I suspect it's dusty. I'm sure putting my contacts in will be great fun.  :cry:

*I need to get groceries in a big way today and I really don't want to.  It's Tuesday.  :cry:  I'm trying to come up with an actual menu to fuel my list and I'm stuck after one dinner.  :laugh:

*Yesterday was just a beautiful day.  Sunny, warmish, not too windy.  Today looks pretty but it's really gusty out there.  :sad:  When you run in the country and know whenever you hit the wind it will be at least a mile of it before you can change directions, it does make you note the wind.

*I was so sore after my second run last night. I'm not sure if it was because I ran outside, and faster than normal for a few miles or what?  My shoes are on the higher side for miles, but still, it was bad how sore I was.  I've run 20 milers and not been anywhere near that sore afterwards.  :wtf:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-28 8:00 AM
Your soreness may be partially due to being so exhausted. Take care of yourself. :hug:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-11-28 8:25 AM
Totally off any of your RTT's but I found a pretty decent discount code for Charleston that is only good today:

Use code CapstoneCM15 to save 15% on any distance of the O2 Fitness Charleston Marathon! Register by 11:59PM EST tonight, November 28 to save!

I'm going to sign up for the half and find a hotel room. There are a few that are within walking distance to the start.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-28 9:06 AM
Thank you!  Code worked and I am registered.  :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 9:38 AM
Any chance you can do one of the grocery services where you choose online like Kroger or Walmart? I've never tried them but I think you usually get a few orders for free.

It feels like springtime these past couple days
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-28 10:12 AM
Kids. They suck the energy right out of us....apparently at any age:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:58 AM
--I really liked the neurologist. I was early to the appointment (about 15 minutes) and the nurse called me right back. :shocker!: I figured I’d sit in the treatment room for 45 minutes. Nope, the neurologist came right in. She was very thorough. Went over MRI results, which she said are very good. She said we definitely need to do the nerve test. She mentioned carpal tunnel. Said symptoms can come and go. If the nerve test comes back negative for that and anything else nerve related then we’re back to square one. :meh: I showed her my “trigger thumb”. She is referring me to hand surgeon. The initials I hate to hear surfaced......RA. :cry:

--Calling my regular doctor today to get some follow up blood work on the elevated TSH. :meh:

--My sister sent me the kids’ Christmas lists. Everything for River has something to do with Minecraft. That’s totally out of my wheelhouse. :laugh:

--Horrible burn on my arm from the apple pie. :roll:

--I’ve had so much positive feedback, nice compliments and many thank you’s for the race. That’s so rewarding. :hug:

--Michelle, you must visit Zion, Bryce, Canyonlands and Arches when you do you Utah marathon. I hope you take at least a week to explore the area.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-28 8:04 AM
We just booked our flights yesterday and we are there for a week.  It should be a very good time to visit the parks because it's off season. I've heard they can be super crowded.  We are flying into Vegas, but I have news for my husband, we are not spending any time there. 

:cool: on the Minecraft stuff.  That's such a neat game.  It's basically video legos.  : pbbt:  My oldest buys a server so he and his brother can still build in their world together while they are states apart.  :hug:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-28 8:36 AM
I’m with you. Leave Vegas behind. You’ll be surprised at how many people are still at the parks in the off season. When I was living out there a friend and I went camping at Bryce over Thanksgiving. In a tent! It was 17 degrees at night and snow on the ground. You wouldn’t think there would be a sole in the campground. It was nearly full! :shocker!: Several other tent campers too.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-28 8:04 AM
:cry: on the RA.  But I'm glad you have a good neurologist.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 9:45 AM
Glad you had a good visit with the Dr, that's great you got back early and she came right in. You don't experience that often anymore

That's awesome on the nice feedback from the race
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-28 10:10 AM
I'm glad you liked the Neuro.  Surgery sounds daunting but if it works.....

Sorry about the RA coming up. But maybe it isn't that.:hug:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-28 2:14 PM
She said the hand surgeon will probably just inject the thumb with cortisone.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 9:46 AM
Shannon I hope you're feeling better :hug::hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-28 10:06 AM
Well. I have survived.

OMG the last week or so has been rough. I'm sitting here at home (admittedly) feeling much better if not exhausted. Last week it was body aches and fever. Three days out of work to keep from my boss getting sick before his cruise. Then two good days off for good behavior. Thanksgiving and Friday were great. Then Sat it hit me and I was down faster than anything. Within an hour I went from playing Uno with the kids to not able to get off the couch and sweating heavily. They were whisked away and I've spent Saturday afternoon, Sunday, and all yesterday in isolation. Totally bored out of my mind. I thought it was just a cold or the flu until I woke up sunday throwing up and the nasty other:shocker!:. Stopped throwing up at 3pm. Diarrhea forever. I haven't eaten. Lost 8 pounds YAY! Last night I was in and out of the bathroom every hour to half hour. My stomach rolled every time I moved. But by 4 I was sleeping over an hour at a time. I took the kids to school at 7 and went back to sleep. Woke up at 10 and I feel alive again. My stomach isn't 100% but it is definitely better.

It better be. I'm techinically out of PTO right now from last week and September. :mutmad: I've never run out before and sure as hell never used 9 damned days for actual sickness before. :mutmad:These days are for fun stuff with the kids. :cry: Instead I'm sitting here not getting paid:cry: Oh well. What is money. At least I am feeling better. Last night i just wanted someone to put me out of my misery. I'm actually hungry now.

I'm gonna go take a bath, get dressed, and go get some real food.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-28 12:15 PM
:cry: That sounds so miserable.  I was down for 3 days the week before with stomach stuff, its so awful.  :sad:  i hope you're over the worst and continue to improve.  :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-29 7:26 AM
:cry::cry:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tinkering Tuesday RTTs