Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Too much to do Tuesday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 6:47 AM
What are you planning to do today?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 6:51 AM Edited 2017-11-28 6:54 AM
Busy day at work as we push for month and year-end.

Class was fun. I'm glad I went anyway. If anyone here has trouble sleeping, I recommend a weight class in the evening. It always makes me tired and I sleep like I've been drugged. There must be a physiological reason for this.:wtf:

Running on the TM or outside 4-5 miles later today. Probably over lunch.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-28 7:50 AM Edited 2017-11-28 7:55 AM
Great that class was fun and rewarding in more than one way. Have a great run later. :grin:
The sentiment in your tag line is so true!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-28 9:43 AM
Huh. Strength training in the evening = good sleep. Interesting.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-28 7:54 AM
Monday I did a 90 minute session of planning and practice for yoga and meditation. After that it had warmed up to around 50° so out I went to run. It was so nice that I decided to go out the trail. I was very careful about deer but there was nothing in sight.
Today I plan another trail run or at least part of the trail. Heading to the meditation cushion. I've ordered one for a self present since mine is a makeshift. I need my behind farther off the ground. :laugh: The hips stiffen up in old age. : pbbt:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:31 PM
Enjoy your meditation
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-28 8:19 AM
Trainer this morning, legs.  Funny how quickly your body gets used to not doing things.  All the walking (and the teeny bit of running) did not help with the step ups today.  Oh well, done.

I have to get moving today.  Yesterday was meeting central, and then last night was a bust after discovering DS1 made up the data for his science fair project.  So he went from being 99% done to about 25% done.  I'm so annoyed that he didn't ask for help one of the thousand times I checked on the progress of his project.  He has to rejigger his research paper that's due on Friday to remove the results section, and then he has to figure out actual experiments he can do (will be hard since his project is about what's better - solar or wind and it's dark when he goes to school and dark not long after he gets home).  Then this weekend he has to finish all the results stuff up in the report, do the board, oh and write an English Lit paper that's also due on Monday that he did finally admit he hadn't really started.  He's in for a rough week/weekend.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-28 9:30 AM
ugh, I'm sorry to hear about DS.  I remember similar situations with my younger brother.  Always tough on my brother and my mom.  Wishing you luck. :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-28 10:07 AM
And unfortunately so are you in for a rough week/weekend, sorry.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:34 PM
I used to give my DD a hard time about procrastination because it usually ended up effecting me too. Like asking me to proofread it several times the night before it was due. I'm a morning person, but most teenagers are not.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-29 8:56 AM
I read an article last night that was like a gut punch.  It was something like 17 things kids with ADHD want you to know.  And it was gut-wrenching to see my own behaviors listed as things that aren't helpful to someone who's brain doesn't work like most of the population.  Some of that has come into play here - he didn't know where to get started, got overwhelmed, didn't know how to ask for help.  UGH.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-29 9:23 AM
I sympathize because both DD and I struggle with concentration issues. She takes medication and I have laundry list of coping strategies. Unfortunately the two of us will butt heads in these situations. I think I can be helpful but sometimes we end up in an argument.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-29 3:16 PM
Yeah, it does NOT help that he's my mini-me.  The more I learn about ADHD, the more I realize my struggles in life have a real name, a real diagnosis.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-11-29 6:21 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-28 9:32 AM
planning on 5.  About to head out.  Will do some "strength" work when I get back - squats, pushups, pregnancy-approved abs.  I'm currently editing another student's paper - we are workshopping the paper in class tomorrow.  It's kind of a mess, and I'm trying to figure out the balance between being constructive and supportive and telling him, "look, this is basically not working..."  It's so hard to present your work and be so vulnerable!  It's my turn in two weeks, so he can get back at me then :laugh:  I also have eighty bajillion pages of reading for tomorrow.  Ok, more like 200 - but I've already done 400 pp of reading this week so my brain is fried.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-28 9:43 AM
Sounds like a busy day. :hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-28 11:30 AM
It *is* busy - but I gotta say, I'm loving this work from home thing - as I sit in leggings and a hoodie, wrapped in a blanket :hug:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-11-28 11:50 AM
Agree entirely!:laugh::cool:

Workshopping is hard, for just the reasons you describe. My two cents (or dollar) is that critiques are very appreciated, even "this isn't working at all". As long as the next bit is about why, specifically, and suggestions on an alternate approach that might do better. When people go on job talks with their articles, they will have hard questions that don't pull punches, so knowing up front from peers what is problematic is helpful as it allows for reworking/discarding.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:35 PM
I hate working after my brain is fried.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-28 9:47 AM
Heading to yoga, and then planning to do some pool running/water workout. Yesterday was all impact so today is going to be about no impact movement.

I have gotten serious about losing some excess weight. I like to be at about 125 lbs; feel good up to about 128. I am currently at 131 lbs. It is not a large weight loss goal, but I have been half-assing it and over-indulging and not taking it seriously, so now I am back to using MyFitnessPal to log intake and activity. And focusing on strength and endurance again.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-28 11:32 AM
sounds like a good workout day! 

I hear you on the overindulging!  And it's especially hard (for me, anyway), as we head into The Holidays.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-11-28 11:42 AM
This is the side advantage to having holidays done and dusted in September/October, and having fasting requirements for the duration rather than feasting!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-28 11:43 AM
Good luck on the weight loss. Even six pounds can be a challenge. And it gets worse as there is more to lose.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-28 2:15 PM
And at our size, 3-6 lbs gained or lost makes a noticeable difference!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:36 PM
I don't tend to overindulge, but there's strategic eating and autopilot eating.:laugh:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-28 10:22 AM
USDO- I couldn't get to sleep last night. was in bed at 10:30 and fell asleep around 1. :meh: So I skipped yoga this morning in favor of an extra 40 min of sleep.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-28 11:31 AM
ugh, I hate those nights.  Good call on the sleep.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-11-28 3:13 PM
FINALLY felt human enough to do yoga this morning in my hotel room. I am using myyogaworks, it is ok so far. You know when you are finally over being sick when you wake up and want to work out.
I had to fly out Sunday for a 2 day trip to Amarillo and Dallas. Felt like crap most of yesterday but ok today. I am hoping for a short run tomorrow morning. I haven't run since last Sunday.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:37 PM
Glad you finally feel like a workout.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:53 PM
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. :hug: How miserable to travel when you're sick.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-28 10:07 AM
3.2 miles again this morning. As I was coming back I passed RN going out, she got up later than I did. Also got passed by Greyhound Lady who does not like the cold, she was wrapped up in sweats and hoodie and the dogs had stayed home. Someday I will remember to ask her what her name is! But she is faster than I am so we usually just exchange a "morning!" and go our separate ways.

Will try to get to the gym at lunch again -- though I also need to get to the library, I have several books on hold that came in.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-28 11:31 AM
you are a machine! I shouldn't still be awed by you after all these years - oh wait, yeah I should!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-28 7:38 PM
I love it when the on hold books come in!:cool:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Too much to do Tuesday (Dailies)