Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / CyberMonday NRR
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-27 11:48 AM
Any deals? Or do you avoid the internet today?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-27 11:50 AM
MCF and I spent yesterday doing house stuff and office stuff for him.  He has such a hard time making decisions. We probably spent an hour looking at chairs for his office that he hopes will be on sale today.  I hope he buys them without my having to give an opinion again. :meh:

I finally made time to try to fix the utility sink in the basement. We haven't used it for two years due to a leak.  I fixed it in about 10 min. :blush: Now I'm bummed I let it wait that long. :meh: There is ALWAYS something to do in the house!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 12:28 PM
I have had a similar experience - leaving something to be done for a long time, and then it's super easy.  I'm such a procrastinator!  Houses are such an ongoing project.  Good for you for getting it done!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:52 AM
I have some shopping to do, but it's going to be bricks and mortar.

I am trying to decide whether to walk/run outside or go run on the TM. My leg is a big tired still, so I am thinking the TM is going to be a better option: more controlled, easier to stop if the muscles demand it.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 12:47 PM
I got me some running shoes at great deals, and a jacket for DH.  He had this one that he loved that was reversible - water resistant nylon on the outside, flannel on the inside - and he lost it when we went to Ireland in July. So I found a pretty cool replacement and got 25% off.  Pleased with that.

Penelope's big gift is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B1V32N8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I figure we'll get lots of use out of it from all of the kids.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-27 12:57 PM
I am peeved because on black friday I was sent an email from Verizon (our wireless carrier) about how smartphones were 50% off. So since I've been living with a cracked screen for over a year I thought, Yeah! I can get a new phone. And you know what? It wasn't 50% off :mutmad: It was if you went with 1 specific plan which I didn't want or need, which made the phone (since they now make you pay for it over 2 yrs) cost $5 less per months vs the 50% less. 25 vs 15/mo specifically. So I didn't it. It's not worth the non-savings. I got another email yesterday with $100 off a phone. This made the phone about $3 less per month because again you have to change to a specific plan. Today I get a text asking me to choose from 3 appointment times to talk with someone about the items in my cart. THen I get a second one with someone's name and location for those appointments. The store? 45 minutes away. There is a Verizon store 5 minutes away so I was like hell no. But WTF. I am so pissed. Isn't that bait and switch?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 12:59 PM
grrr. that is so annoying.  And jeez, the texts... that would really irk me!
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-11-27 1:39 PM
Tell me about your favourite tech toys (keep it clean, ladies :mutmad::laugh:)

I usually buy myself a birthday & Xmas present given we don't do international present giving so it's all I get. Only this year I can't think of anything I want. I know, I know, first world problem par excellence...and yes I already give to charity, food hampers etc., this is about feeling like I have a gift to unwrap and while it's a bit silly since I could buy it any time, it makes me happy so sue me : pbbt:.

So what necessary/totally trivial tech item are you currently loving or hoping Santa brings you this year?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-27 1:43 PM
Do you play computer games? We are giving my nephew a virtual reality headset that you put a smart phone in and can play your games in virtual reality.  Silly and tech.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-11-27 1:58 PM
Sadly no. Although that sounds so much fun I might have to start looking to find games I'd like :laugh:

Interestingly although I'm a 100% visual learner, I prefer to read rather than watch for leisure even including never watching videos on fb/twitter etc. I will always read on my iphone during plane trips rather than watch a movie & even when I watch TV I'm usually reading at the same time
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-11-27 2:43 PM
I love my kindle!  Other than that, I got an iPadthis year that I enjoy as well.  My laptop display went bad.  I suppose I would like a keyboard for the iPad, as I mess up typing so much I avoid it. Some people really like the pens for the iPad as well, but I don't think I would use it.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-11-27 2:50 PM
I looked at Athleta, Gap, and Banana Republic on Black Friday and they had some good deals.  So I got 2 sweaters and 2 sports bras.  They have the same deal today as they did on Black Friday, so no more shopping for me.  I have 2 kindles and one is old and one is new, but the battery dies in 2 hours if I have wireless on.  But if I just turn it on to sync, and remember to turn wireless off directly after, it's OK.  So, I am considering getting a new one as they are on sale.  But do I really need it?  They are about $30 off.  Mostly it's a pain to sync to the last page read, as I tend to read on devices in my office or on my phone as well.  So, I always have to find my last page when I go to bed at night.  The old one works fine, but I got a new one for better contrast and found that it can get to a lower light setting than the old one as well, which is great, as I use it mostly to read in bed.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-27 4:03 PM
I'm very annoyed that minted.com had a Black Friday deal of 15% off, and today has a Cyber Monday deal of 25% off.  I ordered my Holiday cards last night under the Black Friday deal.  It feels pretty crappy to offer a better deal a day later.  I'm ok with different deals for different products on different days, but a bigger discount the next day on the same product?  I'm to chat with their customer service to see if they'll make it right.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-11-27 4:40 PM
That does suck, especially given that it's all online.  I can see a place having in-store specials on Black Friday and different online specials for Cyber Monday, but I wouldn't expect to walk into a bricks-and-mortar store and get special Cyber Monday deals, so I would expect an online store to either have a Monday-only sale, have a four-day sale, or have different sales on different items on different days.  It seems that they're encouraging you to not shop with them on Black Friday in the future.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-27 5:11 PM
Some positive for them - went online to complain and they popped up an article that showed me how to adjust the promo code I used; can do that within 72 hours of placing the order.  So I got the 25% off.  But if I hadn't been tech savvy enough to go complain, I'd have missed out.  Still a crappy thing to do.  But at least I was able to make it right.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-11-27 7:13 PM
I'm not familiar with the specific company, but it's possible that they did promotions and didn't realize until after the fact that doing a 10% off deal a couple of days before doing a 25% off deal just makes customers angry.  It is nice that they're able to make the adjustment without too much of a hassle and hopefully they won't make the same mistake next year.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-27 4:47 PM
Oh and by the way, if you are reading this you are playing the LDB game!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-27 5:17 PM
SIL is already out. She made the mistake of playing the Sirius holiday channel. Heard it twice. :grin:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-27 6:31 PM
I just impulse bought a winter coat. I bought it in black because I wear a lot of bright colors. But I'm wondering if the light grey would have worked too- still neutral, but more visible at night.  Thoughts?
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-11-27 7:15 PM
Black is definitely safe.  It's the standard color for coats.  That said, grey is my favorite color and it matches with just about everything so grey could definitely be a good choice.
Up Topic Communities / Women / CyberMonday NRR