Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-11-27 7:35 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-27 7:38 AM
Friday I had a good park run for 45 minutes.
Saturday and Sunday were SDO because this next week the weather should be decent for outside running. I am LOATHE to go inside. LOATHE.
Today I’m planning a run down in the park when it warms up. I'm trying to make myself form more of a daily structure for my yoga and meditation. I need sufficient sleep to run effectively but also need meditation and study time. I've got to start working on this today.
Really.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:44 AM
I hear you about being loath to go inside when the weather is nice. Enjoy your run today.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:23 PM
No Matter how much time you have it can be hard to get it all in.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:10 AM
I managed to avoid being online much last week.  Yay.

Tuesday - caved and replaced my fitbit (that died a long time ago).  Trainer workout, pretty sure it was upper body.  (6458 steps, started tracking after lunch)
Wednesday - Did a power walk, knee bugging me so didn't want to run. (11684 steps)
Thursday - Mom "needed" eggs for Thanksgiving dinner, so power walked to the grocery store (2 birds, 1 stone).  Get there only to discover that mom didn't really *need* the eggs.  Walk home was faster because I was mad.  Also coaxed the family out for a leisurely stroll after dinner. (12842 steps)
Friday - did a scavenger hunt in Oakland Cemetary  (9630 steps)
Saturday - ran a mile with killer hills, grocery shopped for the few things we needed, and then walked home with 15 lbs of groceries on my back. (10669 steps)
Sunday - Nothing but housework. (6824 steps)

Today will be a walk/run after work.  Trainer starts again tomorrow.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-27 10:02 AM
Which fitbit? I lost my One, which has been discontinued, and since I don't like the Zip I'm likely going to have to go with a wristband. Which one did you get?

Nice step tracking!
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-27 10:36 AM
I got the Alta HR.  Sam's Club had them, and it was sort of an impulse buy.  But I'm loving that it syncs with my phone and buzzes me for meetings, texts, and phone calls.   I also like the sleep tracking.  I'm not really loving having something on my arm all the time though.  The band comes off though, so I think I could do that and wear it in a pocket when I have pockets, except:   I loved my One but I kept forgetting it in pants pockets and washing it.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-27 10:24 AM
You outdid yourself! Good for you on the really active week. :grin:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:43 AM
Lots o' stepping! Well done!!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:24 PM
It sounds like the Fitbit was a good investment.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-11-27 9:29 AM
Crappy night's sleep, but a decent run this morning.  It was sunny and right near freezing, so the weather was nice. :happy:

I'm thinking about leaving tomorrow to go up to NC for a week or so.  If I do that, I might not be online too much while I'm gone.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-27 10:04 AM
Glad you are feeling better.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-27 10:25 AM
Great work on the morning run! Hope you get to go to NC. :happy:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:09 AM
Glad you felt well enough to run. I hope ypu enjoy your trip to NC.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:29 AM
Sounds like a lovely run.  If you get to NC, I hope it's an enjoyable trip.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:09 AM
I have weights class tonight. I haven't been for a few weeks between tapering recovering and working. I am determined to go tonight and maybe even do a warm up run beforehand.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:28 AM
Hope you get that workout in.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-27 3:35 PM
How long do your weights classes last? Do you get tired?
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:25 PM
50-55 minutes. It makes me tired, but I sleep great after.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-27 11:28 AM
Feeling merry on this cyber Monday! Got some great deals on a jacket for DH and two pairs of running shoes for me.  I've had both sets of sneaks since I was pregnant with P, so yeah, time for some new ones.  Got a pair of Hokas for 59.99 on running warehouse! :cool: just in from a gorgeous 5.7 mile trail run. I ran both of the long hills all the way without stopping. Each hill takes about 2:30 to run, and they are rocky and pretty steep.  So feeling good about that! Even better - I just weighed myself and I didn't gain anything over thanksgiving :laugh: in spite of the pie and the leftovers... Burp.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-27 3:34 PM
Glad you got some good deals online. :grin: I still have hopes for a warm winter. Trail runs are so nice in moderate temperatures.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:26 PM
That is a great deal!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-27 11:48 AM
I was offline most of the weekend:
Thursday-- Family Thanksgiving walk-- about two hours, 20 min of which was in the POURING rain.  Unfortunately, that was 20 min in the middle.  Still, fun to do the walk every year.
Friday- Thankswimming with my friends in Puget Sound. The water was clear, but rough.  I'm not great at rough water, so it was good practice for me, rough and still safe.  It was one of those 25 min out, 6 min back kind of days!
Saturday- walk with my BFF before we got mani-pedis.  Turns out manicures do not last in chlorine.
Sunday- short walk with MCF in the middle of doing tons of house chores.
Monday- 50 min swim. I got up early, so just hit the pool. It felt really good, but my eyes are feeling chlorinated.  Also, I was trying to engage my glutes during free and breast.  It was harder than I would have thought.  Good practice.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-27 3:29 PM
Good workouts! Hope you had great umbrellas for the rainy walk? :shocker!:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-27 3:36 PM
Seattelites don't use umbrellas.  We use rain jackets. Or just get wet.:cool:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-27 5:14 PM
Thought you used bumbershoots...: pbbt:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:28 PM
Some good swimming workouts in there.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-27 7:38 PM
Late to the party, but I ran for 70 min (okay, I walked some of that; didn't run the whole time) on the TM, did some time on the rowing machine and worked shoulders and upper back.

Hamstrings are protesting. There will be a hot soak tonight. And yoga tomorrow.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:29 PM
70 minutes is great progress even with walk breaks.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-27 10:47 PM
70 minutes is impressive!

Do you have a hot tub or is the soak in a bathtub?
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-27 5:14 PM
3.2 with RN this morning. When we started out it was foggy. Moisture in air increased. "Is it raining?" "No, it's just misty." It misted more and more until we had to admit that yes, it was actually raining. But the storm has blown over. Pity. We could have used more rain! 6.01 on the TM at lunchtime, trying hard to get over 200 for November.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:30 PM
Rain is full of surprises sometimes.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Monday dailies