Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Cyber Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-27 6:49 AM
Who’s shopping today?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-27 7:01 AM
--I bought a couple of leather passport holders with slots for credit cards and money last night thru Groupon. Going to give those to my nephews for their trip to Germany. I thought I’d stick a little Starbucks gift card in each one.

--We ran all of our dried beans thru the combine which saved me from having to shell each and every one. However, because there aren’t bushels and bushels of one variety they kind of get mixed up together so I’m still having to go back thru them all and sort them and get rid of the ones that have broken. I have about 4 gallons worth so far cleaned and I’m maybe a quarter of the way done. :cry:

--Turkey Strut 5K went really well. The timing guy was awesome. I already have him on board for next year. We ended up with 251 who registered. A few who signed up didn’t participate and then a few who didn’t sign up participated. :roll:

--OK, so I got my blood work results back. Thyroid is really high. Might explain some of my issues.

--Neurologist appointment today. Geez, at this point I feel like I need to be going to an endocrinologist for my thyroid and an orthopedic for my thumb. :roll: Aside from a little numbness in the hands at night the whole nerve thing is much improved.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-11-27 7:02 AM
Glad you're getting better but equally as glad you are seeing a neurologist just to make sure

Awesome that the timing guy worked out!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-27 7:09 AM
They time the Springfield, IL marathon and the White River Marathon. He said he also does a lot of races in Oklahoma. I didn’t ask but I’m kind of wondering if he wasn’t the one who timed Pumpkin Holler.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 9:23 AM
I'm glad your nerve issues have improved but I'm also glad you're seeing the neurologist.  Hopefully you will be able to find out what was going on and how to prevent it.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-27 12:12 PM
Great to hear you hit your 250 mark plus 1 to grow on.

Let us know how the appt goes today
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-27 12:51 PM
I wanted 300. :sad:

We had 240 we issued numbers and chips to. Only 198 were in our list of results. When they first did the race they gave people the option of whether to be timed or not so now I’m dealing with bad race behaviors. It really messes up everything from identifying finish line photos to the timing itself. It throws the timing guys off when someone crosses the line with a number on but it doesn’t register their time. Makes you think something went wrong. This is one reason why people who have no clue about racing should not put on a race. :mutmad::roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 7:28 AM
So did people just not wear their chips or take them off? I think I'm confused :blush:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-11-27 7:01 AM
Nope.

Toy Drive was Friday. Pretty light turnout. Still exhausted

I am officially fatter than I was when I had to take 5 months off for surgery. I just don't get it. :cry::mutmad: me>200 lbs

70 degrees today

So proud of our XC kids. After a disappointing season they have jumped right into winter workouts for track.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-27 7:07 AM
Have you had your thyroid checked?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-11-27 7:12 AM
I have but it's been awhile. I went to the Dr some time back because of my erratic weight gain. They made me come in every freaking week for blood tests that I had to pay for and found nothing but high blood pressure. I took their stupid high blood pressure meds until it was time to refill and I refused to go in and take another blood test so I just stopped taking it :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 9:24 AM
:hug: to the hard working cross kids.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-27 12:13 PM
Did you at least get all of the lists filled?

I feel ya on being fatter, I think I'm approaching 6 months pregnant stage right about now
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-11-27 2:54 PM
As of right now all lists are filled. If they take in more than 3 more kids though I will be hosed.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 9:21 AM
*I'm doing some cyber shopping.  I'm looking for shoes for myself.  :laugh:  Ok, I also picked up one of Anthony's electronic items.

*Thanksgiving was wonderful.  It was nice having all the pieces of my heart in one place again.  :hug:

*We stayed up late playing games every night.  :grin:  I will be going through Catan withdrawal now.  :laugh:

*Only blemish was our 20 year old outdoor cat died.  We knew she was near death.  She had stopped eating.  But she hung on for days.  I swear she was waiting for the kids to get home to say goodbye.  I am glad she won't have to suffer through another winter.  Even in the garage with a heated bed, winter is rough. 

*I really need to get back to running some big miles again so I can hit my year end goal. 

*Looks like I'm running 2 winter marathons.  South Carolina and Utah.  :happy:  Getting long runs in during December is not my favorite thing but I'm not out of marathon shape, so maintaining should hopefully be easier than getting there again.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-11-27 9:27 AM
You have to check out the game Squarrel

so much fun
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 9:44 AM
I will definitely look into it.  :grin:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 9:48 AM
Went ahead and ordered it.  Someone will be getting it for Christmas for us to play.  :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-11-27 2:54 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-11-27 10:21 AM
If SC is confirmed, I will get going on plans to do the half. I *might* be able to keep up with you for the half.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 11:41 AM
I believe there's a price increase coming up... I plan to register before then.  I'll let you know when I've registered.

And no worries, I'm none too fast any more.  And with a 12+ hour car ride post race, I'll not want to feel too awful.  Whatever pace you want to run, I'll be happy to have the company.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-27 12:11 PM
Go for the shoes. I signed myself up for a local 25K. It was $15 off. Maybe it will give me a kick in the butt to start running.

Sorry about your cat. :hug:

Which races in UT and SC?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 3:08 PM
SC is the Charleston marathon in January, Utah is the Sand Hollow marathon in March.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-27 5:57 PM
Sand Hollow? Never heard of it. Is it a new one?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 7:43 PM
It’s been going on since 2011 it looks like. It’s a small race but looks pretty scenic.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-28 7:26 AM
that name just made me think of Sandhog (I think that was the name) a forumite from the past
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-28 7:47 AM
Oh wow, I forgot all about him.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-27 12:14 PM
Glad you had some good times with the kiddos. And the cat hung on to say goodbye

Winter marathon in Utah? Hmmm
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-27 9:45 AM
PSA - Dicks has 25% off today for cyber monday.  I got 3 pairs of shoes, 2 for me and 1 for Anthony.  Of those, 2 of them are pairs that simply do not go on sale, at least not until the next update comes out.  :roll:  So 25% off was a big deal.  :grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-27 12:15 PM
:cool::cool:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Cyber Monday RTTs