Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Small Business Saturday - 11/25
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-25 6:36 AM
In the never-ending quest to separate people from their money, today is the day we are supposed to go to local small businesses.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-25 6:46 AM
And get your apps ready for Cyber Monday.  Remember when Christmas was much simpler?

I am meeting my friend for a power walk this morning and then who knows what.  I'd like to see the movie "Wonder."

Enjoy your day friends!:hug::hug:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 7:17 AM
:hug: when new hats and gloves made you squeal with delight.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 7:22 AM
did you read the book?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-25 3:08 PM
No.   Should I read it first?
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 4:12 PM
always yes
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-25 6:49 AM
I went to the park and ran 3.2 miles this morning.  My thermometer said 38° but for some reason I dressed for colder weather. Then I got to the park and it was warmer there. Probably 45-50 out there.

My plan was to run 5 laps around the "lake" and I stubbornly started off with my hat, gloves, and 2 layers of clothes. I guess I sort of figured I'd be done before I got too hot. Well, after one .65 lap, I ditched 1 layer along with the hat & gloves. I made it to the end but I was wishing I had worn shorts and a lighter shirt.

After the good 5.1 yesterday and the very good 5k the day before, my legs were finally feeling tired today.

In honor of small business Saturday, I may actually stop in the local running store today.  I can't decide if I want to or not yet.

And I may go to the Marshall football game this afternoon. Haven't decided on that either but it is the last game of the year and I haven't been to one yet this year.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-25 6:54 AM
I say support your local football team!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 7:18 AM
it's always good to have options! I like them both. The weather should be fine today? (it will be here) I say do it all.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 7:22 AM
Unless you need a new fridge, there is no reason to   get up at 4 to shop. I save that junk for races and hot weather training....

shop small would be nice in my little town. it's cute but traffic will not be, so at home I stay. :) and wait for cyber Monday.

Christmas lights today. weather says 59* and I hope to score an extra degree due to inaccurate weather pattern predications. Plus the kids are still home. I still need lots of help.

Feeling better. I usually crap out around 2 now.

I had the best Thanksgiving I've had in years this year.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-25 9:31 AM
another perfect weather day.  30's now, 50's later.  Think I'll run later so I can wear my lighter weight stuff one more time before winter.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-25 1:14 PM
Hey hey, 4.08 in 48 degrees and 12 mph winds.  Tooting my own horn as I thought I only had enough oomf for 3.  toot toot.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-25 3:08 PM
Toot all you want!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 3:09 PM
woot woot!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-25 9:59 AM
I don't typically post much here anymore for a variety of reasons. Most of you I am friends with on FB. However today, I had to unfriend a former forumite (he hasn't posted here in a long while). I am very disappointed because I thought he was a man of honor and integrity. Please remember when you guys repost/share memes, do the research before you do so because very often (especially in a religious/political area) they are very often misleading or flat out lies. I don't care what side of the political or religious spectrum you fall on, but when you are deliberately (and that's after nicely being shown easily found proof that the item in question is wrong) leaving up the meme and deleting the true statement, you are deliberating spreading misinformation or lies that can and do often facilitate the divisiveness and tension that we have in our country. It is NOT helpful and makes you less and you lose honor and integrity. Something our country needs more of.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-25 11:36 AM
sorry that happened.  Research is essential with social media stories.  It seems so many of us have lost the skill for polite debate.:sad:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-25 12:37 PM
Truly. Interestingly I had a debate with a guy who normally is a total PITA but he set it aside to talk with me on a mutual friend's post and we both learned something! I was shocked he had it in him. In this case, the forumite just disregarded what I was saying because it didn't go with his point of view and he apparently would rather believe the lie :meh: John's two uncles got unfriended last winter for the same reason. One of them told my MIL I did it because I couldn't handle his "teasing". Uhm there was no teasing at all. I told the other uncle that his mother was rolling in her grave at his behavior after he told me to get a life. Gotta love it.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-25 1:12 PM
I didn't unfriend, but I unfollowed one of my siblings.:roll:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-25 2:54 PM
I have unfollowed and made the friend status to acquaintance so that I do not see J's relatives for the most part. With his uncles, they were just so diametrically opposed to anything remotely rational that I just unfriended them because they are not MY relatives.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 3:08 PM
I know it's hard with a relative. But since Morgan's illness, I have become extremely selective with anyone I friend. (I could never understand seeing a child so sick and not sending some kind words) The information I do share is private and not for the world to see. I do not get my kicks off a large friend base. Frankly those who I do not interact with on FB get the boot at some point in time.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-11-26 12:09 PM
I can completely understand.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-25 3:09 PM
I unfollow my MIL :laugh:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-11-26 12:08 PM
Mine isn't on FB because she likes to play the martyr card of "I'm always the last to know anything" or "no one tells me anything". Well if she were ON FB she'd be current and in the know.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-25 3:10 PM
Well I power walked 4.5 miles with my friend and we went through downtown to look at all the vendors setting up.  Christmas is coming to my town!  Read all about it here https://boernedickensonmain.com/

Ok I started a 500 piece puzzle last night and I'm almost finished.  I like to do it because it keeps my occupied but it is a time sucker!  Now I need to get away.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Small Business Saturday - 11/25