Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Thanksgiving Eve
- - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-22 7:28 AM
Ok peeps. Lets hear it. What you doing today? Tomorrow? Rest of the weekend?

Bonus question: Favorite thanksgiving food?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 7:32 AM
Good morning!

Today I am finishing up cleaning my house, delivering a gift to the church, picking up tamales that came from the valley and hope to get a workout.  Now these tamales are supposed to be very, very good.  I hope they are!

Bonus -- sweet potato casserole with lots of marshmallows and pecans!

The rest of the weekend.  Not too sure but I'd like to watch the movie "Wonder."

Grateful for all of you and this forum that helps keep me sane!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-22 8:14 AM
Grateful for all of you and this forum that helps keep me sane!

If you are relying on us, you are in trouble :wink:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:43 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:12 AM
ahh...tamales.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:44 PM
The tamales were delicious.  They were from this place  https://www.deliastamales.com/  I had read about them and people just raved about them.  One of my fellow parishioners moved up from the valley and she went this weekend.  She came stocked with tamales!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-22 8:12 AM
I'm going to be lazy today and not do anything (except work all day.) :roll:

I have a 5k tomorrow morning in Huntington, then I'll stop at Bob Evans on the way home to pick-up our "thanksgiving feast."

I guess my favorite food is the stuffing, but it needs to be with the turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy to be really good.

I don't know what I'll do the rest of the weekend. I could work some or just sit around and read with a run wedged in here and there. I may take some time and try to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-22 8:19 AM
I need to find a new job or quit. This one is driving me nuts.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:13 AM
stuffing and mashed potatoes side by side with gravy over all.:happy:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:41 PM
I like your last sentence. I have enough years in to retire after this school year, but probably won't because I don't know what I would do with the rest of my life.  Run strong tomorrow!
Dave

I can't imagine you ever being lazy.  You are always doing something.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-22 8:17 AM
Running streak is 7 years today.
Ran 9.09 miles this morning. Working today. Turkey prepping tonight. cooking 3 turkeys tomorrow. 38 people for dinner this year. tables are set already.

Hitting the gym around 5 tomorrow morning, once i put turkey #1 in the oven, then running home. Guests start arriving around 1pm. Dinner at 4 or so.

Working Friday. Not sure what we are doing for the weekend.

Bonus: My new favorite is this Peruvian Turkey i have been making the last few years. Also love pumpkin and apple pie.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-22 8:58 AM
Congratulations on hitting 7 years.

Our Planet Fitness is closed tomorrow (not that I was planning on going.)
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-22 9:06 AM
thanks.
the one we go to is open tomorrow until 1pm. so Sam and I are going in the morning like normal. it reopens on Friday at 7am
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:14 AM
Congratulations Mr. Streaker.  It takes a good combination of dedication and craziness to pull that off.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:15 AM
38 for Thanksgiving.  I guess Bowie will make the traffic reports tomorrow.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:39 PM
Happyi streaking anniversary.  Seriously, good job.  Here's to another 7 years of healthy daily running.
Congratulations on the streak!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-22 9:05 AM
because i am a dork. i pulled info from my online training log about the streak

19,700 total miles
Best year 3,236 miles
Worst Year 2,240 miles
daily avg 7.7 miles
Weekly avg 54 miles
Monthly avg 234 miles
Yearly avg 2814 miles
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:06 AM
Go ahead and quit your job.  You have all the makings of a great accountant.  With tax season right around the corner the job market is plentiful.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:17 AM
In 2019 or so you should have run "around the world".  I think that is cause for a big honkin party.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:12 AM
Well.....today I went to morning mass, braved the grocery store, and still need to run.
Tomorrow: cooking, running, eating, and minding my temper.
Rest of the weekend: hanging out with Amy.

Bonus: warm dinner rolls with lots of butter.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:45 PM
Our daily Mass was at 6:15 this morning! 

Enjoy hanging out with Amy.  Is she enjoying her job?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:28 PM
That's a bit early!  We have 3 churches so I can pick from 7, 7:30, or 8:30.

Amy is a little bored right now.  She was hired during their slow season which makes sense for training purposes.  After the first of the year she will long for these lazy days.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 2:26 PM
We have one and the other two are about 10 miles north and south.  Our times change on a daily basis -- Mon 6:30 pm; Tues - 8:30 am; Wed and Thur - 6:15 am and Friday 10:00.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-22 10:27 AM
I had a nice run this morning, sure not many miles.  9 years ago today was that long run on the AT and C&O tow path with a few other forumites.  How did I get to now where 3 miles is a goal.:wtf::wtf: 

Last night was our interfaith Thanksgiving service.  A favorite of mine where Jew, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, and more all come together to give thanks.  I'm thankful for Newark.

Small Thanksgiving gathering. Me Lynda Aunt Shirley and her care giver.    Favorite food is leftovers.

Black Friday I have the Black Friday Thanksgiving Leftover Feast  I ask people to bring leftovers.  No idea what shows up....3 turkeys and 5 loaves of pumpkin bread.   All of the typical support places in town are closed, so 50 or 60 of my close friends will show up. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-22 11:11 AM
9 years ago.  One of the greatest feats I have ever witnessed as you somehow dug deep and got in under the 12 hour time limit.  You were losing ground at every check point and I was pretty concerned you would come close but not make it.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-22 11:38 AM
Had it in the bag the whole way:laugh::laugh::laugh:    I still tell my friends how I hooked up Lynda with some internet friend of mine.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:37 PM
That was a great day!  Your photo at JFK on FB popped up on FB in my memories.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:46 PM
Oh if I lived nearby, I would definitely take you my leftovers.  You are the most thoughtful generous individual I know.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-22 11:10 AM
I was headed outside yesterday, taking the route through the garage, and I smelled someone having a fire going.  I was wishing I lived where I could have a fire-pit outside but as I walked through the garage to open outdoors, the smell diminished and that made me curious as to why it smelled like a fire in may garage.

After a minute I figured the smell was coming through my dryer exhaust. :roll:

So this morning, I took the pieces apart, vacuumed it all out, and put it back together.  I ended up needing a quick trip to Home Depot for a new piece of flexible tubing because the old one was fraying at the ends.  A pretty big chunk of lint and stuff came out of the old flexible tube so I hope that was the only problem.  Cindy has been doing some laundry this morning and I have been checking it every 10 minutes.  The pleasant burning smell is gone and nothing I did has fallen apart (yet).

I looked on-line and they suggested cleaning the dryer exhaust tubes at least once a year.  I wonder how many years this one has gone.  At least 2.2 since we moved in.

Past houses we had, the dryer vent only went a few feet to the outside and it wasn't an issue.  This one takes a winding path and I'll have to be more careful in the future.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-22 11:35 AM
A little scary about the dryer.  Good work on your part.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:46 PM
Glad you caught the issue early.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:48 PM
Did my workout video and accomplished all of my tasks that required me leaving the house.  Now I can concentrate on my household chores.

It is nice and sunny and the rest of the week should hold the same.  Yea!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:29 PM
skip the chores, turn on the Hallmark channel and put your feet up.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 2:25 PM
Girl if I did that, then I really wouldn't get anything done.  I have made my cranberry sauce, a cucumber salad and made room in the outside fridge for the beer!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 2:57 PM
I've washed the china and have the table set.  Amy gets to polish the silverware tomorrow.  And I ate all my cranberries before I got them into a sauce.:laugh:  Everywhere except the kitchen has been dusted and vacuumed.  I'm done.  Not even taking Misha for her 4 o'clock walk.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 3:05 PM
My kitchen will have to wait until tomorrow also.  Really not much to do but I'll wait till everything is prepared and then I'll 'surface' clean it.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:52 PM
I ran 20.15 trail miles this morning.  It was a good run, but I've been home for 90 minutes and haven't moved off the couch.  Time to find something to eat.

Ryan is driving home tonight.  He is working today so probably will be close to 10:00 when he gets here. 

Melissa is cooking for us.  Sweet potato casserole, without marshmallows, is one of my favorites.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 12:57 PM
20.15 Miles -- you can definitely handle all the eating tomorrow.

Wishing Ryan safe travels home. 

No marshmallows on your sweet potato casserole?  What about pecans?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-22 2:19 PM
Thanks.  I like pecans.  I never liked marshmallows even in my cereal.  I don't like marshmallows period.  If we ate dinner together I would give you the marshmallows that were on my casserole.:laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-22 2:24 PM
And I would gladly take them!

Sometimes when I make a cup of hot chocolate, I just cover it with marshmallows.  Remember Lucky Charm cereal?  My Mom would get so mad at me because I would eat all of the marshmallows.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:29 PM
Nice run!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Thanksgiving Eve