Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Whipped up into a frenzy Wednesday
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 5:41 AM
I needed this day off.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 6:03 AM
Hitting the treadmill before starting my to do list. Going to try one of the treadmill workouts in RW. It's a 3,2,1 minute speed/recovery run. I will probably do the 3,2,1 3x if I can stand it. I need a longer run.

I really hope to get some stuff done today so I can relax tomorrow.

I'm meeting a friend who was working packet pickup and insisted on getting my race packet for me to save me the longer drive to get it. I also have to clean my car. It's depressing me. It's not messy by most standards but it's one of the few places in my life I like to keep super clean and free of clutter. Of course, it's also a car so that's not always possible but I try super hard. :roll:

Happy Thanksgiving and Good luck to all racing-even if it's just "for fun"!:grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-22 7:45 AM
Who else but runners would run just "for fun"? :laugh::laugh:
Let us know how you like the RW workout. Well, maybe not LIKE it, but judge it. :grin: Libraries are now hosting sites where you can read stuff like RW and Yoga Journal for free. Ours has Flipster. We can use our library card number to access them.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 3:57 PM Edited 2017-11-22 4:10 PM
I don't know why but RW is only real (paper subscription) magazine I'll pay for. I liked the workout simple mentally but challenging physically.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-11-22 12:06 PM
Ugh car washing. We're in the period where there's zero point getting it washed as it'll be filthy from the snow melt 24 hours later but in the interim it's disgusting with lights blurry and dirt transferred to you if you even look at it :meh: I was hoping to hold out and just do a single pre-winter wash but I'm not sure I can stand it for another 2-3 weeks
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:08 PM
When is your race? I hope you get to relax.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 3:57 PM
8:30 tomorrow. 10K. i secretly hope everyone is doing the 5K. I do better competing against myself and total strangers.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-22 7:49 AM
Tuesday I started out to do all the holiday shopping and finished! I got cabin socks and cabin gloves for myself, then went down to run in the park for 35 minutes. I forgot my inhaler and it was a harder run for that reason.
Today I’m planning a run down in the park if it’s not slippery. Not sure yet.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-11-22 12:07 PM
Yay on finishing holiday shopping :cool: I'm done too...although since I don't do any that's not really anything to be proud of :laugh:

Good luck on the no-slip run
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:07 PM
Great job getting your shopping done!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 4:00 PM
I need to start holiday shopping now so it will be on my terms. I don't mind a little Christmas rush when most of my shopping is done.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-11-22 8:08 AM
I did manage a walk today. Still recovering. Bleh. I guess its' ok if I get sick once a year.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-11-22 12:07 PM
Once a year is pretty good. Hope you feel better soon :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-22 12:54 PM
Good work on taking the walk. Hope it's once a year or less for sickness! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:07 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 4:01 PM
I think taking it easy makes sense. You have been pretty dedicated recently.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-11-22 12:03 PM
Since there was some agreement that pilates is exercise...I'm reporting a pilates class last night :laugh: It was the "rehab" class so imagine 8 broken-differently people all able to do 90% of the class but different 90%s. It's hysterical and fun and comforting. 

Anyway, the really good news is that afterwards I felt better and slept with almost no pain. Even this morning I feel in less pain although there were a few minutes while getting ready for work that I had to sit down because I thought my leg would collapse. Early morning & late afternoon seem to be the worst times so I'll hold off declaring this a step forward until I see how tonight is. But we did piriformis stretching exercises and I know the upper leg pain I get is from piriformis syndrome (aka psuedo-sciatica) so it makes sense that it would've helped. But interestingly my foot feels less numb as well, and that's caused entirely by the S1 impingement (aka real sciatica) so apparently that was eased which is fantastic. Two for one!

For now I'm enjoying the heat pad on my desk chair as it's ~10F outside and snowing. I don't think there's any question that this most recent flare up has been exacerbated by the cold
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-22 12:53 PM
Good to see ya! :grin: Exercise is exercise. There are no forms to fill out to be here. :laugh:
Good work on the pilates class and that's great it went well and helped!
Yes, cold does a lot of potential pain for sure.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:03 PM
Have you tried those heat wraps? They have been a blessing for me. Game changer for my back. I hope you heal quickly.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-11-22 1:31 PM
It's my butt and left foot that need the heat so an electric pad on my chair and sometimes a putting my foot on a hot water bottle seems to work. Those wraps look amazing for shoulders & upper back though :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 4:03 PM
I remember doing workouts when I was injured/recovering. It's tough and progress is not always clearly linear. Hang in there.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:06 PM
Nothing for me, but I'm hopefully that I will be running either tomorrow or Friday. My back still is achy, but much better. I've been using those heat wraps and it seems to help. Ever since Oreo passed, his sister Callie has been snuggling more. Does she know, or does she feel that she has more freedom in the bedroom? She never came to bed this much. Not sure if my boys bothered her. They didn't fight and she roams about our house freely, not even bothered by the dogs. I need to snuggles so I am happy. Looking forward to the time off.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 4:08 PM
Daisy and I bonded after Buddy passed. I grew to appreciate her more from those times. She is still with us , but slowing down a little. Now we have Winston and I feel blessed at all the wonderful pets I have had in my life. I think having more than one pet makes things easier.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-22 9:01 PM
Oh yes. We have Fernanda who is a lovely cat but definitely does not like to be picked up. It is easier that we have Gwen, Hrhiow, and Iota.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-22 1:30 PM
Did a 50 minute walk today.  Didn't want to go but it's beautiful out there.  Told myself I didn't have to run, just had to get out there.  Figured I'd run some but I just didn't feel like it.  So I speed walked and called it a day.  It's better than nothing.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-22 4:09 PM
You got out there. I think moving forward is the object.
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-22 8:59 PM
What day off?

WFH today and tried to keep up with all emails, though I will need to do some work on Saturday.

3 approximately to the grocery store today, made purchases and headed back home.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Whipped up into a frenzy Wednesday