Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Thanksgiving Eve, Eve - Tuesday 11/21
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-21 8:56 AM
Holidays on the forum get me thinking of Michele who liked Thanksgiving more than any of them and there was Lori who somehow got us started on the "Eve, Eve" thing but I don't remember how that happened.

Please go to the grocery store today and stand in such a way to block people from getting up and down the aisles.  That seems to be what everyone else is doing.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-21 9:01 AM
This morning was a day at the gym for me, followed by a quick trip to Walmart to pick up some things I forgot or that Krogers didn't have in stock yesterday.  If you are going grocery shopping this week, early morning sure is nicer than noon.  Krogers was a mad house yesterday.

I was hoping for a quiet 3 day week at work and then all creation went bonkers yesterday. Luckily I had a good night's sleep so I could handle things without getting discouraged or threatening to quit. 

I'll be mopping up today and tomorrow and then hopefully will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving without having nagging thoughts of what still needs to be completed.

Cindy's mom can't really go anywhere anymore and we don't like to cook big meals so we ordered a "Bob Evans Feast for Four" for Thanksgiving.  I'll pick it up on my way home from the morning 5k. We got the ham feast which comes with a lot of sdes.  I picked up a turkey breast at Krogers and we'll cook that too so people who like turkey better than ham (me) will have a choice.  Hopefully Cindy's mom will be at least up to lunch together.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-21 9:46 AM
I hear from Michele and Lori each a couple times a year.  Michele and I talk about kids, Lori and I about dogs. :grin:  I do love that Michele would single out Thanksgiving and make sure it got it's proper time in the limelight before Christmas.  I also love your grocery store sentiments Dave.  I'm really going to push patience and go tomorrow.

I don't know how many ways there are to say Illinois is cold dreary and damp this November.  Yesterday we got Indian Summer I guess since there was sun for a change and we almost hit 60 degrees.  Today is back to 30's and drizzle and windchill in the 20's.  Kind of takes my running mojo away.  The plan is to grab some of the Popsugar workout stuff Karen talked of and get an 'at home' workout in.

I am excited for Thanksgiving so happy eve eve to everyone!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-21 9:53 AM
Lori liked Groundhog's Day. That might have been the first time she used the Eve, Eve thing.

Lifted at the gym for an hour this morning with Sam. Ran home, Dawn 10k (6.23).
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-21 11:43 AM
Hola!

I have done my PW, mowed the front lawn and now I need to shower and run errands.

Have a good day!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-21 2:47 PM
We shop at Kroger's and went Friday.  It was packed and an obstacle course getting through that place with a cart.

Ryan is driving home tomorrow night for Thanksgiving.  We haven't seen him since August, so I'm excited. 

8 miles this morning.  Hoping to run long on the trails tomorrow morning.  No work until Monday!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-21 3:20 PM
Hey Mike, skip over to the L&O forum and find Arimathea's San Joaquin 50k post.  It's a long, great report.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Thanksgiving Eve, Eve - Tuesday 11/21