Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make it work on Monday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-20 7:18 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-20 7:44 AM
--My doctor sent me the results of the MRIs at 7:54 a.m. on Sunday. He is so thoughtful. :hug: Brain one is completely normal which rules out anything serious like MS. :cool: The cervical spine shows normal wear and tear. There is mild to moderate narrowing from C3-C6 but he does not feel like it is enough to warrant the trouble I’ve been having with my arms/hands. He said it’ll be interesting to see what the neurologist says.

--I have to say the past week has probably been the best I’ve felt (minus a heavy dose of Prednisone) in the past 4 months. There are still issues but not to the degree that they were.

--Meadow over did it yesterday. Crawling all over a big woodpile hunting for mice. She could hardly move last night. Iowa picked her up and put her on the couch. She stayed there all night. He tried to lift her off this morning and she growled and whimpered. I finally stacked up  several of her pillows and made a makeshift ramp from the couch to the floor and she was able to crawl down. Poor girl. :sad::hug:

--I went to the Wonders of Wildlife Museum & Aquarium yesterday with Ana and her family. It was well beyond my expectations. Really quite unbelievable. It’ll put Springfield, MO on the map. The aquarium was better than the one in Monterey Bay, CA. Lots of cool, interactive stuff for the kids. We were there for almost 3 hours and it held the attention of a 4 and 6 year old the entire time if that tells you anything. They are going to be adding penguin, duck/fowl and bass fishing exhibits.

--I got a couple more registrations for the race. I think that puts us at 227. I was hopeful for at least 250 by race day. Not sure we’ll get that. I need to take over medals and trophies for next year. I’m not even going to comment nor am I going to let it bother me. :meh::roll:

--My apple pie test went perfect! Homemade crust and all. I plan to make one for Thanksgiving.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-20 8:32 AM
I'm glad you got the results so quickly to at least rule out the big and scary things. Sounds like nerve testing might be next?

Hope you hit 250!  I miss doing a Thanksgiving day race
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-20 8:34 AM
I have the appointment with the neurologist before the nerve test so it’ll be up to her whether to do that or not.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-20 8:44 AM
Took B to see Santa yesterday. It was such a great set up. It was an event put on by a realtor we've used and we got there a little early so we were first in line. Santa was just sitting up there waiting and we got to try for some pix although B was not happy to be held by someone else. This guy was a pro because before I put him down he's like try to get him to make eye contact with you to ease the transition but of course B just wanted to look at the decorations and Santa.....well until I handed him over

Does anyone know if you can use a gift card to buy other gift cards? I tried on Amazon one time and it didn't work (tried using Amazon gift card to buy a Starbucks gift card through Amazon). I have some wellness points I can cash in through work and could get Target gift cards that I would then like to use to buy some gift cards for daycare staff but not sure if it will work?

We have a recent grad joining our work in the spring - there are some eerie similarities to me. Same double major, played tennis in college (and #1 at that), same interest (market research). Except she will actually be working in the area she wants whereas I took a different turn :laugh:

Cleaning lady is super late today. It is a good thing she does a good job and is cheaper than most!

B will be transitioning to the big kids room at daycare soon. In theory he's supposed to be off bottles by then but this kid has no interest in a sippy cup. I brought one to daycare and was like good luck, maybe you guys can convince him

He is also in need of a haircut, bad. And his 1 year pictures kind of bummed me because his hair is super straight down in the front in them and it looks awful. I try to sweep it to the side a bit when I can bc it just looks dirty otherwise.  Poor kiddo.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-20 9:32 AM
In the Mexican culture you do not cut a child’s hair until they turn one. I just remember how bad Sebastian’s hair got. That kid had a lot of hair to start with so by the time he was a year old he had that 70’s shaggy look going on. :laugh:

Not sure on the gift card thing. I’d say just give it a shot and see what happens.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-20 10:16 AM
Some kids need a haircut way before 1, did they have to put his up in a man-bun?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-20 12:36 PM
They probably could have. :laugh: It was just everywhere!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make it work on Monday RTTs