Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / GO HARD, Monday, 20 Nov 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 7:14 AM
The day has arrived! It’s GO HARD - Globally Organized Hug A Runner Day. Visit hugarunner.com to send hugs & spread the love
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-20 7:18 AM
TWSS
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 7:35 AM
I knew you'd be the first reply.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-20 7:19 AM
9.07 miles this morning.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 7:34 AM
Dang, I am just on my second cup of coffee.  Will meet my friend at 8:30 for a PW.  It is cold so I need to wear tights this morning.  But the sun is out!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-20 7:54 AM
sigh. when you say go hard, you really mean sink deep into those couch  cushions right?

Giant food store this am. girl in school. boy hogging my couch spot.

cold. I don't understand why. I never told summer it could go home.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-20 8:24 AM
I was at Giant at 7:35. Beating the crowds of insanity.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 10:44 AM
and buying skinny food by the looks of your FB picture.:happy:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-20 11:30 AM
Nope, that's all camera angle! But I appreciate the thought. I've just finally lost what I had gained over the last year of medical mishaps and athletic crap. I'm actually on the high end of my weight range and would like to lose more to try to get to a more comfortable race weight.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 12:29 PM
regardless, you look happy!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 5:09 PM
Jen -- I think you are losing weight.  Your face looked very thin.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-11-21 7:44 AM
I did lose some. So far exactly what I've gained over the last year due to medical crap and burnout. Part of the reason it looks the way it did was due to the angle. If I took a pic straight on it wouldn't look that way.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-21 7:16 AM
nah girl you look good
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-11-21 7:45 AM
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 5:10 PM
Don't worry summer will be here before you know it!

I just returned from the grocery store.  A lot of people!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-11-21 7:16 AM
I spend my days wishing for summer. it's actually a shame
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-20 9:06 AM
I ran 4 this morning.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 10:48 AM
Good job Dave.  Hope the wind was at your back.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 5:09 PM
And how did you feel?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 10:06 AM
3.5 PW miles done and now it is off to the shower!  Need to finish my Thanksgiving cleaning and shopping.

I am sending all of you a big HUG!  :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 10:44 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 10:55 AM
my coconut carmel macaroons need some of your Go Hard advice.   They didn't set up.  I followed the recipe exactly except I went 1/2 butter and 1/2 margarine because I didn't have enough butter.   so they are carmel coconut puddles stuck to parchment paper.  I'm still going to drizzle the dark chocolate and sea salt but they are for family only due to the 'stuck to the paper' situation.   You might want to un-bookmark the recipe.:sad:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 5:09 PM
Oh no!  But did they taste good?  That is all that matters.

Was it humid?  I don't think the 1/2 butter/margarine would interfere with the setting.  Jen -- what do you think?

I'm still going to try them.  When I made macaroons 4 years ago, I tried 2 recipes -- neither one looked pretty but they tasted very good.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 6:34 PM
We've had a couple rainy weeks, but my furnace runs 24/7 this time of year so I don't think it was humid in the house.

They taste fabulous though.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 10:48 AM
kitty Love.   One room of Sh!tty Kitties.  Poor little guys; they are all in individual cages so as not to cross contaminate each other.  They have got it bad.:sad:

The rest though were happy and there are at least 3 that I want to adopt.  Shh.  Don't tell my husband.

For some reason good weather has come.  50 degrees and sunny though just for today.  Gonna wash 3 weeks of funk off my car.

really good/cold run yesterday.  Best in a long time.  Yoga love for my sore quads later this afternoon.:happy::happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 5:07 PM
I honestly don't know how you clean up after kitties.  I would be puking from the get-go.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 6:30 PM
Speaking of puke:  I had everything scooped, swept, straightened and ready to go.  All the toys were on the counter so I could mop the floor.  Naughty Cat jumps up on the top of the cupboard above the counter and leans over and hurls on all the toys and a few pieces of clean bedding.  Grrr.   Redid the room and as I'm walking out realize there is also cat vomit on my shoe and I have tracked all over the clean floor.  :roll::roll:  They are worse than kids.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-20 2:29 PM
One more day of work and then I'm off work until next Monday. 

I ran my usual 8 this morning.  25F.  Coldest morning of the season, but little wind so it was a good morning run.

Friday at the high school where Makayla is a senior, there was a threat found in one of the bathrooms that this week there would be a "Columbine 2" shooting.  Police investigated, it made the local TV news, and Makayla said many students were not going to school today.  Makayla went to school.  This was probably some kid just being stupid, but this stuff isn't funny.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-20 5:06 PM
You are right, that stuff is not funny at all.

25 degrees -- that is cold.  Glad it was  good run.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-20 6:32 PM
I hope Makayla was ok today.  I hate that we can't ignore that kind of stuff.   I was listening to a story on NPR this morning about lack of consequences for so many different bad behaviors.  Things can't change without consequences.   I hope they found the student that made the threat.  I hope he/she has some kind of punishment.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / GO HARD, Monday, 20 Nov 2017