Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday 11/17 - The month is 56.7% done
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-17 6:43 AM
Good morning.

How's it going?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-17 6:52 AM
I ordered a new mp3 player and it was delivered last night. A SanDisk Clip Jam which is what I've had in the past (and put through the wash.)

I loaded up some podcasts this morning and then headed to the park for 4 miles.

Hoping for a simple day at work. I took some time to get organized yesterday and I would like to just work my way down my list without interruption. :roll:  I guess it is just setting me up for disappointment by having unreasonable expectations.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-17 7:12 AM
So is an mp3 player basically an Ipod?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-17 1:08 PM
yes. decent and not a lot of $$
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-17 9:27 AM
SanDisk is a pretty good brand I think.  I have a flash drive of theirs that I've used since flash drives were invented.  What are some of your favorite podcasts?  I haven't found more than one or 2 that I really like.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-17 3:18 PM
If you want a reason to keep running farther : pbbt: Audiobooks are my new found love. Not for running of course, since I don't do that, :laugh: but while driving or now working on this remodel, it's pretty great to have a book read to you!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-17 7:03 AM
Cold and breezy this morning.  I got in my 8 miles. 

It's Friday and next week is a two-day work week, so that is a good feeling. 

Melissa and I are going to the grocery store after work.  We may go grab dinner somewhere after grocery shopping.  That has been sort of a Friday routine for a while now. 

I would like to run trails tomorrow morning, but it looks like rain moving in tomorrow mid-morning.  It'll probably be an early morning road run, unless the forecast changes.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-17 7:12 AM
Yea for the 8 miles; 2 day work week coming up and dinner with your wife!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-17 7:16 AM
Dave asks "How's it going?"  Well anytime I sign onto the forum and the daily is ready for me to post, well that just is a plus to the day!

Going to the park with my friend for a long hike.  We are doing a canyon gorge hike with the library next month and we need to be prepared.  https://canyongorge.org/tour

Need to clean and get my house ready for Thanksgiving.   I will have 15 guests and tend to get a bit nervous.  My house is not huge but my heart is!  I will have room for everyone to sit and if the weather is nice, then I have the patio and yard to enjoy.

Enjoy your Friday!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-17 9:25 AM
I can't imagine that your house needs much cleaning.  Dear Lord, if I had 15 guest they would have to sit on the floor!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-17 3:20 PM
I don't even have a dining room, I have or will have, two stools at my peninsula! :laugh:
Pretty sure 15 wouldn't fit in here. :wink: They'd be stacked up like cord wood!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-17 9:23 AM
I love the title of this daily.  Thanks for the first laugh of my day!

Our football team is in the semi finals for the state tournament.  This has never happened before.  Some of the football moms learned of a man in hospice who played on our 1950 team.  They got him a jersey and ordered up a table full of pizza and the whole team went to the nursing home and had lunch with him yesterday.  I watched video on Facebook; it was a tear jerker.  With so much bad in the world this kind of thing cheers my heart.

Yoga today; running in snowflakes tomorrow.:shocker!:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-17 1:09 PM
The Dawn 10k is complete. 6.27 to be precise.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-17 1:31 PM
very precise.

and not too bad for someone who is 53 yrs and 1 day old.   Happy belated birthday!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-17 2:20 PM
HAHA thanks. halfway to 106 baby!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-17 2:30 PM
:cool::laugh::cool:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-17 2:11 PM
Belated Birthday greetings Rob!  How did we miss it yesterday?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-17 2:21 PM
well i tried to skip it :laugh:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-17 3:21 PM
You're a youngster!

Happy birthday! :hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-17 3:05 PM
My friend and I hiked 5.39 miles!  We did the lower elevation and boy what a difference from last month's hike.

The park rules clearly state no pets. Well we ran into 2 young men with dogs and they smelled like they were high on pot.   One dog was a pitbull and I don't recall the breed of the other dog.  One of the dogs had already pooped on the paved trail section.  I am glad we encountered them at the end as we would have felt unsafe. There were other hikers/runners/walkers, but still it is scary.  We ran into a female park ranger as we were exiting and advised her of the individuals.  We asked if she was alone and she said no.  I hope she was not lying to us as I would not want for her to get hurt.

Ok that is it from here!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-17 3:23 PM
Woo Hoo, good workout!  I really hate it when dog owners don't clean up.  It is not that difficult to keep a plastic bag in your pocket just in case.  I understand that sometimes you might not notice it, but when they poop on a paved trail....grrr.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday 11/17 - The month is 56.7% done