Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 8:46 AM
Come on folks -- if I start the daily, it will be a boring topic!

Post away...
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-15 10:10 AM
I ran 8.89 miles this morning. Cold out but no wind and the sun was rising. all in all a good running day.

Dominc turns 16 today. He requested burgers on the grill and french fries.

Tomorrow I turn 53, but I am skipping that. : pbbt: I did tell Sam that today was her last chance to sleep with a 52 year-old :wink::roll:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-15 10:28 AM
Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday Eve!  Sam is very lucky.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-15 11:57 AM
Happy Birthday to all you kids!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 12:55 PM
Happy Birthday to Dominic!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-15 10:27 AM
My run is on hold.....as is most of my morning.   I have spent much of the last few hours listening to very annoying hold music.  Dealing with different billing agencies, mostly for Aunt Shirley.   Hopefully will run this afternoon.  I like Nov afternoon runs.  Leafing also beckons.  Heavy drop today with accumulations of about an inch per hour.

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 9:50 PM
I went to help with another church mailing and was there from 9:00 till about 1:00.  Then I had some HOA tasks to do.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-15 12:01 PM
Bodysculpt, home edition today.  I hit all the major muscle groups so I can check 'workout' off my list.

Anyone see the Duke MSU basketball game last night?  Oh my goodness, that was some good college ball.  And it ended before my bedtime.  Always a plus.  Didn't stay up for the Kentucky game, sorry Dottie.

Food shopping next.  Dog walking too.  35mph winds, Misha and I will have to hold tight to each other so as not to blow away.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 9:51 PM
I need to start watching college basketball games to get ready for March Madness!

I too went to the grocery store but didn't buy much.  Just enough for dinner tonight and Friday.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 12:58 PM
I wonder if you guys can help me.  We have a church member that has lost about 80% of her hearing and the hearing aids just don't help her. 

She loves to participate in book clubs, but of course has a hard time hearing the discussion. 

Do you know of any devices/tablets that will convert speech to text so that she can read it.  Am I making sense?

Thanks for your help!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-15 2:03 PM
both Google Play (for android phones) and Apple have apps on there App stores that convert speech to text. Maybe check those out...read reviews etc.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 9:51 PM
My brother found an app and I have forwarded to the individual.  I hope it works for her!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-15 1:51 PM
30° and foggy this morning but at least I procrastinated long enough that it was getting light outside and I wouldn't need my headlamp.

3.67 pretty good miles.  I was doing my usual old man shuffle when I saw 2 guys coming from the other direction.  They seemed to be running easy but their leg turnover looked like it was double of mine, so I decide to step quicker to the end.  I covered the last mile or so in close to my 5k pace just by taking quicker steps. I guess I need to work on that and make it my normal pace.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 9:52 PM
We had fog this morning also.

"old man shuffle" -- come on, you are not old!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-15 9:49 PM
Um...I didn't workout today.  But I did walk to the pool and back.  About 1.5 miles round trip.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017