Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Atwitter Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-11-14 7:04 AM
Post.:happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-14 7:07 AM
This is going to be one of those days. :meh:
Monday I had a good 50 minute run down in the park. Knee bothered me a little afterward.
Today I hope to run down in the park after an errand. I'll need to wear the knee strap so a clothing adjustment will be necessary. I've added 5 minutes to my daily runs.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-14 7:20 AM
I've added 5 minutes to my daily runs? Is this a confession?
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-11-14 8:27 AM
Remember the Thursday Confessional Threads?  :laugh:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:40 AM
We should revive them!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-14 2:27 PM
Yes! :laugh:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:40 AM
Hey, Judy! *waving*
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-14 7:12 AM
I overslept. No running was planned, lots of other things. So here I go...
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-14 2:28 PM
Amen!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:50 PM
I made it.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-14 7:59 AM
Leg day at the trainer this morning.  Man, he expects me to be awake AND coordinated!  Today was sumo squat over a box and then jump up on the box.  And lots of other things, but that one required a lot of coordination and concentration.  That's not exactly my strong suit at 7am.  I only banged my leg once, so I'm happy with that. 

Tonight I'll run/walk on the track while DS1 has baseball.

Some day they'll finish repaving my route to trainer/work so I can bike again.  As it is, the road has been torn up for a few weeks now, and it's just getting worse.  Not sure what their deal is, but it's really cramping my biking routine.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-11-14 8:27 AM
sumo squat over a box and then jump up on the box  :cry: <shudder>

Hope the road gets fixed.  I don't remember where you live (thinking Georgia for some reason) but up here in PA the road work slows to a glacial pace from now until April.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:56 AM
Yeah, Georgia.  They've started some of the repaving but it feels like it's inches a day.  They're going to get shutdown soon if they don't get it done.  That would totally suck.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:41 AM
"sumo squat" meaning you are going farther down than 90 degrees?
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:55 AM
No!  That would kill my knees.  Sumo squats have your feet further apart to work the inner thighs more.  So my feet were on each side of the box, toes turned 45* out, squat and then explode up into a jump on the box.  The jump up was sort of like the legs together jump in a jumping jack, but up onto the box.  It was a fun exercise, but sort of scary because the box isn't that big and I'm not to coordinated in the morning.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-14 10:08 AM
:shocker!: I could manage the squat (though not too far down, knees don't like them) but then jump onto a box? Not if the box was more than 3 inches high.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-14 10:47 AM
Box was aout 12-15 inches tall.  Honestly, I'm completely surprised I could do them.  I only tried them because so far David hasn't asked me to do anything I just couldn't do - lots of things have been hard, but I could do them.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-14 2:35 PM
That sounds really challenging. :shocker!:
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-14 3:05 PM
My inner thighs are saying "holy cow, this sucks".  I dread tomorrow morning, I might not be able to sit down. :laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:50 PM
I'm a Firm believer they should fix one part of the street before they tear up another.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:50 AM
Going to yoga today. I did yoga and a nice 5K run and then sword drills yesterday, and raking. I feel like a tender snowflake these days because that was enough to make my muscles sore. I am not at all as physically active on a daily basis as I used to be when I was living in VA. This is not a bad thing, considering how much I used to HAVE to do on a daily basis, but it is weird.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:52 PM
Just think less effort with more impact. I swear the body develops a tolerance for exercise.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-14 12:43 PM
hola friends.  I need to jump on the treadmill at 4:30 on the dot, no messing around.  I had my first prenatal appt this morning, that ended up starting late and going long, and I had to drive through rush hour traffic to get there, so I lost my morning running window.  I'm hoping I don't have my mid afternoon first trimester exhaustion crash, like I have the past couple of days, because tomorrow is my all day class day with no running time on either end.  I think I'll bargain with myself - I can start out by fast walking and if I feel up to it I'll bump up the speed to slow running, to get to 4 miles. The promise of trashy TV is always what gets me on the Running Machine of Extreme Boredom.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-14 4:50 PM
I did it! 5 miles thanks to "the great British baking show: masterclass" and "Gilmore girls."
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:53 PM
I'm glad you were able to run. Hail to the treadmill and ypu of course too!
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-14 10:09 AM
3.2 with RN, we didn't have time for more but it was good to see her. Cool run. I looked for the planets NSF mentioned yesterday but didn't see them, we had a light cloud cover this morning.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:55 PM
I saw it mentioned somewhbut wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking for.:wtf:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-14 11:06 PM
Venus and Jupiter in conjunction, so without looking it up I am guessing somewhere in the eastern sky just before dawn.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Atwitter Tuesday dailies