Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thinking about it Tuesdays RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:43 AM
: pbbt:As in I'm thinking about trying a short run tonight.....because I have the time
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:54 AM
So BINGO last night at school was so fun! There were 10 games. Each card had three boards. I had 3 cards so 9 boards per game:mischief::mischief: Q had 2 cards, Rip had 1, my mom had 3:laugh: We were all over the place. Tj played a few and then was over it so he colored all the losing cards. Didn't win a damned thing :pout: This other family was at the table. Their dad was like me. Competitive and 'I don't like this game' "these numbers suck" "this guy can't draw numbers":laugh::laugh: We had a blast huffing and puffing. :laugh: Can't wait for next year!

So, even though my foot was sore and hurting a bit after soccer with my daughter Sunday, I had no residual pain yesterday and felt great. So.......he he he:blush: Since Ripley's soccer practice is canceled tonight I thought she and I might go for a base run. I'll probably walk alot, but still.....see how it goes:cool:

Or should I wait until ?

Or Rip and I could do a yoga video/workout video on netflix/amazon. Maybe some core stuff. Yoga might help my feet. Maybe Tj would join us:laugh:

Talked to Q about the tax issue and health insurance. This might be the last year he claims one of the kids. He is ok and understands.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-14 7:31 AM
Be careful with the foot. When I had that ankle tendonitis workout videos seemed to aggravate it more than anything. Just listen to your body.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:53 AM
I think Rip and I will just try out a yoga video or something. Besides, it will be inside and warm:happy:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-14 7:53 AM
The smart move would probably be to wait on the run until you're consistently pain free.  Notice I said the smart move, not necessarily the Mickey D move.  :laugh:  Seriously though, I'd hate to see you have to be back in the boot, I know how much you hated it.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:54 AM
I'm voting for warm and tv, so yoga or some video it is:cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-14 6:56 AM
Am I the only one who sees the L&O post "Books, what are you reading?" and thinks :wtf: Books don't read. :blush:

Bugs me:blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-14 7:43 AM
--I’m up to 139 for the race. Tomorrow at 5 p.m. is the cut off to get a shirt. I sure would like to get at least 61 more by then.

--Kim is going to give me my massage today when I get done with work. So nice of her to work with my screw ups. :hug:

--Our local book group is this weekend. I’m in charge of a dessert. I want to make pies for Thanksgiving (homemade crusts) so I think I’m going to practice with an apple pie this weekend and see how it goes.

--Iowa’s boss had to have his nuts removed. Vasectomy gone wrong. :shocker!::cry: After Iowa told me this he was like, “He’s really going to get fat now”. :wtf: I’m thinking, the guy is not a dog. :laugh::laugh:

--Got the rest of our property taxes (vehicles, trailer, motorcycle) yesterday. This time of year sucks. Between those, farm insurance, massage liability insurance and office building insurance that is about $4K. All of which are due within 30 days of one another. :cry:

--I lost a pound. A pound. :roll: Why can’t that be 15?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-14 7:50 AM
I'm glad you're able to still get the massage. 

I'm guessing there will be a lot of last minute race sign ups who will then complain about not getting a shirt.  :meh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-14 8:20 AM
You’re exactly right on the shirt. Last year I placed a second order for shirts for those who registered late. When that order came in I sorted the shirts according to size and put them in bags with their names (many were families) on them, contacted the people and told them where they could pick them up. Only about 25% of the shirts were retrieved. Evidently they don’t care that much about getting a shirt. I thought about ordering extras but I’m not even going to do that. I’m prepared to listen to some bitching. I’m good with that. : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:55 AM
A pound is a start:grin:

Apple pie!  YUM!

The guy is not a dog:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry about all the taxes and insurance. :sad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-14 8:09 AM
*I'm thinking about putting up the Christmas lights today.  It's supposed to be 46 and right now the sun is shining too. If I don't put them up today, I will end up putting them up on a day when it's 34 and precipitating probably. 

*I hate putting them up, but that 2 hours of hassle equals a month and a half of enjoyment, so bring on the hassle I guess.

*My dog was such a bad girl last night.  :mutmad:  She attempted to steal a pork chop off a plate Bill left on the edge of the counter.  :mutmad:  And about 15 minutes after that she went after the cat hardcore.  :mutmad:  She is just fine with the outdoors cat, the indoors cat, she hates.  :roll:  She hasn't had enough exercise lately.   Jonathan took her out and frisbee-d her in the dark last night (because at 5:30 it's dark :mutmad:). 

*This cold is kicking my butt.  I'm pretty miserable.  And Bill still has the cold too and he's coughing and snoring so bad.  The only time I've slept an hour straight without waking is the one hour after he wakes up and leaves the bed.  :sad: 

*Fog delay here this morning.  And it was on a day when I didn't have to be up early.  :grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-14 8:22 AM
I think Ellie’s behavior yesterday would be identical to Sarge if he were inside. He’d be the kind of dog you’d come home to who would be sleeping on the kitchen table or walking on your kitchen counters. :laugh: Do you take her running with you?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-14 8:38 AM
I have taken her running in the past, but she really doesn't like it. She is very motivated by her nose and she wants to have it on the ground at all times so when we run, I'm practically dragging her unless we are sprinting, and then she drags me.  :laugh:  She loves a good walk, I just haven't gotten her out in a few days because of my cold and how crappy it's been outside.  :blush:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-14 9:56 AM
Can't like all cats....mine is fine with any cat unless they run. Then it is ON!

I hope y'all feel better soon:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thinking about it Tuesdays RTTs