Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday 11-12
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-12 6:38 AM
Good morning. What's gong on today?

On this date in 1035, Cnut the Great (Danish king) died. 

What would we do without the invention of the internet and the ability to retrieve important information while sitting in a la-z-boy and watching TV?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-12 6:44 AM
I ran a couple miles yesterday but felt really bad. I don't know what is wrong with me?

This morning I did a "7-minute strength workout for runners" and I will probably "walk the hill" this afternoon.  (A 45 minute trip up and back down the hill by our condo.)

Tonight, Cindy & I are going to the movies with another couple to watch Casablanca on the big screen.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-12 6:49 AM
Geritol.:wink:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-12 7:45 AM
Feel bad as in did something hurt or just felt bad all over?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-12 11:18 AM
It took all my energy to keep up a 11-12 minute pace. Legs dead and out of breath.  As a hypochondriac it makes me worry I have some type of circulatory problem or a blockage in one of my arteries.  (I base that on stories I've heard from other runners who slowed downed more than seemed normal and end up needing a heart bypass.)

It shouldn't be so hard to go 2 miles.  But in the past year or so I've had a stress test and a CT scan on my upper chest and neck to check for stuff like that and they said I was ok, so I don't know what it is.

Maybe I am still not recovered from the terrible half marathon last Sunday?

I'm going to keep working on the strength & core exercises and keep plodding along.  Either I'll get better, drop dead, or just learn to live with running slower than an 80 year old.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-12 6:54 AM
Cnut reminds me of peanut.  Or maybe donut.   I think donut.  Sunday morning donuts.  Or even a danish.

Yesterday's track work was fun and I even had a few laps that were fast.  Cold drizzle today so I will probably don my headphones, walk on the track with the older crowd, and ignore the world.  And then I need some ab work when I get home.  I'm feeling kind of marshmallowy.  Church first, and then I hope for some NFL games that were as good as yesterday's college ones.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-12 7:47 AM
I think my church is having a bake sale next Sunday.  Hope they have some good pastries to sell.

It is so nice to ignore the world sometimes.  Dawn I can't imagine you feeling marshmallowy! 

Enjoy your walk.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-12 7:45 AM
Good morning!

Today one of my friends is hosting a "Friends-giving" and I am looking forward to that.   She is a wonderful hostess and always decorates her house accordingly.  From the tablescape, tableware, front door, etc...  Very talented.

It is a bit misty here and dreary.   I will go to Mass first and then get ready to celebrate.

Enjoy your day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-12 8:20 AM
"friends-giving"  I like the sound of that.  I will try to remember it for next year.  It would be a lovely way to get my high school girlfriends together before the Christmas season gets busy.   I don't have that decorating knack though.  Sometimes I wish I did, but then I think of all the cleaning and putting away of the decor......   I'm sure you will have a good time.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-12 8:40 AM
Oh believe me, I don't have that decorating talent either.  She has many, many place mats, napkins, dinnerware sets, glasses, etc.   Here house is about 4200 square feet and I believe they have a storage unit, to store some of the stuff.  I'll be sure to take pictures and send them to you.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-12 8:56 PM
My friend even found a banner at Pier 1 that said "friendsgiving."
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday 11-12