Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Veteran's Day Dailies
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-11 8:14 AM
apparently Dave and Marilyn are taking the day off from daily-starting.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-11 8:19 AM
Thank you to all who serve us with bravery and pride in our nation.  I've been watching a lot of news clips about what people are doing for our veterans.  It can never be enough but it is heartwarming to know there are those who care deeply.

It is cold and gray.  Or maybe even cold and grey.  We have a long list of yardwork things to do with a possible "winter mix" on the way this evening.  Winter mix = snow and sleet and all those other lovely words for winter.  Misha and I have done one loop of the park but I think the rest of my loops will be at the indoor track.  Stay warm Masters.:hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-11 8:49 AM
Yes -- thank you to all the brave men and women who served in the armed services!

It is dreary here but the weather people promise that the sun will return by Tuesday -- can't wait.  Cold I can handle, but dreariness is another thing.

Dawn, you should make a batch of "Abuelita Hot Chocolate" to keep yourself warm.  Top it off with marshmallows and oh my gosh, what a drink.

We have a football game this evening.  Our team started out with a bang and I just knew that we would be bowl bound but the wheels fell off after the 3rd game.  I see where people are giving their tickets away!

Enjoy your Saturday!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-11 9:33 AM
Amy and I had some at a cafe on her university campus freshman year.  I haven't had it since.  I'll have to look for it at the store soon.  And it might need a shot of kahlua:wink:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-11 9:42 AM
or a shot of some marshmallow flavored vodka
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-11 10:10 AM
I like how you think!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-11 8:45 AM
I was waiting for someone else to start the daily -- don't want to be a "daily starter hog!"
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-11 11:23 AM
Ok - my workout is done.  Cardio and upper body.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-11 12:39 PM
my workout is done too.:happy:  3 miles on the track with a grandma and her brood of 5 little ones!  Very respectful kids though.   And then I went to the grocery store and was disappointed that they didn't have any Abuelitas mix.  Nothing in the Hispanic food aisle, nothing in the hot cocoa/coffee aisle.:sad:   All the recipes I've found pretty much just have basic hot cocoa with cinnamon, chile powder, and sometimes nutmeg.  Seems easy enough.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-11 12:47 PM
send me your address and I will send you some Abuelita's chocolate.   They even package it so you can just make one cup instead of having to make 4 cups.  I like to use the discs and have not used the mixes yet.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-11 12:09 PM
I had a nice 18.69 mile run on trails this morning.  I think every single leaf is off the trees now and lying on the trails.  Leaves and twigs and sticks littered the trail. There were several trees down lying across the trail.  It wasn't like this last week and I don't recall any big winds or storms this week.  I stumbled a few times when my shoe caught a branch but never fell, but came close.

I'm home and don't plan on going anywhere the rest of the day.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-11 12:35 PM
After 18 trail miles you better not go anywhere the rest of the day.  Put your feet up and enjoy the day!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-11 12:48 PM
Oh my gosh - -18.69 miles, just plain amazing!  You too deserve a cup of Abuelita's Hot chocolate with marshmallows to warm you up!

Our leaves are falling also and just a while it ago, it looked it was "snowing" leaves.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-11 10:50 PM
And so Mike was the only brave male to post on the forum today.  Thanks Mike for joining us.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-12 6:48 AM
Mike is cool like that.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Veteran's Day Dailies