Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Face the Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-10 7:53 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-10 8:03 AM
*We have lake effect snow in the forecast.  :cry:  Too soon, too soon.

*Long day yesterday.  I got up early to run, had my long day of work then a church social thing at night.  When that was done, we tore down all the tables from the event to set them up again in a different room for a funeral luncheon today.  I'm pretty worn out today.

*Anthony got the nod to race at Regionals today.  I wish I was there.  But no way I could've driven all night to get to Alabama this morning.  Anthony only found out Wednesday afternoon.  Coach had a rough time with the decision.  It was Anthony or another senior.  I don't envy him having to make that decision. 

*I assumed there'd at least be a live (usually crappy) feed for the race, but we haven't been able to find one so far.  :sad:

*I hope the hamstring holds up for 10k today. 

*Marie comes home for the weekend late tonight.  :grin:  Marching band ended for her on Wednesday.  No more Friday and Saturday commitments every single week. 

*I'm quickly figuring out that Anthony will be home very little of Christmas break.  He's flying to LA the day after he gets home to help drive a friend back to Chicago.  Then yesterday he let me know he wants to attend a retreat in North Carolina after Christmas with a teammate.  That kid never slows down.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-10 8:07 AM
Good luck to Anthony!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-10 8:34 AM
Good luck Anthony!  I still can't believe he is a senior. Or that he's on the go like that so much, that's crazy.

Snow?!?!?!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-10 10:53 AM
Anthony ran the 10k in 34:43 for his last cross race ever.   Team came in 11th.  He told me a great finish for them would've been top 10, so not a great day for the team, but not too far off either.  Haven't heard directly from him yet to hear how bad the hamstring is after all of this, but he made it through at least.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-10 8:06 AM
--I’m up to 111 who are signed up for the race. :happy: Yesterday was a good day.

--Not having book group this weekend. I kind of figured. Oh well, I have stuff I need to do for the race and this will also give me a chance to get a couple runs in. We’ll meet the second weekend in December.

--I guess I cleaned my car for nothing. : pbbt:

--There’s some talk of a few of us getting together in June to meet up and run the last Dam to Dam. Anyone care to join us?

--Read in the paper where our city (the one I used to live in) voted to spend $770,000 to bring in a Family Dollar. :roll::wtf: I’m sorry, but I think this is about the dumbest thing ever. We are a town of 7,000 that already has a Walmart Supercenter and TWO Dollar Generals. I kind of think that is the last thing that is needed.

--Got a refund check for a co-pay I paid for one of my visits to my family doc. He ended up not charging me after I had paid the co-pay. He is so nice. Three visits and he only charged me for one. :hug:

--I think I’m going to do a little deep cleaning at my office today. I have a couple of plants I need to re-pot too.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-10 8:35 AM
What is Dam to Dam?

That's awesome on the Dr charges
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-10 9:26 AM
Long running race in Des Moines, IA. It used to be a 20K but the past 5 years they changed it to a half marathon. Since this is the last year they are going to go back to the original distance. Big race. I honestly didn’t care for it. You’re bussed out 1-3 hours before the race starts and have to stand around. Luckily the weather was good for us. It would really suck if you had to stand around in rain as there is no shelter.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-10 9:29 AM
I've never done a point to point race (well other than Hoosier 200) and have never had a desire to be bused to one location hours ahead of time. That just sounds awful!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-10 8:53 AM
Your family doctor seems like a great guy.  :happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-10 8:33 AM
I ran last night!! It was ugly, slow, and short but it was something. And now I'll be sore for 3 days :laugh:

Woke up with a headache that is steadily getting worse. Have to wait until I go to bed to take the good meds if it gets that far

Traffic was heavy today but the parking lot was empty - so on one hand it seems like people have the day off but then on the other it didn't.

I keep snoozing a project at work. I know it won't take that long to do but I just don't feel like doing it. I should start it though since it will give me something to do.

Anymore my work schedule seems to be check emails for 30-60 min at home waiting for B to wake up and then work from whenever I get to the office until 4. Or sometimes before 4 :blush: No one seems to mind so I think I'll keep it up and hopefully make it to the gym more if I can always get out by 4.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-10 8:34 AM
All of my runs these days are ugly, slow and short. :meh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-10 8:54 AM
Yay for the run!  Coming back is never easy.  You'll get there.  :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-10 9:30 AM
It's only 10:30 and I'm starving. I'm counting down to 11 when I can have lunch and not look like a complete weirdo.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-10 11:08 AM
I scheduled another appointment so I will be here until 3:30 now. Didn’t bring a lunch because I thought I’d be done at 2. Oh well, I look at it as a win win. More money and no food. And, no food is the only way I can lose any weight.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-10 11:15 AM
my stomach would be growling so loudly during that massage then
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-10 12:29 PM
It probably will be. :laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Face the Friday RTTs