Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fracas-free Friday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-10 6:38 AM
No fracases please. Hopefully everyone is planning to behave today.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-10 6:49 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:  Thanks for starting the threads. I've been able to sleep in. :hug:

Thursday I went out for an afternoon run of 50 minutes. I was pretty tired after Wednesday. Icy weather is in the forcast so I decided to make Friday SDO.  It’s very cold a windy but we barely got a dusting of snow so far…it looks like a very heavy frost.
Today is a day off but with yoga added and perhaps a little cardio.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-10 6:56 AM
Im trying to be better posting and I'm posting on Letters and Opinions. I like to get my posts early so I can do both.:blush: Sometimes it would be too late or too early (no thread yet)to post and I would just not post. I decided I would just start the ththread over here if there wasn't one yet and kill that excuse.: pbbt:

Sounds like great day to stay in!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-10 7:40 AM
Sleeping in is a good thing!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-10 6:52 AM
I have not been too disciplined so far today. I actually reset my alarm (set for 5:45) and went back to bed until (Ahem) 6:15

Last night after working until 6:45 and making a quick trip to the store, I sat down on the couch knowing I had one last 2 mile run in my 1/2 training cycle.

I told myself it was late and I'd get up early tomorrow and do it. Then it hit me. I had been going around all day with track pants and a sweatshirt over running shorts and a tech shirt for just one reason.(Thankfully I work from home.) If I ate and went to bed, not only would I have to get up extra early tomorrow, I would have spent the day in this silly get-up for no reason. :meh: Made me feel likes  poser so I got my butt downstairs and ran 2.25.

I thoroughly enjoyed the run and the sense of accomplishment of knowing I am done until my race.:cool:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-10 7:06 AM
Great job on completing the half plan. :grin: Sleeping more can help a lot but it's hard to do when you're working.
It just hit me this morning how hard it is to be compelled to go to another place where everyone is working. (My old workplace is having their Inservice day today.) Working at home or in an in between place seems like it would help that not to be so negative. DS and I have talked about how it is nice to be away from the main fray...or FRACAS! :laugh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-10 7:41 AM
So you had your running gear on all day? When is your race?
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-10 8:25 AM
Yes. I like to plan ahead.: pbbt:

This Sunday is my race.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-10 7:39 AM
I ran 3 miles this morning I only have one student today. My plan was to paint my hallway, but I am so unmotivated to paint. Painting ceilings are a pain.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-10 8:27 AM
Sounds like a tough job. I hope you aren't too sore afterwards.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-10 1:00 PM
Good work on the 3 miler! I've never painted anything that I can think of although I have wished I could do it. :laugh:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-10 2:31 PM
I haven't been posting but I've been working out with my trainer and watching what things I stuff in my mouth (as in stop stuffing Halloween candy in, starting stuffing protein rich things in).

Work has been a bear, lots of energy devoted to dealing with that.  It's amazing how one person can take up so much energy.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-10 3:09 PM
Glad you are working out. It's so hard not to crave carbs. But I LIKE them! Proteins really do help to curb my appetite. : pbbt::meh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-10 9:12 PM
Glad to read work hasn't stopped you from working out.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-10 4:51 PM
Gavin ran his first 3 miles today! :grin::hug: I am so proud of him.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-10 8:29 PM
Ahhhhh, he's on his way! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-10 9:14 PM
Thats impressive. Way to go!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fracas-free Friday (Dailies)