Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 09 Nov 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 9:00 AM
Somebody has to start the daily...otherwise we will disappear. 

Post...
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-09 9:05 AM
Hi all. Went to gym early and lifted for 45 minutes. Ran home. 5.03 miles.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 11:36 AM
So, not only are you fast, but soon you will be buff also!  What a stud!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-09 9:24 AM
I have it on good authority that yesterday was national cappuccino day.  I've amended it to a 2-day celebration.  Coffee lovers; get after it!  I'm currently enjoying something that is 2 parts Aldi goodness to 1 part Starbucks.  It turned out to be a great morning coffee.   Cappuccino is for later in the afternoon.

So my "going to the track everyday" experiment is turning out pretty much like you would expect.  Each day is slower than the previous.  This is my endorsement for cross training and rest days.: pbbt:

It is raining maple leaves on this sunny morning and leaf-picker-upper-guy comes tomorrow.  I'll be raking this morning and running this afternoon.   Be well, friends.:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 11:37 AM
How did we miss National Cappuccino Day?  We are slacking!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 11:39 AM
I did my workout video and soon will head to get my hairdressers to cover those greys!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-09 2:53 PM
I was going to run at lunch after the appliance repairman came to fix our washer, but he got here late and it's now way past lunch. So I guess this is rest day #4.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get up and run or go to the gym.

Although, I did a set of a strength workout for runners.  It was much like the core workout that I do (inconsistently) and it added squats & lunges.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 3:19 PM
The strength w/o counts as exercise in my book.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-09 3:04 PM
Let's keep the daily going.  Hate to disappear. 

Ran the 8 mile route this morning.  Coldest morning of the season.  Clear skies and 36F. 

Ryan texted me last night to tell me that Jeri Ryan, the Star Trek Voyager actress, was going to be shooting a movie where Ryan works today.  He works at Lost River Caves and drives a pontoon boat through a cave.  Ryan's supervisor asked Ryan to help him today, I assume helping to get things set up.  I can't wait to talk with Ryan to see how things went.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-09 3:06 PM
:cool:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 3:18 PM
Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-11-09 3:33 PM
No run today but we walked to every house on the island and double checked the water lines so we won’t have frozen valves. I actually checked nothing :laugh: but went along for the company and it was a pretty day for a walk. 12K steps!  The fire dept was here all day finishing up the tent/shelter for the fire truck. It’s so big but the color is a dark green that I think will be quite camouflaged when the leaves are out. Every time I see the fire boat I think that would be a great gig :cool: and way more fun than working in a hospital.

:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 09 Nov 2017