Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thawing out Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:12 AM
It’s kind of cold here.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:24 AM
--I’m up to 94 registrants for the race. :cool:

--It kind of looks like book group may get rescheduled. Ana sent me a text last night that she isn’t feeling well. I hope I know something by this afternoon so I can take a couple more appointments on Friday. I already told my Saturday client that I would be gone.

--Orange/mango juice and homemade blueberry muffins. I think I could eat that everyday for breakfast. : pbbt:

--Got my car cleaned out yesterday. Sarge didn’t like the vacuum cleaner so I didn’t have to work around him. :laugh:

--They called yesterday to schedule the nerve test. The neurologist I will be seeing is the one who performs it. It’s set for 12/6 which is after my initial visit with her so that is good. If she doesn’t think it’s necessary then I can cancel. At another $2500+ (which I’ll be responsible for 20%) I’d like to make sure it’s completely necessary. :roll:

--The barn/shop is staying nice and cozy. Lots of insulation and wood heat. :grin:

--Got our property taxes yesterday. The vehicles, motorcycle and trailer were missing. :wtf: Had to call and get that all straightened out. The addition of the barn and well added $725 to what we owe. Not as much as I thought it was going to be so that is good.

--Sarge and Meadow are going to be in heaven. Iowa is starting to haul chicken poop to our place today :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-09 7:27 AM
Is this same Dr also doing the MRI stuff or is it all separate?

Do you get a break on the land/farm since you are living there now?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:49 AM
I think the MRI is done at a central location where that is all they do. My family doc is the one who ordered it. He was also the one who ordered the nerve conduction tests. Just trying to expedite things. This way the neurologist will have results of MRI at my first visit with her.

What sort of break on the land? None that I am aware of.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-09 9:26 AM
I guess I was thinking you might be taxed higher for the land if it is a business or secondary location vs your primary residence. I'm thinking of when someone owns their house plus a rental property, they are taxed different on that rental property. didn't know if it was the same for the land.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-09 9:43 AM
Our 5.5 acre lot when it was just “bare land” was $4.55/year in property taxes. Add a metal barn and well and that goes up to $731. Our other two lots are still taxed on bare land so those 30 acres are only $24/year. We’ll have to report the garden shed and fencing the next tax year so I’m sure it’ll go up. Property taxes in MO are cheap so I can’t really complain.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-09 11:02 AM
that's awesome
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-09 7:26 AM
It is cold here too. And I've gained so much weight from going back to work that my coat doesn't even fit :cry::cry:

My 2nd monitor (the one I'm typing this on) is shaking up and down. I swear between the stupid laptop keyboard and now this nonsense I wish I could have just kept my old computer/monitors

Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks. wow!

There are a couple black Friday deals I wish I could get but it is on electronic stuff so even if I could go out and shop like the old days I wouldn't be trying to

I wish daycare was open on Black Friday so I could go out a bit. Maybe I'll venture out with him later in the afternoon when it will be dead

Used leftover Snickers from Halloween in some brownies last night. The Snickers weren't normal ones, apparently it was Extreme snickers which is the caramel and nuts but no nouget so they are super sticky when you bite it. Not loving it in the brownies but oh well. Was going to make these for our work Thanksgiving pitch in too so I'm glad I tested it out first.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:52 AM
I feel your pain on the weight thing. :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-09 11:46 AM
It is cold and rainy here:roll: And super slick from all the leaves that coat everything you see. My car has slid on the leaves in our driveway at work. :shocker!:

Tj was a weasel this morning. I'm uploading the photos and video to FB now.:cool: :hug:

Foot hurt a bit yesterday. Trying to stretch it, but just giving it time. I do plan to try a short run on Saturday. :shocker!:

Signed tj up for basketball:roll: Things we do.....I hate basketball with a passion:roll:

Already stressing about money again and Christmas and just money in general.

Lots of stuff to do tonight while at Rip's soccer practice....if it isn't rained out.:meh:

Can't wait till tomorrow - Murder on the Orient Express:cool::cool::cool:

Can't wait till saturday - SLEEP!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-10 7:42 AM
TJ looked so cute!

What is Murder on the Orient Express? Is it like a murder mystery dinner on a train?
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thawing out Thursday RTTs