Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / The only way to Thursday! (daily)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:03 AM
It's almost the weekend. Friday eve as we said in college.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:06 AM
4 yesterday. Enjoyed my day off thoroughly.

DD wrote a little birthday tribute and posted it on FB. Someone wrote me a (non rhyming) poem. DH A took me to a movie and for Mexican food. Unfortunately because I changed my routine, I missed a cake made for me by the Weds night running group! :laugh: They ate it anyway of course! They're runners!

2 today. All my taper miles have been treadmill. Hope that's ok, but I've been busy so it's that or nothing with the time change and all.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-09 7:18 AM
Great work on the 4 miler and the day off enjoyment. :grin: Sorry you missed the cake but nice that they made one for you.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-11-09 8:41 AM
I'm glad your running friends go t to celebrate your birthday. :laugh:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-09 3:04 PM
sounds like a nice birthday celebration, even if you missed the running group cake! :laugh:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-09 7:21 AM
Wednesday the power went off for most of the day so I took my big salad lunch to the park. After about 30 minutes of a 55 minute run I saw a buck and 2 other deer which saw me, then stayed there still watching, barring my way back to the car. Finally the buck led them off so I could continue. 

By the time I ate lunch and got home, DC called and wanted to do a 2 mile hike. I was still dressed for the run, so I joined him and we ate at a favorite restaurant afterwards. We have one more hike to do. Then we will have done our required 8 hikes and will get nice little metal decorations for our hiking sticks.
Today I plan a park run. The deer are closing in. :shocker!::laugh:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:45 AM
I think the deer are going to be more common for awhile. Good luck on your hiking challenge.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-11-09 8:42 AM
Sounds like a great way to spend the day. :happy:  Even if the deer are getting suspicious about you moving in on their territory. :laugh:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-11-09 8:40 AM
Friday eve. :laugh:

A was discharged from the hospital yesterday, so I spent Tuesday night at the hospital and came home yesterday afternoon.  The infection is localized and being treated at home now, so she seems to be doing pretty well, all things considered.

It's in the upper 40s and raining here.  It's a fairly light rain, so not terrible running weather.  I didn't run super fast, but I had a decent 5-mile run this morning.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-09 9:14 AM
5mi.e runs are decent.

Glad A is doing well.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-09 2:49 PM
5 miler is very decent indeed! Great that A is out of the hospital. :happy:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-09 9:20 AM
4 miles with friend this morning. Beautiful sunrise. Then G ran to school but I rode my bike I didn't feel like doing 6. We are going to do our first 3 miles tomorrow he is off school and I mapped out our route. He ran 2 yesterday at run club. So proud of him! I was discussing his improvement with him and asked "two months ago when you signed up for run club did you ever think you could do this?" and he said "no way but every week I go a bit further". :hug::hug::hug:

Breathing Mediation was weird. I would have liked it but the first half when we were doing the deep breathing she was playing music SO LOUD and it wasn't even relaxing, more like Acoustic Pop - which is my second rant when did they start doing this in yoga playing non-soothing music? So freaking annoying. And she walked around burning sage and chanting affirmations...all nice I suppose but it wasn't working for me. The second half was better when we just laid there and relaxed to more relaxing music and she did some rekki on us. Anyway probably won't go back. She seems to have a pretty dedicated group that goes to this. I could have dealt with the sage (don't love the way it smells) but the LOUD MUSIC was annoying. I guess she was trying to keep us breathing deep.

Back to nice restorative yoga tonight.

I do like the myyogaworks online, thanks for posting that Groupon link. I used it a couple of times already. I wouldnt want to do this all the time I like the group class but its nice to have the option when I can't make class. I may look into that for meditation.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-09 10:39 AM
Great work on the 4 miler. Great that G is so eager. :hug::hug:
I've never gone to anything more than traditional yoga. Even so, I only like and trust certain teachers. Sometimes they play music but only soft. As an asthma person, sage burning would be a disaster for me. :laugh:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-11-09 12:50 PM
5 miles for me, nice and easy, on the beautiful trail near my house.  I'm really so lucky to live so close to it. Perfect weather for a run - 50, mostly cloudy, little breeze.  Shorts and long sleeve T weather.  Tomorrow's high is only in the high 30s! :shocker!:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-09 2:54 PM
Great work on the 5 miler! Winter is starting to hit us too. : pbbt:
Up Topic Communities / Women / The only way to Thursday! (daily)