Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Hump Day, 8 Nov 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-08 8:20 AM
The weekend is almost here!

So what's up?  Weather?  Exercise? 

Spill it!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-11-08 8:45 AM
Rain here today. The only exercise I've had this morning is cleaning out kitchen cabinets, the fridge and doing laundry! Last night I realized that I have one less week until Thanksgiving than I thought I had?? Chemo brain?? Old age?? My son and his girlfriend are coming in on the Saturday before TG, and I have a LOT to do before they get here. Conor has a lacrosse tournament this weekend, and I planned to go, but I'm thinking I will be staying home doing some much-needed closet cleaning and other stuff.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-08 8:58 AM
I've been killing it with closet cleaning.  Makes me happy.:happy:
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-11-08 4:15 PM
Me too! I have donated a lot of stuff. Hoping to not reaccumulate!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:05 AM
Glad you are back Marilyn.  I almost had to start the daily!:laugh:

temps dropped to the 20's last night so the leaves are finally starting to fall this morning!  And we have sunshine.  That's a novelty!   Anyway, there is a beautiful Ginkgo tree at the park and when it drops leaves it does so in a matter of minutes.  Misha and I stood underneath it.  You could actually hear the leaves falling.  And goofy dog was jumping through the air trying to catch them in her teeth.:happy:  A wonderful start to my morning.

I called in a claim yesterday on some replacement windows we got in the spring.  All the inner workings fell out of them:shocker!:  They won't stay in their tracks, tend to fall in toward the room, and obviously aren't keeping much cold air out.  Anyway, the technician promises to be here this afternoon!  I can't believe the quick response.  I called the contractor months ago and heard nothing.  Sad that I had to call the manufacturer, but dang, winter is coming!

I'm going to use the indoor track later this morning just because of my free pass.  Truly, it is too nice a day to be inside.  Then I'll rake leaves until window guy gets here.  Pork chops and butternut squash soup for supper....stop by, I have extra.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:18 AM
You are welcome!

We came home to lots of leaves on the ground!  My brother said it all happened yesterday.  And it is cold here also.  We are supposed to get rain.  We had some frozen stew in the freezer and it is now thawing.  Plan to make cornbread later for dinner.

I am going to do my workout videos.  Too windy to be outside.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:50 AM
Came into the office today. May as well take a third rest day. I'm feeling close to normal today. Second night in a row with some decent sleep.

34 work days left in the year not counting vacation. I need about 176 days to finish what I'm supposed to do but I reached the point this morning where I don't care so my stress had reduced.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-08 10:20 AM
ahhhh.  The tipping point.  Good for you.:happy:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-11-08 10:22 AM
Weather is sunny and coolish in the low 40s.

This morning I stacked wood then ran 5 miles or so on the trails and Jeep roads. It’s nice not having to watch for downed lines. We have to run into town quickly and then I’ll finish up some homework.

:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-08 11:04 AM
Workout videos done.  I need to shower and go to the grocery store.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-08 2:37 PM
The weather is coolish, but not what I call cold.  Ran my normal 8 this morning.  Not that I'm normal, but the run is.: pbbt:

I think it's supposed to be sunny the rest of the week.  Maybe some good trail running this weekend.
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-11-08 4:17 PM
Getting cool here. I love ginkgo trees. So pretty! 

Had a shorter work day. A rest day for me though.

Ate a quest bar. Chocolate mint. Not bad if you like dry and chewy. Lol.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-08 5:26 PM
Put the Quest bar in the microwave for 15 seconds. It's then like a fresh baked cookie!
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-08 5:26 PM
17 wonderful degrees and currently snowing, big, fluffy flakes! :hug:
We get into the negative temps next week. :cool:

I :hug::hug::hug: Alaska.

Exercise? What is that? :laugh:
This reno is all I can handle right now. Completion is almost in sight!
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-09 12:12 AM
WAIT!

I shoveled snow on two walkways and a huge driveway. This counts, trust me! :laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 6:55 AM
Tell us more about your renovation.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-09 3:46 PM
Small one bedroom apartment to the side and above the garage of my son's home. Except he doesn't live here!

Anyway, we gutted the place and have installed new flooring, in the process of completing a whole new kitchen. Cabinets will be finished tonight. Appliances arrive tomorrow and then the last stress inducer (ha) is the countertop and backsplash.
Bathroom got a new vanity/sink and new light fixture, both of which I installed MYSELF! :laugh:
All new light fixtures. New paint throughout, floor to ceiling. Oh yes, scraped the popcorn ceilings too.

Need to buy furniture, but haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything yet other than a bed, which has been delivered. It was a great deal, had to act on that one. :wink: Selection is limited here in exile, so I'm torn between what my choices are and what I really want. : pbbt:

It's been three years now since I've had my own "forever" home. I'm really looking forward to it. And, I get to adopt a cat. <3

So there is my reno novel. :laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-09 4:13 PM
I am impressed that you are doing it all.  Very proud of you.  And you must be very talented.

Just think a new place to start a new life!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-10 8:37 AM
Where does your son live then? Sounds like a great place!
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-10 1:52 PM
He has three homes in each area of his business. Here, and two other AK towns.
He goes between all of them as needed.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-10 4:23 PM
:cool: Are you going to work for him?
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-11 1:15 AM
Oh heck no. Enough family already! :laugh:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-11-11 9:24 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-11-09 7:10 AM
Are you posting reno pics on FB? I don't recall seeing anything recently?
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-11-09 3:33 PM
No, but I will when I have the after pics. Been taking pics along the way. :happy:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Hump Day, 8 Nov 2017