Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Hump Day Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-08 6:19 AM
The week is half over. :grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-08 7:14 AM
--Turkey meeting this afternoon. I need to count paper registrations but if I’m correct we have about 80-85 signed up. Last year we had 15 on line registrations at this time and this year we have 53 so that is better.

--I have developed trigger finger in my left thumb. WTH is next? :cry: Just pump me full of steroids and leave me be. :meh:

--Sarge took off running yesterday evening. I was watching him from the kitchen window. There were two deer. He was literally on their tails. Go Sarge!! :cool: I made Iowa go out and give him a Milkbone after that. : pbbt: I don’t like them around. They are destructive to the orchard.

--Cashed in some of my reward points from doing surveys. Got $25 gift cards from Bass Pro, Walmart and Starbucks. Kind of like an early Christmas. : pbbt:

--I made arugula pesto last night for dinner. Kind of the last of the garden goods. It was so tasty. Substituted a little walnut oil in place of the olive oil so it gave it a really nice, nutty flavor.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-08 7:27 AM
OMG Trigger finger sounds horrible!

pesto....yummy!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-08 7:53 AM
Do we just need to chop off your arms?

Your pesto looked really good
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:36 AM
The thing is I’m starting to have issues with my legs and feet too. :cry: It’s not good.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-08 10:21 AM
I wish there was a magic pill that would help you. Are they still thinking MS? I don't know anything about MS. I hope steroids aren't the only treatment options.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-08 10:52 AM
The two concerns my family doc has are MS and cervical spinal stenosis. The MRI should either rule out those, diagnose the stenosis or suggest the possibility for MS. There isn’t a specific test that diagnoses MS. If the MRI suggests that then they will probably do a spinal tap. :meh: I think a thorough evaluation by a neurologist will be helpful.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-08 11:01 AM
The MRI is next week? When is the nerve test?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-08 5:19 PM
Yes, next Friday is the MRI. The brain and cervical spine both with and without contrast. They said it would take 3 hours. :cry: Nerve test is scheduled for 12/6. I see the neurologist the week before that so if she doesn’t think it is necessary then we will cancel it. She will be the one who conducts the nerve study.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-08 7:40 AM
Day four of no boot. Yesterday was great in my new Danskins. Today I'm back in the Vionix loafers and am feeling a bit of pain. Wonder if it is the shoes or if I've been doing too much.

Slept on the couch last night. Couldn't get to clearing my bed of folded laundry. Will do tonight.

Have to come up with a weasel outfit for Tj. Tomorrow is his ZooPhonics parade. He is Willie Weasel. Gonna make him look like a ferret:cool: He is so excited to wear a tail:laugh:

As usual something comes up (or i've put something off too long) and I won't be able to get to the gym tonight.:roll: I don't want to cancel it. I want to go!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-08 7:51 AM
Ferret, weasel. They’re both kind of in the same family. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-08 7:54 AM
I have no idea what a weasel looks like and I'm guessing most people don't so I think a little creative interpretation will work

I have folded laundry sitting out too although it is on the table. Of course theres a gazillion things on the table now it is awful
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-08 7:59 AM
Took yesterday off work to go outlet shopping with my parents. We usually do it on a Saturday in November but I decided on a weekday to not have to take B because that would just be awful. It was dead there which was nice.

I am starting to get embarrassed by how my clothes don't fit at all. I wore yoga pants shopping yesterday because none of my jeans that would work with running shoes fit.

Don't have a ton to get done at work although I have been putting off a few things. Just need to buckle down and get them done.

I'm starting to dread all of the presents B is going to get with having a late November birthday + Christmas. I want him to play with everything he gets but there will just be too much. I'm fine with us not buying him anything until he is into Santa (and even then I could just recycle some things he doesn't even know he has) but M of course will end up spoiling him and then we will be overrun with toys. FWP I know

A client wanted a face to face meeting with an employee who is considering Medicare.  Uhhh no, I'm not traveling out there for one person to say "do I have to join Medicare" and me to say "no". We have a guide that answers most questions so I said he needs to read it and then if he has questions we can have a phone call. I'm sure he won't bother reading the guide but at least I dont have to travel there.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:38 AM
Did you buy anything at the outlet stores?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-08 12:31 PM
Bought a tank top for me, a shirt for M for Christmas, and an outfit for the Christmas angel thing I do where you sponsor a kid for Christmas. Also picked out a purse that my parents will give me for Christmas. My parents did better and they both found some stuff they were looking for. Though surprisingly nothing was bough for B. Perhaps me saying he has too much stuff and too many clothes already got in the way of that :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-08 10:22 AM
At his age, I'd let him open it all and then hide stuff away for a couple months and just trade out the toys.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-08 12:31 PM
yea that's what I plan to do. I try to rotate his toys now although I'm not sure it has worked. He just isn't super interested in many toys.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Hump Day Wednesday RTTs