Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Can we get a Wednesday? (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 5:57 AM
It's my birthday! I'm not excited to be older, but heck when you are trying to make it to 100, it's just another year closer your to goal, right?:laugh:

Post your runs or party plans!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 6:10 AM
I'm up snuggling with my dogs. Going to hit the TM for 4 miles and then take Winston to the groomer. He is, as I told my boss, a "safety hazard" to himself. That dog needs a trim.

I'm off work today, trying to use up noncarry overable vacation time. I will still probably work a little since I am swamped right now, but the benefit to WFH is that no one will be able to hijack my plans calling or emailing with anything I can't ignore.

Sent a group message out to the Sunday group about changing the start time (7:30 or 8) now that fall races are ending and morning will start being darker after fall back wears off. The routes would also be shorter. Got some lively interaction  except for one person who replied #TLDR (too long didn't read):roll: This from a person who posts constantly on FB.

I think I might go with 7:30 as Kind of a compromise.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-11-08 8:29 AM
Happy birthday!  That person is a jerk.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 12:48 PM
One of those unique individuals who always has a smart Alec response that  leaves you thinking is he serious? or is he kidding? and enjoys watching you squirm.:meh:
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-11-08 2:40 PM
Uh, that can get old really quickly.  :meh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:00 AM
Yes. It does.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:11 AM
Happy birthday! :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-08 6:46 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Noquitter! :grin::hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 7:57 AM
Thanks! Being off from work makes it a little better.:grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-08 6:50 AM
Thanks for starting the thread! I've been running around pulling plugs out of the wall. We are having an electrical upgrade so the whole grid will be off for about 5 hours. I’m taking a big salad lunch when I go to run and am going to make a picnic afterwards. Lots of electrical work has been done this summer and fall. I’ve got everything I can think of unplugged from the wall in case there is a big spike when everything comes back up.

Tuesday I felt much more energized and ready to dash to the park. I got in a good 50+ minutes and even saw a buck on his way from the trail to the park. Grocery afterward and yoga.
Today I have a park run planned and a packed lunch to eat in the park afterwards. oooo! I'd better unplug! It's almost time! :shocker!::wink:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 7:58 AM
You are such a good planner. I am guessing that's one of the reasons you have been able to stay so consistent when others fall off the exercise wagon.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-08 8:22 AM
Happy birthday! It's another year closer to a new age group...
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 12:49 PM
Well...I kind of like being at the bottom of a  ew one last year. I guess it will get worse before it gets better.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-11-08 8:28 AM
Had a workout fail yesterday for my usual Tuesday workout of intervals and weight training - left my running shoes at home.  : pbbt:  Disappointed to miss that workout, since I enjoy it, but on the other hand I didn't make it to the gym until after 7:00 so it was kind of nice to just go home.  When I left the building I discovered I'd left my mitts in my office so I had to walk home with my hands in my coat pockets.  :roll:

Quick snowy run with Perfect Puppy and Sheltie Boy this morning.  The first winter run with the Hoka Claytons - I was curious how the traction would be on loose snow, but they held up fine. 

Pilates at lunch.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-09 7:01 AM
Hope everyone,human and canine, enjoyed the run.:hug:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-08 9:50 AM
Happy Birthday!

My legs are trashed from 2 runs yesterday (morning and afternoon with G) and body pump. Did some yoga at night to balance.
Today just a bike ride and later I am going to Breathing Meditation at studio, an hour of breath work. Should be interesting!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 12:50 PM
I think you've earned a bit of a break.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-11-08 6:31 PM
Breathing Meditation has helped me so much! I've discovered that I see, hear, feel things more than ever before. The breathing helped my running a great deal but I have to be mindful of it or I slip back easily into the old breathing ways.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Can we get a Wednesday? (Dailies)