Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / For the good of the club - Post or Reply?
- - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-11-07 6:32 AM
I just "discovered" this tidbit - if you start a thread, all replies will show up when you click on "Forum."  This will not happen for those that post in your thread.  So, if it matters to you that someone knows you are replying to a comment, reply.  On something like the dailies, which are presumably intended for the group as a whole, it might make more sense to post.  Just my .02.  Others may feel differently.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-11-07 8:07 AM
I actually like it when I see a "XYZ replied to your post", it makes me feel special :blush: #likesforlikes
Parent - - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-11-07 9:56 AM
Me too...  :hug:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-11-07 10:02 AM
2017-11-07 9:56 AM:   LDR replied to a post. :shocker!::hug:
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:50 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-11-07 9:44 PM
One of the biggest reasons we left RWOL was that we could talk to each other back then, but couldn't after they changed the format. We replied directly to another person instead of posting into space. We cared about each other and still do. Replying cares about the other person even if you don't specifically recognize what he or she said. Posting by definition is just that, an individual flag in the sand. I've no real problem with posting, but do prefer the culture where we connect with each other. :hug: And that's why I like threaded forums.

Look at other forums and message boards nowadays. Some *may* have limited threading capabilities, but even in those forums, nobody is talking to anyone else. Essentially everyone is posting his or her flag, not engaging others. Just my .02, but I love the engagement we've always had by replying to each other instead of posting into space. Hell, I engaged you directly many many times on the forums before engaging you as a friend in real life, and continue to engage you directly like I'm doing now. THAT is what makes meaningful connections and friendships. :hug:
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-11-07 11:35 PM
:cool:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-08 5:48 AM
I agree. I felt a little funny replying to people on a thread/post where no one else was relying to individual posts, but I like to be social.:grin:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-11-08 6:49 PM
:cool:
Parent - - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:57 AM
I agree with everything you said.  I started this thread because it was a new insight into an aspect of this software I hadn't noticed before, but something Mut probably already knew - and maybe everyone else knew it already also.

BTW - I took my first pair of Nimbus 19z out for the maiden run last night.  They are also my first pair of EE width shoes.  I like them. 

i got these to use at Icarus next week. 
as my feet swell, my toes get compressed and blisters develop.
i'm hoping the wider shoe will help this without creating other potential areas for blistering.
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2017-11-08 5:57 PM
With double Es , you should be able to,walk on water . :wink:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-11-08 6:44 PM
WooHoo on the new Nimbii! :grin: I hope they work out at distance for you. :hug:

Oh and btw I also agree with your suggestion that for some things, posting style may be appropriate. Dailies and the mileage game are a couple good examples. Although even for those things, I like the ability to reply to peeps and appreciate any reply I get.
Parent - - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-11-08 4:02 PM
Here, you get both options :laugh:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-11-08 6:46 PM
Giving us options isn't always a good idea. :shocker!::laugh:
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-11-07 10:08 AM
Posting because I like Tommeke but I'm kind of shy.
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-11-08 9:57 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-11-08 6:47 PM
:laugh: Yeah you are. : pbbt: Go on, go up there and talk to him...you can do it!
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / For the good of the club - Post or Reply?