Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-11-06 5:49 AM
Hope your Monday is merry.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-06 5:56 AM
Friday was a good yoga class and meditation class. These classes help a lot and I think it is because I like the teaching style of the instructor. She will hopefully teach the next two 7 week terms after the first of the year.
The tea party was great! The instructor and another person had made some of the savories, scones, lemon and orange Madeleines and truffles that were so wonderful that they must be illegal to consume. Teas were Earl Grey and Darjeeling.
Saturday was SDO and some shopping. I get more worn out from shopping than running. Stores are so big and the parking lots as well. If I could run the shopping, it wouldn’t tire me out so much. :laugh:
Sunday Buddy and I went out on the trail. Leaves were colorful and we could see how bright they were in the woods even though it was cloudy. Beautiful! Well, we got out a ways and all of a sudden while we were at the top of a small hill, lightning flashed and thunder rolled. Then the rain really started and we got wet. One nice thing about the rain jacket, it keeps you totally dry underneath. Our run was 45 minutes. We went our separate ways and the rain had stopped so I went to the park and did another 45 minutes. Leaves were falling and very colorful. I hated to go inside even though my feet and shorts were really wet. It’s interesting how we don’t mind the socks, shoes, etc. being wet while we’re running but hate it once we stop. Maybe it’s the heat we generate in our feet that keeps them comfortable. I saw a small black squirrel with just a little white at the tip of its tail. Black squirrels with white on the end of the tail are scarce, but fun to watch for. :happy:
Today I think I’ll go out for a light, easy run in the park. There was a lot of rain yesterday.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:07 AM
Shopping wears me out too. Cool about the squirrel sighting.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-11-06 9:10 AM

> truffles that were so wonderful that they must be illegal to consume

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:06 AM
My body has been complaining lately. Saturday I ran 3 miles and today I only did 2 miles. My foot has been killing me. When I wear my orthotics all the time, they ache. In the summer my Birkenstock sandals helped, but I have been wearing other shoes with my orthotics in them. Today I started wearing my Birkenstock clogs. I don't really like them because they aren't the suede ones, and they look funky, but my foot feels better already. I wanted black suede clogs, but they only had the leather ones when I needed them in the spring. Eventually I will get the suede ones. My legs have been sore too, but I am hoping with the shoe change an a lighter run day, that I can bounce back. I will see how I feel tomorrow morning. DD's dog got in the neighbors yard and I had a tough time getting him back. Wasted time and I ended up missing my first student of the day. Our fence is falling down in the corner and some pickets are off. I can't figure out how he got through though because the spaces were small. Not a good way to start the week.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-11-06 9:10 AM
:hug:  Dratted dog!  They can be so annoying.

Birkenstock also makes lace-up shoes - would that be an option?
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:54 AM
Huh. Good to know! (about the Birks)
If my PF ever comes back, I would seriously consider some of those. Some are...not so attractive...but there are plenty of cute-ish ones!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-11-06 9:15 AM
Hi al!  I've been doing a lot of work travel the last couple of weeks, so time for posting, along with time for working out, has been scarce.  I didn't get enough sleep most nights last week due to jet lag, the World Series : pbbt: and a 2:00 am fire alarm at my hotel on Thursday night :cry:, so that didn't help.

Saturday: I eked out a 35-minute run (3 mins run/2 mins walk) and then walked a lot around the city I was in, sightseeing and visiting galleries/ museums.  Over 19,000 steps.  Then flew home and discovered winter had set in while I was gone!  Which led to...

Sunday: an hour or so of cross-country skiing, our first outing of the year.  :hug::hug::hug:  So nice to be back out there and it was a beautiful bright crisp sunny day.  2.0 cranked out 13 km without breaking a sweat; DH and I did, um, somewhat less than that.  : pbbt:  On the drive home, DH told her, "Oh, Mom and I did X and Y and Z loops," and 2.0 said, in genuine bafflement, "And then what?", not understanding that that was *all* we had done.  :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

Woke up this morning still feeling the glow of yesterday's skiing.  Today will be a SDO although I will still aim to get in the 10,000 steps.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-06 11:07 AM
:laugh: about 2.0's reaction. Wait until you're in your 40s, kid. At least you were out there!
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-11-06 11:42 AM
"And then what?"  :cry::laugh:
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:58 AM
I was thisclose to doing some yoga yesterday but then my dad stopped in to look at a little leak we had in the bathroom so my motivation got siderailed.
But I did do a walk in the afternoon with a friend, pushing strollers.

Fall marathon season makes me want to run so badly...I'm thinking a goal for after this baby (due in Feb) may be to train for a 10K next fall and then build from there. There's a big one over a big bridge here that I want to do next November, so DH and I were just talking about how that might be a good one for me to train for. It's uphill for the first half and has the potential to be windy so definitely not a PR course, but I wouldn't expect to be in PR shape with a 6 month old at that point anyway. Just a good finish would make me happy.
It gives me hope to think/plan about doing this, that I'll run again regularly one day!!!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-06 11:08 AM
You will run again -- but with a toddler and another one on the way running does sometimes take a hiatus. You'll be back.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-06 6:28 PM
Gavin had a blast with his scout campout. I think he will end up liking scouts so that makes me happy. He came back dirty and smelly and my tent smelled like sour feet...took me all day to air that nasty smell out.

Today was yoga and HIIT/Core work. I do like that myyogaworks.com I've used it twice and it seems pretty good. I wish it had music guess I can pull up a yoga station and play along.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-07 10:39 AM
Be glad you are not chaperoning the campout and therefore you do not have to deal with an entire troop of stinky boys.

Can't imagine why the kids are sometimes afraid of wildlife. The wildlife would run away holding their noses!
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-06 4:55 PM
Sore ankle and snuggly cat = no run this morning.

But my ankle usually feels better having been walked on to get the stiffness out of it the day after a race. So I did manage to put in 3.93 in 45 minutes on the TM.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-06 6:29 PM
How was it? The race?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-07 10:40 AM
Humid. Good weather in the morning, not so great later. And the second half was not fun. All the good part of the course is in the first half in my opinion.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merry Monday dailies