Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / First Monday in November RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-06 5:20 AM
Time change has me up early. What about you?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-06 5:35 AM
--I’ve already been up for nearly an hour. :cry: Probably doesn’t help I went to bed at 7:45 p.m. : pbbt:

--Good thing I decided to look at the race website as soon as we got up yesterday. I thought we started at 8:15 a.m. Nope, it was 7:15 a.m. :shocker!: Needless to say, we were rushing around.

--Auction was good. Iowa bought the disc he was wanting. He was hopeful he could get it a little bit cheaper but it was still $600 less than anything he was finding around here and in considerably better condition. He’s on his was to pick it up now. He really liked the auction. Not as much inventory as the one in his hometown, but plenty of anything he would ever need. It doesn’t draw in quite the people so he felt like things went a little cheaper at this one. Better policies and more integrity on the part of the owners too which was nice.

--Michelle inspired me to make blueberry muffins. :grin: Yum!

--As we were driving home Saturday my client from out of town texted to see if maybe I could do a massage. I ended up going in at 4:30 for her. She was very appreciative. Gave me a $25 tip. :cool:

--Got a letter from my insurance that they approved the nerve conduction tests. Need to see about getting that set up. He ordered it for all extremities. MRI is set for 11/17. I had to pay $1,936 up front. :cry: Deductible is now met. First time ever. :meh:

--Off Tuesday this week and only working part of the day on Friday. :cool: I’m leaving for book group in KC Friday afternoon. Makes up for the 6 days I put in last week. Busiest week I’ve worked since all of this going on with my arms/hands. It was fine. I actually don’t think work is affecting things one way or another.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-06 6:06 AM
Glad I could help with the inspiration.  :laugh:  I ended up making pumpkin muffins on Saturday.  :grin:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-06 6:57 AM
I’ll pass on the pumpkin muffins. :wink:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 7:42 AM
Good to hear the tests were approved and you can move forward.

What is a normal and what is a good tip for massages? I'm always nervous I don't give enough but usually getting the massage is busting my budget so when I do it is necessary. I'm not good at knowing what to tip if it isn't formulaic.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-06 8:29 AM
I don’t expect a tip. I have a lot of people I know who are probably stretching their budget just to come in and I’m thankful for their business. I’m very appreciative of tips and they’re a nice bonus. If you bend over backwards to get someone in or if they’ve rescheduled their appointment several times it’s kind of nice to be compensated with a little extra at the time of their appointment. On a half hour massage $5 is usually pretty standard. An hour massage and an hour and a half massage I may get anything from $5-$15. Occasionally I’ll be surprised by a bit more. Of my clientele I’d say I get tips on about 40%. You have to realize where I live though. I’m sure tipping in larger cities and more progressive areas is more standard. I will say, if you buy a Groupon you really need to add a little extra on. Therapists only get 50% of what you pay for the Groupon.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 8:44 AM
I guess I'm probably a good tipper then. Ok. I've never not tipped. And usually do $20. I always worry about %'s. Thanks!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-06 9:33 AM
I always do 20% (and add more if I did a groupon or try to calculate based on the real cost)
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-06 9:32 AM
Good thing you realized the start time

Glad he got what he wanted and saving $600 is a lot
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-06 6:28 AM
*I was up really early as well.  I'm on the funeral luncheon call list and needed to get a salad made for a funeral this morning.  I didn't want to stay up late last night and do it so I was making pasta salad this morning at 5:30.  :laugh:

*Bill went to watch Marie's last football game performance on Saturday. He also checked on her car which had developed a new rattle.  Sunday, early afternoon, he gets a call that the car won't start.  We made another trip down to Indy Sunday and changed out her battery in the pouring rain, thunder and lightning.  Hopefully that solves it. It did start, with some hesitation, after we made the swap.

*Joseph and his girlfriend got all dressed up to not go to the dance on Saturday.  :laugh:  They had decided earlier that they really didn't like the dance but gf did want to get a new dress and dress up so they went out on a proper date, as opposed to just hanging out which they do most days.  :wink:  They went to the movies and to dinner.  :hug:  They looked so nice.  :cool:

*I've been fighting some serious sinus pressure for about a week now.  I'm so ready to be done with this. 

*Jonathan and I went out and bought Ellie some new toys on Saturday.  Every 6 months or so we buy her some new toys to destroy.  And we can't get the cutsie cheap toys, we have to get the power chewer industrial strength toys that cost over $15 per toy.  But she's so happy.  And the people that play with her are happy too.  I figured we needed more toys since the weather is getting crappier for outdoor frisbee play time and most of her indoors toys were getting to the dangerously too destroyed point.  She has a mega tire that they play tug with along with rolling it for her to chase.  It doesn't damage my floor like some of her big nylabones did, but I do have tread marks on one wall from it already.  :roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-06 7:00 AM
What about a big, thick piece of rope and make a knot on the end to play tug of war with Ellie? That might be cheaper and more durable than a lot of toys. Sarge is pretty content with the cat’s plastic water bowl and empty cat food cans. :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-06 9:16 AM
Every time we've tried ropes with her she wants to eat the rope not play tug.  She gets obsessed with making the rope fray pulling and then eating the frays.  :roll:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 7:44 AM
Treadmarks on the wall:shocker!::laugh:

What kind of dog is she? How big is she?

Your kids :hug: They just seem like they are such good people already. You have done a wonderful job:cool:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-06 9:19 AM
Ellie is an 84 pound german shepherd. 

:hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:46 AM
:shocker!::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-06 9:35 AM
oh man Sundays rain was bad, that sucks having to change a battery in that

well at least you got to see Joseph dressed up!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-06 10:52 AM
That weather was awful!  We were at Culvers for dinner afterwards when dh got a message from his mother saying she heard there were tornados reported in Indy and wondering if we had heard from Marie.  He sent her a pic of Marie and said she was fine.  :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-06 2:53 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 8:17 AM
Ripley had a rough weekend.
-She and her bff are in a fight and not talking. She was rude last week to her bff's gma when being picked up from the bus. She is going to apologise for that but she and Maddie still aren't speaking.
-They lost their soccer game and probably shouldn't have but they did. Oh well. She couldn't have played better.
-She kept ignoring me or whatever and is now grounded. :roll: But I think she needed the grounding because frankly, she's been more pleasant since I did it. She needs more structure sometimes and is so good most of the time that we let things go. She does well when she gets punished. Weird, but proof kids need boundaries.

Tj is just loving school:hug:

Sat was the first day without the boot. I regretted it and was in major pain after several hours.
Sun was much better. I was without the boot half of the day and recovered well. I definitely don't think PF in general is now fixed, though:cry: Might have to tear it again:mischief::laugh::meh: Jk. Really.

Looks like i might have time now to get to the gym. :cool: Might be a gym girl again. I'm going tonight. :cool: Also going to be kid-free tonight. All night! #wine :mischief:

Spent $280 bucks on two :cry: pairs of shoes, but they are comfy and supportive and we'll see. Vionix suede loafers and Danskin clog-things. Going to see this weekend about some dress flats I can wear with skirts and dresses.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-06 8:32 AM
Maybe a night splint or Strassburg sock will help keep the PF under control.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 8:45 AM
I still have the splint from before the tear. Once I get back to regular walking and stuff I'll start using it again.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-06 9:23 AM
I hope Ripley gets things straightened out with her bf.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:47 AM
I think they just need some downtime. Both say the other always gets their way and both say the other is the bossy one....um. yeah. :laugh::roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-06 9:36 AM
Probably good to work back into no boot slowly.

I'm hoping to get back to the gym tonight too. I felt good after going last week
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:50 AM
I'm in my loafers with inserts today. I'm doing pretty good. I'm trying to walk slowly but I don't seem to be limping. I'm hyper aware of the foot, and very conscious when I walk, but no real pain. Luckily i don't have to walk except when I want to, and I think I'll ice it after lunchtime.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-06 9:40 AM
B's 1 year pictures were postponed because of rain yesterday. It was just light rain but still. Hoping to have it rescheduled for this next weekend although it looks super cold. Just hoping to get these done at some point.

Lots of rain yesterday and even a little bit of hail. some streets in the neighborhood flooded because the leaves clogged the drains.

Scheduled to take my car in to get something or other done. When M got in my car to take it he looked at the service records in the glove box and realized the services were already done back in January but he just forgot. Good thing bc i would have been mad at spending another $180 for no reason.

They replaced the keyboard on my work laptop bc the G key wasn't working. Well the new keyboard has a new space bar, kind of like a bar at the bottom of it that is now making it annoying to type because I keep not hitting the space bar. It shouldn't be this difficult

Cleaning lady came today - only 8 minutes late this time. Progress!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:45 AM
At least the cleaning lady is showing up. That’s a score right there.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:52 AM
Keyboard issues. It is amazing how difficult it can be to adjust to new keyboards or changes in them:meh:

Sorry about the rain. But maybe next time have a yellow rain slicker for some cute rain photos:laugh: Splashing puddles could be cute, but I bet it was also super cold up there. We could get away with stuff like that down here, but probably not up there.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-06 2:54 PM
It was actually around 60 I think yesterday. Our reschedule date Saturday has a current predicted high of 37 :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-11-07 6:45 AM
:cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-11-06 10:56 AM
We had to take Joseph's non-dance photos in the rain.  :cry:  But those at least weren't paid photos.  But still, it would've been nice to see gf's dress and not her coat.  :sad:   We did take some indoors but the lighting cast shadows so the pictures just aren't that good.

Maybe by the end of the month the cleaning lady will be on time?  :laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / First Monday in November RTTs