Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / MONDAY, 11/5 2017
- - By rungear [us] Date 2017-11-06 4:50 AM
On Sunday, November 5, 2017, Jim rungear wrote: :laugh:

Levi Douglas Wells, now about 24 hours old. :hug:  And, he passed the hearing yesterday.

We are oh so happy for the newbie mom and dad.  It is/will be wonderful. :laugh:

See ya later.   VDR and I are spending the night in Modesto near the Hospital, and then when they leave the hospital, we will check them in at home in Tracy this morning, and then they say no visitors for one week - time for them with Levi.

C U Later

Rungear
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-06 6:16 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:46 AM
Ok Jim,  you must be too excited.  You wrote MONDAY 11/5.    You must be wanting to stay in the excitement of 11/5.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2017-11-06 8:01 PM
yep, too excited, birth on Sunday 11/5.

Our daughters due date was tagged at 11/5, and so Levi let me out!   about 6 hours of pushing and Levi came out.

C Ya.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-06 9:51 AM
65 degrees on Monday morning.  Perhaps the last shorts and T shirt run for a while.  Looks like some more used weather coming from Dawn's area.  I tried working on speed work.  It just ain't what it used to be.  I just wander what the neighbors think of this old dude trying to run fast?   On the other hand I could sit in the Lazyboy all day and the neighbors wouldn't have to think about me. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-06 10:39 AM
Sorry about that weather.  It seems like forever since I've seen the sun.  If you do end up getting this Illinois goodness have a hat and gloves nearby.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:20 PM
True. At least we r trying!! :hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-06 10:31 AM
Short 5k Race Report  because I really ran a race.

Buffalo 5k.  Not that we have any buffaloes in Newark, but Buffalo Wild Wings was the sponsor.  I signed up back in August as a goal race. My goal to run the entire 5k...no walking.  Goal met*   okay I walked 3 steps with the water and 2 more steps to shake hands with a Vietnam vet who was volunteering as a street crossing guard.  Yes I ran, but it was slow as hell.  44:06.  My walking pace isn't much slower.  I told Lynda, that I must remember to not go out too fast.  I actually followed my own advice which was rare.  The typical 5k advice is don't leave anything on the course.  I actually had plenty in the tank at the end.  That's good I wasn't winded by 14 min miles, bad that I didn't push myself a little more. 

It felt really good to be part of race atmosphere.  2 years ago I did the Mayors Masquerade and just about finished DFL  So I'm glad I can run again.  6 months ago a neighbor gave me a cane.  That was a little kick in the butt. The nerve issues will never go away, but hopefully I can find a way too add some kind of bounce for a little more speed. (My oncologist told me Wed that my counts were mostly stable,:grin:)   Buffalo Wild Wings thru a great post race party.  Up next:  Reindeer Romp...but that really isn't about running.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:22 PM
Tom, that is wonderful news!! Made my day!! Congratulations on your race, your progress and your positive attitude!!!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-11-06 4:04 PM
So happy to hear that you RAN a race!! Can't wait until I can say that! Reindeer Romp sounds like fun!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-06 12:22 PM
8.07 miles this morning.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:20 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:25 PM
Went to a 60” spin class this am. Sort of wanted to go to the new Soul class but it started too early for me. And I think they do dancing on the bike, which is not in my skill set.

Hot here. :(.

Will run tomorrow night. DH flipped the mattress and my back feels better. Who knew? ( not code :laugh:)
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:38 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:55 PM
Hot here.... flipping mattresses.   And you expect us to believe it's not code????:laugh:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-11-06 4:02 PM
Hi, Jane! SOOO ready for actual fall weather....AGAIN!! Maybe I should have Ray flip our mattress. My back was hurting all last week.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:41 PM
Going to the track late afternoon. Waiting for my husband to get home from work so he can watch Misha.  I already locked her in jail while I was at kitty love this morning and I don't feel like locking her up again.  Somedays I long for a senior dog that sleeps all day and no longer gets into trouble.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-06 1:58 PM
Somedays I long for a senior dog that sleeps all day and no longer gets into trouble

Some guys say the same thing about their wives......
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-06 2:28 PM
:wink:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-11-06 4:06 PM
Give Misha a hug for me:hug: BTW-some seniors tend to get in trouble too! Of course, that's mostly the human kind!:roll::laugh:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-06 2:18 PM
It was warmer this morning than it is now.  I ran through a fine mist for my 8 miles this morning.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-11-06 4:00 PM
8 miles is awesome! It was pretty warm here this morning, but we are supposed to get some cooler weather!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-11-06 3:55 PM
Jim-SO exciting to have a new baby in the family!:hug:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-11-06 3:59 PM
Went out for 1.75 miles this morning and I actually RAN quite a bit of it!! It was just what I needed! :cool: I felt like I could have gone another mile or so, but didn't want to push it since my back has just stopped hurting.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-06 7:16 PM
WooHOO!!!!!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-07 9:04 AM
Great Report!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / MONDAY, 11/5 2017