Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Is Here dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-11-03 4:42 AM
Ahhhh! Post as you wish.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-11-03 4:43 AM
Thursday was a good 50 minutes out in the park. I ventured out just a little bit on the trail since I was already starting at noon. We have fewer deer roaming around then.
Today I’m off to the last class of this term. Yoga and Meditation and Tea Party.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-03 6:48 AM
Have a fun day at your classes. Hopefully something fun will replace these classes. We enjoy living vicariously through your education.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-11-03 6:42 AM
After frost on Monday, it's warming back up again.  It's currently 53 and 100% humidity (you know, nice crisp fall air :roll:) and is supposed to be back up near 80 by afternoon.  Anyway, I ran 5.2 miles.  I have quite an audience with the continued utility work, which might motivate me to run slightly faster than I would otherwise. :blush:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-03 6:50 AM
You squeezed a lot into that post. Avoid the melee if you can.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-03 9:33 AM
We have one last baseball tournament this weekend.  I'm ok with warm temps through Sunday, and then it can get to being Fall.  : pbbt:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-03 6:44 AM
Express workout today due to hectic work schedule. Got up at 4:15 but managed to while away the time and arrived at the gym at 545. Those coffee dates with myself always tend to run over.: pbbt:
3 miles some crunches and a couple of almost random strength exercises (biceps and chest) before it was time to head home. It really was a satisfying if abrupt workout. I like to believe I focused on what was most important with no frills.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-03 8:23 AM
Last night during DS1's baseball practice, I walked 2 miles at a 4mph pace.  I thought about going further, but I was in my jeans and button down and starting to get warm.  Didn't want to get sweaty gross in jeans.

Today is SDO.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-11-03 8:52 AM
I'm thrilled it is Friday. I ran 3 miles this morning. It was a good run and tomorrow I'd like to bump up the distance. I have a lighter day and will be home by 5:00. I've been able to get chores done during the week, so I have less to do n the weekend. It is nice to have more time. i have more work, and my schedule is pretty good.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-04 4:15 AM
I don't mind Monday, but Fridays are the best! Enjoy your weekend.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-03 8:54 AM
Perfect weather, sorry stormy I like it cooler in mornings and 80 in day. Ran a quick 3 not much time for anything else I'm taking half a PTO day to get G ready for his first scout camp without parents (Webelos go with scouts on Back to BrownSea campout to prepare for scouts) and our school auction is tonight. Theme is 60's. I have a dress, white go go boots, AND I am going to go get false lashes put on today - my friend claims to be an expert and so I will look kind of awesome. Which is very needed as having Gavin going on this trip brings back so many memories of Evan that are very painful and sad. Evan should have been with him. It took me days to drag all the equipment out for Gavin, every piece just broke my heart again.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-03 9:27 AM
:hug::hug:  your evening sounds amazing.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-04 8:31 PM
Hugs. Evan will be with his brother in spirit.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 9:08 AM
Good morning. Yesterday was a lazy SDO; today I need to do some kind of workout, but am trying to decide what. I will figure it out soon. I'd like to be outdoors today, but the weather is kind of weird.

Re: the stalking, threats and harassment I mentioned yesterday, I should probably explain that this is a smiting society issue that started on Sept. 4. T-bone was fighting in one of our local "wars" and he appeared to cause two injuries on the field. (I say "appeared" because one of them turned out to not be his fault.) I won't go into the details, because they are pretty long, but basically, people sometimes get hurt in armored combat. This one guy got a cracked forearm, and it was one of those weird things where he jinked just as T-bone swung and got hit in a spot where his armor didn't protect him adequately. A "sh*t happens" moment, basically.

Normally these incidents are investigated and if there was no malice or excessive force involved, it's not a big deal.

However, the current "king" got his panties in a wad and went after T-bone as if he were some sort of terrorist. The situation blew up badly, when it shouldn't have, because this one guy got his ego and sense of spite involved. I think he wanted to show he could punish T-bone somehow...and there is something weird in all this, like, we suspect he was enacting some revenge for childhood abuse or something. T-bone is a big man, and the king seemed fixated on humiliating him. And so he pursued both of us for weeks, both inside the smiting society, where he tried to prevent T-bone from fighting in the SCA for a full year (which is crazy, crazy excessive and only happens when someone literally tries to murder someone else for real while smiting); and out. He violated HIPAA twice by trying to extract privileged medical info from one of T-bone's medical providers; he shared someone else's medical info without permission in an attempt to drive a wedge between T-bone and me; he harassed friends of ours in non-smiting events and in public settings to the point where we felt we couldn't hang out with friends because they would be exposed to his stalking and threats; he tried to ruin our honeymoon by sending threatening, crazy e-mails to us while we were in Kauai (and was only stopped from doing so when another officer of the smiting society restrained him.)

This is a guy who has also been trying to convince me to split up from T-bone ever since I moved out to Colorado last year...which is when he was divorcing his wife. So the creep factor here is high to begin with. Add that to his unhinged and literally illegal actions against us and that may explain the references I have made to having nightmares, feeling stressed out, etc. This has been a crazy couple of months. But it looks like the asshat is going to face consequences. We are consulting with our attorney to figure out if we should take him to court; he is also being squashed within the smiting society by officers who are explaining to him vehemently that he cannot do what he has been doing, and they will be spending some time investigating and debating how best to spank him for it.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-11-03 9:34 AM
So much WTF in here.  Glad there are folks in place to help you deal with, sad that you even have to.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-03 9:48 AM
Can you do a workout close to either your home or your car so that if the weather changes suddenly you have refuge?

And that is mind boggling about the harassment issue. In any type of combat situation, people can get hurt. Like trail running. You know that going in and you accept the risks. I don't smite but both my kids were in fencing for a while and even though they wore protective gear it was possible to get hurt. Same thing for tae kwon do.

Also this guy way, way overstepped the boundaries, both socially and legally. It does sound as if there are a lot of issues for him (obsession? resentment? power?) and he needs professional help, but that does not excuse his behavior in any way. I'm glad the officers of the smiting group are stepping in to take action, and yes you may need to get a restraining order and possibly press charges against him or sue him, depending on what your attorney says.

Sorry it has been going on this long for you.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 10:38 AM
Exactly. It's a combat sport. You risk getting hurt, even with appropriate armor.  The kicker here is that this jerk is pursuing T-bone for causing injuries, but he has ignored or dismissed other injuries caused by other fighters...including the one guy who concussed ME by doing an illegal maneuver during a charge, and hit me so hard that witnesses said I went completely horizontal in the air before dropping to the ground. He has also dismissed or ignored other cracked forearms that have occurred in his presence. So it is clear he is pursuing T-bone with some sort of specific animus.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-03 10:09 AM
Humm... sounds like a cluster****. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that. No fun at all! In any contact sport there is risk of getting hurt. Smiting seems like the ultimate contact sport for that! If the guy is a real creeper, a do not contact order might be a good idea.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 10:30 AM
My BFF, the S.W.A.T. captain, has actually suggested a restraining order, with instructions on how to get one. Useful to have friends like that.

So far, the harassment seems to have stopped; apparently someone drilled into this guy that he is at risk for incurring actual real-world penalties. But if he starts up again, I will look into the restraining order.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-11-04 8:28 AM
Sounds like he was secretly in love with T Bone
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-04 8:32 PM
Or Zip.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-11-03 3:48 PM
Ok, I'm back to a computer with a real keyboard so I can comment now.  It seems that the "king" let her perceived power go to his head. :meh:  And clearly he has a lot of other issues as well.  I'm glad that the smiting society officers are taking this seriously.  I hope they are able to deescalate the situation and that you can get this guy out of your lives.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-04 4:18 AM
This is way over the top. I'm just a little concerned that even though you are doing all the "right" things this guy may not play fair. He sounds totally unhinged.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-03 9:51 AM
SNOW!!

I walked out the front door this morning to SNOW!! Just enough to cover the car and the grass, but not sidewalks or streets.  It did mean the gym was empty!:cool: 45 min of swimming and synchro drills. Felt so good! And no obnoxious people to report on. :laugh::laugh: Even the Satellite TV in the locker room was down, so the place was even more quiet!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 10:39 AM
You'd think snow days would be when more people would want to work out indoors, and the gym would be packed....
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-03 11:00 AM
Reebs's city is a bit like DC. A light dusting and everyone panics and holes up inside. (They might actually have to make their own coffee rather than have the barista do it. Oh, the horror!)
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 12:39 PM
Make their own coffee?? Say it ain't so! :laugh:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-03 12:45 PM
Well if they do it will be with fair trade hand roasted beans imported by a fair wage pedi cab driver who emigrated from a war-torn country as a child and is now working on a doctorate in astrophysics.  The coffee would be made by grinding it with a solar powered grinder hand carved by a monk who lives in the swiss alps and is the only one left in the world who knows how to make this grinder that dates back to the roman empire.  They will use water caught from the roof in a rain barrel and purified using a still powered by the energy from the composting toilet that also is fed by the backyard goat whose milk was obtained that morning, while they sang lullabies to the goat and showed it a slide show of it's young.  All of this would be served in a hand throw mug purchased from a formerly homeless vendor who is part of a homeless to artist collective and has successfully made it from Opioid addiction to successful artist with a recent installation in the Amazon headquarters building.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-11-03 12:59 PM
Sounds about right.  :grin: Except for exploiting the goat for its milk and compost matter.  Goats are people too! :mutmad:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-11-03 2:23 PM
Yeah, but raising their own soybeans would have taken another paragraph, and I had to get back to work!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-03 1:14 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-11-03 3:43 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 5:37 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-03 12:46 PM
So strange to see how differently cities react to weather! Here people are outside running in blizzards :laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-04 4:21 AM
I'm glad you got the place to yourself for awhile. Our gym was packed onFriday. I think it's the shrinking light window. It's dark until after 7 am here, but no snow yet though it was predicted one day.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-03 2:41 PM
6 mile run ended with snow flurries, which is kind of pretty but can now go away since I hate winter :meh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-04 8:32 PM
And you live WHERE again?:laugh:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-03 9:40 AM
2.6 this morning, may try for some more later. Although I have to leave at 3:15 to make it to the clinic by 5 PM. I got a text yesterday saying "we just plucked 90 kittens from the city shelters, can you foster?" Um, we have 1270 square feet. 90 kittens would carpet the living room. But we are taking 4 or 5 of them for a few weeks so I need to go pick them up after work. DD has been dispatched to Costco for more cat litter.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 10:55 AM
NINETY???
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-03 11:07 AM
Ninety. We are NOT taking all of them.

This is the fall crop -- second litter this year for most feral females. The first big rush is in April-May, when the shelters are overflowing, then it continues but at a steadier pace. 8-10 weeks after the queen has the litter she'll have weaned them and she's ready to breed again, and approximately 9 weeks later she has the second litter of the year and kitten season has a last kick before it's over. The fall kittens, the ones my granny used to call "blackberry kittens", are often weaker and needier than the spring litters because mom hasn't had a chance to rebuild her reserves after birthing and nursing the first litter. Very few cats go into heat between now and February, nature knows that kittens born in winter are very unlikely to survive and aren't worth wasting mom's energy on.

They know we can't take bottle babies so we should be getting slightly older kittens, ones who have already weaned (though they often like a supplementary bottle with their pate and their kitten chow) and who need to spend a few weeks eating, playing, and socializing before spay/neuter and adoption.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-11-03 12:39 PM
Wow. "Blackberry kittens".
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-03 1:17 PM
Born about the time the blackberries ripen.

Me: :hug:
DD: :hug:
DD's BFF: :hug::hug:
DS: :happy:
DSBF: :meh:
Fernanda: :meh:
Hrhiow: :roll:
Iota: :grin:
Gwen: :mutmad:

That's for the regular number of foster kit kats.

Imagine Gwennie's expression if she walked out of the bedroom and found ninety kittens had taken up residence.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-11-03 11:38 AM
90!! Wow:shocker!:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-03 1:18 PM
They have a pretty big network of foster families.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-11-03 3:50 PM

> Yes, I can foster kittens.  No, I cannot go overnight to being a kitten hoarder.

Kittens are adorable, but 90 kittens would be anything but adorable.  That'd require you to quit your job just to keep litter boxes clean!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-04 8:33 PM
Agreed. We have 4 now. That is quite enough.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-04 4:23 AM
You do a lot for kittens. I don't know how you keep track
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-04 8:33 PM
Excel spreadsheet...how else?
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Is Here dailies